Cervical Scan and Dr appt this morning

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2013, 08:36 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had my appt this morning with my regular OB and did that nasty glucose test. I hate drinking that sugar drink. i'll get my results back from that on Monday. I really hope that I pass because the 3 hour test is just terrible and I just don't want to do that. I also got the Rhogam shot in my rear end so now my butt is killing me. Oh what we go through for these sweet babies. Although they are worth every painful thing we must endure during pregnancy.

I also talked to my dr about all the contractions I had been having lately and he decided to do a vaginal ultrasound so he could make sure that my cervix was still nice and closed. Of course I was a nervous wreck. I just knew he was going to give me bad news but thankfully my cervix looks great and no signs of preterm labor at all. My dr also said it was fine to continue marital relations so I know DH will be happy about that.

I also talked to him about birth control options after this little guy is born and he said as far as permanent birth control the vasectomy for DH is the easiest thing. DH wanted me to talk to him about Essure which my dr said he doesn't really recommend. I guess there is a chance that it can fail and not work at all. So I am going to talk to DH tonight again about the vasectomy. I thought what I would recommend is that I go back on birth control just until DH can get the vasectomy done and make sure that he has no swimmers then I can stop the birth control. I'm really hoping that DH will agree. My dr said that he would be happy to talk to DH about the vasectomy and recommend a good dr for him. I'll let you all know how that conversation goes. Just hoping that he agrees.
Boos Moo likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 6th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ugh I dislike the glucose test, I hope you get good results! Good luck with the vasectomy convo!
December 6th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Just keep breathing.
I'm glad you made it through the glucose test- sorry it was so awful. Hopefully the results will be great.
December 6th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope the glucose results are good. Good luck talking to your DH!!
December 6th, 2013, 03:03 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I get to take another GTT at my next appointment. It really wasn't that bad for me. Good luck with your DH. Mine has come around after years of me telling him it was happening no matter what.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 6th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you had to do your sugar test. When I had mine I was a nervous wreck. When will you get results??

Poor DH. I'd heard it's reliable! Best of luck.

December 7th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I really hope you pass the 1 hour test because the 3 hour test sucks so bad! Let us know what you find out on Monday. Good luck with the V-convo. I'm curious to hear how that turns out too. It's something that I would really like my DH to get one day, but I don't feel comfortable forcing him into it. I want it to be something he agrees to. Not sure if he will ever agree to it though...

December 8th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure your numbers will be great, wishing you luck. With me this time they just had me track my numbers for 2 weeks, they were higher than they like, and put me on meds. So no yucky drink, but I do have to test every day, multiple times.
I hope your talk with DH goes well.

December 9th, 2013, 06:27 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I still don't know if DH is on board for a vasectomy or not. I told him what the dr said about the Essure and about how the vasectomy would be better and he just changed the subject. My dr said alot of men are afraid that it will affect their erection and their orgasm so I'm wondering now if that could be DH's fear and he just hasn't said anything about it. Not sure what we will do about birth control after this.

I hope to hear from the dr sometime this afternoon about the glucose so I'll let you know once I do.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search