Ugh

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So December isn't off to a good start. In addition to the whole let down last week (in regards to Thanksgiving), plus last week was 20 weeks for me (which is a great milestone, but also when I lost a baby girl), and now we have to take our renter to court (which I'm trying to stay out of and just let DH deal mostly with, but it's still stressful), but I started having some issues this week. Thursday I had some pelvic pressure and figured baby girl was just down lower than she normally is and kept wishing she'd move on up. And it was so uncomfortable that during the night I woke up and then was up for like 3 hours unable to go back to sleep (which also kept DH up because he was so worried). Well that went away by the time I got up Friday morning, but then after peeing each time I felt that kind of pressure pain (not really 'burning', but not normal). So I knew I had the start of an UTI and got some cranberry juice and started drinking it. We were supposed to go to Knott's that day with our friends, but we also needed to go to court to deal with our unpaid renter. That's a whole different thread -ugh. Plus our baby chicks started to hatch that morning and we had to take care of them before we could leave. So by the time we were ready to leave town (by that time we already knew we'd be missing Knott's and would only get in part of our visit with our friends and my aunt) it was the afternoon. My UTI wasn't bothering me on Friday night so I took that as a good sign. Saturday morning was good, but by the time Saturday night came I was feeling uncomfortable again and we were at a dinner/dance (I didn't dance this year) so we left early and on the way home I had a couple of BH. This morning I called to make an appointment and they had a clinic open who got me in quickly. Checked my BP, said it was high and they'd take it again (that's how all my appts go, and the second time it's almost always in the normal range). When they took it again it was still high. They tested my urine and said I did have a UTI, but also that there was protein in there (which could be caused by the infection). So couple the high BP with the protein in the urine and the BH last night, they sent me to the ER up the street to be monitored and tested for pre-eclampsia. So over to L&D's triage area I went. They hooked me up to test my BP, first time was high, second time was slightly better, they wanted another urine sample saying the other one may have been contaimenated, and when I came back the nurse said she wanted to try a different BP cuff on me (thinking the other one was to small). Well when she did that all my BP readings, except one towards the end of the 2 hours were normal (I'm not sure which cuff is accurate now though). Hooked me up to see about contractions, either I had none while hooked up the last hour, or not enough for them to worry (I felt 2) because they never mentioned it. So after a whole morning spent at the doctors and L&D they drew some blood to check, sent me off with a prescription for the infection, and want me to call on Wednesday for my blood work results. So long story short they think I don't have pre-eclampsia, but still need to follow up with my doctor (who is retiring at the end of the month -whaaa). And poor DH is stressed about it all (I feel so bad). When I had called him to tell them I was being sent over to the ER to be checked for it, he looked it up and poor guy freaked out and was so worried. So yeah, ugh!

December 8th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Just keep breathing.
Oh man, what a stressful time. That stinks about your renter- I hope you can get through it smoothly, though that's probably naive to say.

I hope you can get ahold of your doctor and figure out what's going on- maybe the UTI has something to do with the high BP? (I really have no idea, just speculating).
December 8th, 2013, 06:28 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am so sorry. I hope things get better for you.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 8th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Thanks. Mel I hope it goes well. She said she's moving out this weekend, then said by Monday. But she's lied every month so far about rent (I'll have the money Thursday, then doesn't until Monday, etc). So hopefully she'll be out by Monday so we can avoid court. But I won't hold my breath.

That's a good point about the UTI causing the BP to go up. Hopefully that's it. The ER doctor didn't call back this afternoon, so that's a good sign since she said she'd call if something came back urgent in my blood work. Otherwise I call Wednesday and find out more when all the results come back. Then when I see my doctor on the 16th I'm sure they'll retest everything to determine if they think I have pre-eclampsia or not. But I'll find out more then.
I'm just so ready for some good news to be happy about. I hate feeling like I'm always coming here just to complain and vent.

December 9th, 2013, 07:20 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh honey I'm so sorry for the terrible weekend you had and know that you can come here and complain and vent anytime you want.

I hope that it was the UTI that caused your high blood pressure. I hope that you go on Wednesday and get some good news. sorry your hubby is so concerned. it makes it hard when they are also worrying. Please let us know how you are doing and how your appointment goes on Wed.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 9th, 2013, 07:38 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You poor thing. What a stressful few days for you. I hope you find a little rest and relaxation to get things back on track.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
December 9th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I also feel terrible because today is Biz Town for DD and I was supposed to volunteer, and now it's not going to happen. She's sad that neither of us can be there (I can't be up helping kids all day, and DH has to go take care of the renter one way or the other). Wednesday I just make a call in, and it's to check on the results of whether I am to continue taking my antibiotics or not. So I won't get more info on the PE thing until Monday I fear when I go see the high risk doctor.
Thanks ladies.

December 9th, 2013, 09:50 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about your DD. I know it's so hard to let them down. I was on bedrest when I was pregnant with Jacob and I felt like I let Jackson down several times. Let us know what the docs say. Did you have PreE in your last pregnancy?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 9th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry for all the stress. I hope they were right and you don't have pre-e, and that everything else works out smoothly for you!
December 9th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
We all fall in a rut every now and then so don't worry about venting. I don't think it bothers any of us although I feel guilty sometimes too for my rants. I hope your UTI goes away quickly and things go back to their normal happy times for you. Keep us updated on what you find out.
December 9th, 2013, 05:23 PM
I haven't had PE before, and I didn't know how serious it can be until yesterday when DH started telling me more about what he found out. I thought it was just high BP during preg that could lead to early labor. I'm doing better about the worrying than DH (he honestly thought I was going to die when he first started reading up on it - stay away from those search sites for sure!).
Thanks for all the support
Turns out DD had an amazing day (I figured she would, she just gets nervous about going to new places without one of us with her). I'll KUP when I find out more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search