Weight gain

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel so guilty "complaining". I know it's temporary, and I know in the end who cares. But... I just feel so big. I've gained 34 pounds in 35 weeks. I know this is within normal, but it's hard to look in the mirror. I feel SO INCREDIBLY guilty for feeling like this! I should just be happy that I'm healthy and baby is healthy. Why is this bothering me so much?!!

So, how much have you gained (or lost)?
How far along are you?
How do you feel about that?

December 9th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
My weight gain fluctuates between 25-30 lbs so far. Today at my appointment the scale said I had gained 31.2 lbs total. I was like WHAT?! Me oh my!! I feel huge too. I'm always a little self conscious so it bothers me but It's something I can't really do much about until after baby gets here. I eat healthy 70-80% of the time so I feel like I'm doing my part. I just hope I can lose the weight within 3 months like I did the first time.

Don't feel guilty. Feeling "large" is part of pregnancy. Some women feel it more than others because we started out heavier than others or because we have image issues (like myself). There's nothing wrong with missing your old body and feeling gloomy when looking in the mirror at your 9 month body. You will eventually get back to where you want to be.

December 10th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel badly about my gain. And I know how my family talks, so while they may not say anything to my face, I do know that behind my back they are all laughing and making comments about "Wow, she's really packing in the beef!" And so forth. I know my SIL gained quite a bit for her pregnancies and everyone talked about her like that. So that's the part that makes me feel the worst.

I'm 24 weeks and I've gained 15 pounds so far. I've been pigging out on vacation this week so probably gained a bit more. To be honest I don't even want to look. I feel so gross most days I have a hard time with it.

Hopefully once baby gets here and spring is here I will get out and be active again. I don't like being bigger but with the way my life is right now it's just not a focus for me. I know it should be. I'm hoping when things settle down I will put my appearance back onto the front burner again.
December 10th, 2013, 07:00 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it is just normal to feel guilty about the weight gain or to feel like you are gaining too much. I have felt that way in all of my pregnancies.

I've gained around 25 lbs and I'm at 29 weeks. I feel huge but I do know that I have been eating very healthy but my body has just always gained alot of weight during pregnancy whether I eat good or eat like crap.

I just keep telling myself that I will work really hard and lose all the weight and get back into shape once my little boy gets here.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 10th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I feel like Ive been eating healthy. But I'm just taking in more calories than I did at baseline. I know it's temporary.

December 10th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You should be taking in more calories! Around 300 more is the typical recommendation. If you were small before getting pregnant, you might need more than that. And, I think it is natural for all pregnant women (well, most) to feel bigger than we are. When I was pregnant with DD2 I felt so gigantic, but I gained less with her than DD1 and she was an entire pound more at birth. I carried differently so looked much larger with her. It really is, a lot of the time, how we feel versus what is actually happening to our bodies, it is totally natural. Don't feel bad or guilty for feeling that way and DO NOT let people put you down for anything! Eating healthy is all you can do, it's your body that will take care of what it needs and what baby needs.
melissalaw and Sunrise like this.

December 10th, 2013, 08:33 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am just barely at the point in pregnancy that my weight increases (read finally stop throwing up). So, I am only officially up 2 lbs. I am trying to eat healthier this pregnancy. I was bad with Marsi.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 10th, 2013, 09:11 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We all feel it, no matter how much we gain or don't gain. I gained 55 lbs with DS. I felt like I would never lose any of it. But I lost all but 10lbs.

You'll lose the weight. Don't sweat it. Or rather, sweat it. Yes, Sweat! Do laps honey and Sweat those pounds off! HAHAHAHA!
Sunrise likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
December 10th, 2013, 10:24 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well said Cary!! I think we are all harder on ourselves than we need to be and we see ourselves as bigger than others. Like Cary I have gained less weight with this little one than I did with both my other 2 but I still feel huge.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 10th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, how much have you gained (or lost)? I'm now up 7 pounds from when I got pregnant, but I also lost 9 the first trimester.
How far along are you? Just over 21 weeks.
How do you feel about that? I feel like it isn't that much weight if I go from the weight I started at, but if I go from where I lost and then add in the 7, that's 16 pounds! Which is all in my belly and boobs (I hope). DH says my face is thinner because of the 9 pounds I lost, so I hope it's mostly belly/boobs. I just tell myself it's temporary and if I gain more than the 20 I'd like to stick close to, oh well. I feel so huge like I'm already looking like I could give birth this week, and due to back pain, sciatic, and hip pain I've been walking that way this week as well But if I have to be wheeled around in a wheelchair for my last few months, so be it. I've got this!
Ame C likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search