Christmas Wrapping Question

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2013, 06:42 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you wrap your gifts as you buy them and place them under the tree or wait until Christmas eve?

We always end up wrapping ours on Christmas Eve or the day before if they are gifts that we are giving to others on Christmas Eve. Our kids just can't stand having all those wrapped presents under the tree. Just too tempting for them. We don't wrap alot of our own kids presents, especially if it's something that you have to put together. We just get everything put together and then sit it out like Santa brought it to them. When our kids get older I will probably wrap some presents and put them under the tree. I think Christmas trees are so pretty with wrapped gifts under them.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 12th, 2013, 09:30 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everything is hidden until Christmas eve and DS and the dogs are upstairs for bed. The dogs will open everyone's presents, so it all has to be hidden.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
December 12th, 2013, 09:40 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Before I had Ava I would always wrap gifts and put them under the tree... But if I did that now she would go destroy them so fast! Haha. So gifts will probably wait till Christmas Eve and to do so for the next few years while we have young kids.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
December 12th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
There's no rules yet. Some years we wait last minute to wrap and other years we do it a few days/weeks before.

December 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH loves to wrap them as he buys them and put them under the tree. It took me years to break him of that habit. I think it's more fun for the kids to wake up and be surprised by how many presents they might have.
When DH and I first started living together and he'd put the presents under the tree as he got them, I cheated and peeked for the first few years - LOL! So that probably helped him learn to hide them until the night before. Now I don't mind waiting until the morning of (I had to break my habit also).
Ame C likes this.

December 12th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We usually don't get gifts till the last minute so they get wrapped right before we go. I did better this year and have most of my Christmas shopping done already and they are wrapped and under the tree. I'm guessing that'll have to wait next year since our little man will be around to get into them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search