How are you feeling?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By Sunrise
  • 1 Post By kaylakay
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 2 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
How far along are you and how are you feeling?

I'm 36 weeks and feeling very emotional and stressed... maybe even a little stir crazy. I just want to hold my baby and take him home with me. I know it wont be too much longer but the unknown freaks me out. I have no idea when Toren will decide it's time or when my doctor will decide to induce me. It would be nice if I had a date set. Toren's movements becoming less frequent and weaker feeling gives me so much anxiety! I'm just so ready. Today has felt like it's dragged on and on forever... I'm ready!!!

December 12th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
27 weeks here. I'm so tired all the time. It's like all I want to do is sleep. Other than that I'm pretty good. Getting excited I'm getting closer! I'm going to be so impatient come Feb.

Ame, I hope they set a date for you soon! Not much longer now. I can't imagine how stressed I'd be. It's not fair how the closer things get the slower time seems to get.
Ame C likes this.
December 12th, 2013, 05:30 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
23 weeks and feeling pretty okay. Dorian is lazy with kicks and it makes me think that maybe while the placenta has moved up, it has become anterior which would not be a good thing for my sanity. But, I won't know anything until January 3rd.
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 12th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Also 35.5 weeks. I have many bh and weird sensations "down there". We're finally getting things ready at home for this baby. My legs and feet get puffy a lot. I have the "last" growth scan on Monday.
Ame C likes this.

December 12th, 2013, 08:28 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Only 12 weeks here... Exhausted and anxious! I just want to have my baby in my arms.

I can't imagine what it would be like for you. I bet you are very stressed and I hope you hold that sweet baby soon.
Ame C likes this.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
December 12th, 2013, 10:07 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs to all you ladies waiting for baby to come!

Amy, I heard that baby's movements typically get quieter toward the end of pregnancy, because they get so cramped in there they don't have a lot of wiggle room for the big kicks anymore. Hang in there, you're almost there! But I imagine the end might be the scariest part for you, because of Clyde. Many hugs--PAL is sooo hard.
Ame C likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 13th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
12 weeks today! I'm feeling sick still, tired, annoyed at most everything and everyone. Ready for 2nd trimester good feelings lol

Amy, I agree that the baby has less room to move around once they start getting so big at the end. You'll have your little one in your arms very very soon!
Ame C likes this.
December 13th, 2013, 05:57 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be 30 weeks on Sunday and I'm so ready for the next 10 weeks to fly by. I'm starting to get uncomfortable and I'm so tired.

Amy I hate that it is so hard for you. I know my dr will set an induction date when you get to 37 weeks if you want one so hopefully yours will set yours soon. I really hope that Toren decides to come before your induction date but I know it would be nice to have a date. Do they have you scheduled for any more growth scans?
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 13th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Just keep breathing.
18 weeks! I'm okay, other than my spotting scare this week. Emotionally that was rough- I'm glad I started seeing my therapist again since I think otherwise I'd have been in a full blown panic. Physically I feel pretty good. I'm sleeping reasonably well, feel decently energetic, and am showing now which is really fun I've had this lifelong hip pain in my left hip that comes and goes- it's mostly my own fault, since I tend to sit with my left leg crooked up under me. It's flaring up again. I've had to go to PT for it in the past. I'm trying to do the exercises that the PT showed me but they're not having the same effect.

I'm starting to feel hints of what I think is baby moving, but am not 100% sure. I have an anterior placenta so it still might be a few weeks.
Ame C likes this.
December 13th, 2013, 07:45 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Ame, you must be so anxious. Hang in there Hon! There is so little room in there, Little Toren can't wiggle too much. If you feel even the slightest bit worried that his movements aren't enough, call the OB. Give yourself peace of mind. The OB will understand.

Home stretch now!
Ame C likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
December 13th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Thank you, you guys are great! It sounds like we are all in the same boat... anxious!!

I feel like I'm reading into everything too much and I just need to sit back and relax. For example, Toren's movement. He still moves and responds to me poking at him, so I know he's "okay," but the fact that he isn't a wild little tasmanian Toren anymore freaks me out. I had the BPP u/s on Monday and everything looked great. Then I had the NST monitoring on Wednesday and again everything looked great, so that should give me some peace of mind but honestly it doesn't. I go back on Tuesday 17th for another NST. I'm not sure if I will get anymore growth scans. I was told I will most likely get one every two weeks now. So maybe I will get another one at 38 weeks? I'll have to ask.

Back to the "I feel like I'm reading into everything too much" comment... Every now and then I get a warm ache/crampy feeling on the lower portion of my belly and sides. It reminds me of the way it feels right before my period is about to start. It only lasts for 10-15 mins max then goes away. I read cramps can be a sign of labor, but... I don't know if that's what it is. Then last night I woke up in the middle of the night with diarrhea. Like, run as fast as you can to the bathroom kind of thing and my stomach was hurting so bad right afterwards. I have no idea what caused it. I didn't eat anything weird recently. Actually, I can't eat much of anything right now because there's no room in my stomach anymore. If I do eat too much I get sick. So naturally I over analyze those signs as being potential labor signs. Plus I still get contractions everyday but nothing that strikes me as "It's time."

The last few weeks are such a mind f***! I feel like I'm waiting around for some alarm to go off to tell me it's time, but instead I get little signs that the end is nearer. What if I don't know when it's actually time and I end up giving birth in our SUV? That would be terrifying for me! I'm probably stressing for nothing because more than likely I will be induced, but then again, who knows!?!?!

December 13th, 2013, 10:53 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amy, I think that you will know when the time is here. I think your contractions will start getting closer together and your water may even break so I'm pretty sure that you will get to the hospital on time.

with Jacob I dialated to 3 cm at 33 weeks and then did not progress anymore until 39 weeks. I tested positive for group b strep. My dr told me that when my labor started to not fool around to get to the hospital because my labor would go fast. I was terrified that I wouldn't make it in time and I wouldn't get enough antibiotics to protect Jacob from the GBS but everything worked out ok and he was fine.

I think towards the end we let our minds get the best of us and start coming up with all kinds of crazy scenarios that could happen when most likely most of us will make it to the hospital and everything will work out just fine.
Ame C likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 13th, 2013, 12:32 PM
I hope your right Melissa. I know I'm being silly, but I can't help it, ya know?

December 13th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cramps like your describing can be early labor signs, but they can also be diarrhea cramps. You can always just call your doctor and ask them about it to be sure. I was told if I had cramping like that (which I've had a few times) to lay down on my left side, drink some water, and see if it goes away. So you're body just might be prepping more for the big event

Well how have I been feeling? I've gotten a few of those type of cramps, and a few BH this past week. It's weird because they say to push in your tummy around the belly button area when you think you're having a contraction and if it feels tight it is. Well if I'm standing my belly always feels tight to the touch. And if I'm sitting and have what feels like a contraction (whole belly area feels tight and squeezing) and push in at my belly button area it doesn't feel tight when I'm sitting.
I'm still tired (so much for that second trimester burst of energy, mine lasted about a week). I'm not napping everyday, but everyday I feel like I could.
Having trouble bending because my belly is so huge and round and in the way. Plus I'm still supposed to be taking it easy until I get the all clear from my doctor about the PreE. So nothing is getting done much around here. DH does the dishes and cleans the best he can. And I manage to do most of the schoolwork I want to with DD, but I don't feel it's as much as I'd like to be doing
I just keep on reminding myself it's only 4 more months + recovery and it's for the best cause
Oh and my hands keep falling asleep when I'm lying in bed - boo.

December 14th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm feeling ok right now, at 25 weeks. I'm feeling the baby really well but every now and then I do have a freak out moment, when she doesn't move or when I'm feeling nervous. I keep playing in my mind what we would do if something happened to her. I don't know how to sto that.

(Ames) super hugs to you. Only a few more weeks! I hope,your doctor will be super helpful and go ahead with your induction date. ((Hugs))
December 16th, 2013, 05:05 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ame, you are so close now, you could be feeling signs of early labor. I did with my DS for 2 whole weeks. I had the same thing - cramps, diarrhea, weird sensations. There were days when I had contractions lasting all day, sometimes only a few minutes apart. But I never progressed so the OB didn't do anything about it. Now you don't have the issues I had - I had something else back then, but you are so close now that your body is, well, "practicing".

Melissa is right though, you may wake up and feel great one day and then pop, your water breaks. At that point, call the OB and get in your SUV and get to the hospital. Or, if you start getting contractions at any time and they get closer and closer and more painful, call the OB, get in your SUV and get to the hospital. At this point, you and Toren are ready. If you don't know what a certain feeling or pain means, don't be afraid to call the doc. And it's natural to be anxious. You've been to hell and back. You have every right to over analyze every burp and fart.

We're all pulling for you girl! Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful boy!
EverydayJoy and MelChicago like this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
December 16th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ame how are you feeling this morning?
Ame C likes this.

December 16th, 2013, 08:44 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amy what you're describing sounds like how I felt at the end of my pregnancy with Kody. Honestly when they get big enough to be healthy if they were to be born, you just want them OUT because you feel they'd be safer in your arms. You should read my journal entries from end of pregnancy. Oh wait, maybe you shouldn't---I was like a deranged crazy woman just sooo anxious about everything, depressed that I wasn't going into labor, and at the same time, scared about labor & delivery.

I got so many "false" contractions that I felt like I wouldn't even know when I went into labor for real. I read about false labor, another word for it is prodromal labor, and that it is actually doing SOMEthing, that it's not just all for nothing. It makes small changes in your body that prepare you for the real thing, and help shorten the time that you will be in labor when the real deal kicks in. I know that's not really that helpful, at least to me it was like, "I don't care if I have a long labor, I just want to go into labor NOW!" But for me it ended up, that I just had crampy-like feelings forEVer and went 5 days past due. By that time I was fed up (I had refused the membrane stripping up until that point because I wanted to let nature take its course), and I told my doc I wanted to try to get this show on the road. She checked me and I was already 5 cm! It was just a regular OB exam. I wasn't exactly "in labor", or if I was, it was moving super slow. So she admitted me to the hospital and broke my water, and that was all it took to get it going. I had Kody 3 hours later.

All that to say, you are on your way right now, although it may be slow progress and scary because you don't know when you will go into labor, you are getting there, hang in there!
Ame C likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search