How's the weather?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good grief! We are expecting up to 40 CM of snow over night! I am not I pressed with this!

I was supposed to go shopping tomorrow and I was really looking forward to it! I hope the roads are cleared by noon but in my county that's not very likely!

I hate it when crappy weather ruins my plans!

What is it doing where you are? And is the weather so bad at your place that you worry about getting to the hospital when you go into labor? This is a frequent worry of mine, LOL.
December 14th, 2013, 05:11 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
That isn't really a worry of mine. Usually April isn't too bad of weather. Right now it is warm enough to melt the snowpack that has accumulated, but not much warmer. Typical December for here.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 14th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's good you'll be able to get to the hospital / birth centre easily! I keep having visions of a 30cm dump of snow and us travelling to the hospital in a tractor.... Which is a little funny, and a little terrifying!
December 15th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats hilarious! I have thoughts about not being able to get to hospital too. Then the thoughts actually became happy- I made what I call an emergency birth kit at home. Now I'd kinda be ok with not going, lol. I know it's in my head and I'd prefer to have a birth professional! But I'm scared about being at the hospital! I don't like the fast pace and crappy bedside manner!! Anyway, I know it's just one of my (many) racing thoughts. It's so unlikely to get caught in snow here.

December 15th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I can pretty much guarantee snow would not be the cause of me getting to the hospital any time of year (San Diego area).

The weather today is on the chilly side (I know you probably don't want to hear it). It's only in the mid/high 60's today, partly cloudy. But last night it did drop into the 30's for the low. If it's going to be chilly I'd like it to rain to

December 15th, 2013, 07:59 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sunrise, I was kind of hoping for an "oops" home delivery, myself. I felt like it might be more relaxing to give birth at home. It didn't happen, and it was fine at the hospital, very quiet and laid back. But I was dreaming...

Our weather is fine, 45 deg now, we had a cold snap a couple weeks ago where it was down to 13 degrees one morning. Unusual for here. Got a dusting of snow, but not enough to suit me.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 16th, 2013, 11:03 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it's been cold and rainy here but no snow yet. Our lows have been around 35 degrees so not yet cold enough for snow. I do not like snow unless we have no where to go and I can get outside with the kids and play for a little while.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 16th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This week has been a huge improvement in our weather here. It got up to about 60 F. It was so very very nice. The next few days should be nice, but the end of the week/weekend is looking like possible snow and back to the 30's for the high.
December 16th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, we got our huge dump of snow and now we are in a deep freeze to boot. I have no idea what it is in Fahrenheit, but we are at minus 31 with the wind chill. Today I subbed at a school where they had indoor recess because of the frostbite warning.

Surely to heavens we could move South..... Ugh. It seems more and more tempting every year! Remind me to never try for a January baby!
December 16th, 2013, 09:53 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that would be about -24 degrees Farenheit. Are you in Canada?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 17th, 2013, 07:44 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got a foot of snow over the weekend and it's below 0 here today. My chickens are eating quickly and then running back into the coop. My woodstove is working overtime.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
December 17th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well we had a warm up, 85 yesterday, 82 expected for today, and then cools back down with a chance of rain for Thursday. Which could mean snow in the local mountains (but you have to get there quick before it's gone this time of year).

December 17th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my that's cold! Stay warm, and be careful in all that snow!!
December 17th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep, in Canada! I'm subbing at a public school this week and we've had indoor recesses because of the frostbite warning. My car did NOT want to start today!

It's supposed to warm up on Friday to around zero. I think that's thirty five Fahrenheit. It will feel tropical! LOL.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search