Going Home Outfit

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree24Likes
  • 2 Post By melissalaw
  • 4 Post By Ame C
  • 4 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 4 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 2 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By Ame C

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2013, 09:05 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pregnant Ladies: Have you picked out your baby's going home outfit yet? show us a picture if you have one.

Momma's: Let's see some pictures of your little ones when you brought them home from the hospital.

here are the 2 outfits I have picked out: which do you all like best?

Here is a picture of Jacob when I brought him home. The outfit I choose for him was too big so he ended up just wearing home a sleeper I got him.

Here is Jackson when I brought him home. i look at this outfit and think what in the h__l was I thinking. He looks like a little clown. I know he will hate me someday for the crazy clothes I dressed him in.
humnck and Ame C like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 17th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Awww cute!! I don't think he looks like a little clown, but that comment made me giggle I like the bear outfit better but that's probably because that's been my newborn theme so far. Clyde was cremated in a white outfit that had little blue bears on it. The home from the hospital outfit I have picked out for Toren that I really hope he fits in is baby blue with a bear face on the pocket (except i don't think it has a pocket) and a matching bear ears hat. I will take a picture of it once I finish knitting this baby blanket that I've been working on over the weekend. I should be done with it by tomorrow. Then I will post a picture.

December 17th, 2013, 09:29 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I think those outfits our cute. I would use the sleeper only because it is easier IMHO.

I have absolutely no clue what I am taking Dorian home in. I am pretty sure it will be soccer related though.

Here is Marsi's take home outfit. It was really small for her (NB size) but my mom stuffed her in it.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 17th, 2013, 09:48 AM
I still can't get over all that hair that Marsi had so cute.

Amy I can't wait to see the blanket. and the matching bear hat sounds so cute. neither of my boys would wear hats for very long they always ended up pulling them off. I'm hoping this little boy will wear all the hats that I have.
Ame C likes this.

December 17th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I like the bear one the best too, but the sleeper would be easier to get him in and out of.

Here is Reagan's going home outfit...it had a cute fleece jacket that had a hood with ears on it, it was huge on her

And, I'm a terrible mother, I think this is the best I have of Addy, maybe just the best I have on photobucket...I am going to have to go and look for other photos! This outfit had something cute on the front of it...lol!

December 17th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I am just going to have a simple fleece sleeper. It will still be cold here and newborn clothing frustrates me. I'd rather have it easier! LOL.
Sunrise likes this.
December 17th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have an outfit picked out yet. I probably won't pick anything until after next month.
I think the bear outfit is adorable! I can see how the sleeper would be easier though.

I love all the baby pics! Babies are so beautiful!
December 17th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also love the bear one! I don't have an outfit picked out, mainly because we haven't bought any clothes yet. Also I'm waiting to see if this LO is going to be more regular size (like DS at just over 7 lbs) or jumbo size (like DD at just over 10 pounds). DD never got to fit into her NB clothing.

December 17th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like your sleeper with the animals.

My baby will come home in a fleece sleeper too. It's freezing here and fleece insulates babies well. I have a girly one and a boy one.

December 17th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Here is the outfit I'm hoping he will fit in. It's size newborn so fingers crossed. It has the little flip cuff mitts on the hands to keep those little baby fingers warm and toasty on the drive home. I'm not totally sure what those are actually called. The outfit is laying on top of the blanket I just finished making. There is a shade of blue in the blanket that matches the outfit, but you can't really tell from these pictures because the brighter blue and green over-powers the light blue. I'm happy with how it turned out. I told DH "Okay NOW Toren is welcome to come any day now since I finished the blanket." DH's response was "No, he needs to wait until a day or two before your scheduled induction."

Pfffft.... men!

(sorry the lighting on these pictures are a tad-bit wonky. That's cell phone cameras for ya!)

geogeek and melissalaw like this.

December 17th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So cute! I really need to get making a blankie for my LO. But all I know how to do (right now) is those tie fleece ones (which I do love).
Ame C likes this.

December 17th, 2013, 09:44 PM
I have Clyde's blankie packed away but it's a tie fleece blanket with his name on it and I love it!! I think I probably like the fleece one better to be honest, but I wanted to do something that was a little more time consuming to keep me busy.
Boos Moo likes this.

December 18th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Love the outfit and the blanket is just beautiful. you really did a great job. I like the outfits with the little cuffs on them also. My kids always seems to be born with long finger nails and I hate cutting them when they are that tiny so I like to keep them covered so they don't scratch themselves. I made the mistake of trying to cut Jacob and I cut his little finger. It just broke my heart to see him cry when I hurt him so now I just file then for awhile.
Ame C likes this.

December 18th, 2013, 09:01 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Melissa, I like the bear one best too! I think either one is cute though.

Amy, I just love your blanket and sleeper combo! The blanket colors are beautiful (my favorite, btw--blue and green). And I bet the NB size will fit just fine. What did Clyde weigh when he was born? Kody was 7 lbs even and he fit the NB size fora whole month! Which goes by really fast, in my memory.
Ame C likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 18th, 2013, 10:57 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw ladies, those are all cute and the pictures are adorable! I am horrible, I didn't take alot of pictures of DS when we were in the hospital. MIL dominated us the whole time. She came immediately when she found out I was going in for my emergency c-sec, tried to break into the OR (I'm NOT kidding) and stayed until visiting hours were over every single day. She actually took him out of my arms and held him for hours at a time, even "Petting" his head when I nursed. She is a PSYCHO!

When we left the hospital we didn't tell her we were leaving and left 3 hours early so we could get out of there before she showed up. There wasn't time for pictures.

I don't have an outfit planned - in fact, I don't have anything planned yet. Except my BIRTH PLAN. And here it is:

Don't Tell MIL ANYTHING until it's all over and we are home with the baby. I hope she gets so pissed off that she explodes into 8 billion pieces and I never have to deal with her again.
Ame C likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
December 18th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Thank you ladies.

Joy, I really like blue and green too Clyde was 6 lbs 11 ounces at birth and 19.5 inches. I'm sure he would have fit in the newborn clothes with no issues. I was about to make a post asking how you were doing. It doesn't seem like I've seen a lot of posts from you lately. Is Kody's reflux gone now? Or at least much better? I like your siggy and ticker.

Leia, amen on the "Don't tell MIL anything until it's all over" comment!!! Good grief that's crazy the way she acted at the hospital with you and your son. My MIL must be your MIL's long lost sister or something. We are actually moving next year to Colorado mostly just to get away from my MIL (she drives DH crazy too) and guess what.... She found out our plans and is seriously considering moving to CO too!!! I would just die!! She told us some story about how she lived there with a girl friend right out of college for a year and loved it and that's always been where she wanted to retire. I hope she's not serious!
melissalaw likes this.

December 19th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Joy I was thinking the same thing that you hadn't been around that much lately but I know during the holidays that we all become preoccupied with other things. I hope you and Kody are doing good and I hope he's sleeping a bit better for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search