Are you ready for Christmas?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2013, 08:55 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you finished all of your Christmas shopping? What about wrapping all the gits?

What are your plans for Christmas? Are you doing any yummy Christmas baking?

I am done with my Christmas. I need to get a giftcard for my niece but other than that we are finished. And we haven't wrapped a darn thing..lol. We don't wrap alot but I do want to wrap our gifts that we are giving to others plus just a few things for the boys to open. I think this weekend after they go to bed I will try to wrap some of the presents.

We are going to my in laws on Christmas Eve for a meal and to open gifts with them. My mother will join us that day also which is nice. Then on Christmas Day we will go to my dads for brunch and let the kids open gifts over there. I swear the kids always get way too much. We tried to scale back this year but I think they will end up getting way more than they need which is almost overload at this age.

And no I am not doing any Christmas baking. I like to cook but hate to bake so anything sweet we get at Christmas is usually store bought.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 18th, 2013, 10:46 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
All gifts are bought and wrapped. That was easy. We are going to MO for Christmas. Driving really, really early on Sunday. I am not one for Christmas sweets. Crazy I know.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 18th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Just keep breathing.
Have you finished all of your Christmas shopping? What about wrapping all the gits? I have a few little things to pick up, but should be done by the end of this week. I also haven't wrapped ANYTHING. I'll need to do that for my parents and niece before this weekend. DH's gifts might be not get wrapped until after the weekend.

What are your plans for Christmas? Are you doing any yummy Christmas baking? We are going to my family's big ol Christmas dinner on Sunday. My brother, SIL and their new baby girl will be there from NYC- it'll be the first time I meet my niece! She was born in Sept. Then we're going to DH's hometown on Monday, to have dinner with his parents & brother's family. Then we'll drive back Christmas Eve. We're staying in hotels both nights- long story but I think it will be good for us to have a little break at nights amidst all the travel and craziness.

Baking- I want to make a cherry pie for Christmas dinner. I LOVE cherry pie, and always get a bunch of sour pie cherries at farmers markets over the summer to pit and freeze for baking during the year. Other than that, not much. My grandmother makes amazing Christmas cookies and always gives us a big tin.
Ame C likes this.
December 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you finished all of your Christmas shopping? What about wrapping all the gits? We celebrate on Yule (this Saturday). I think we're done, except I had trouble finding a new shirt for DH that I liked and knew he'd like. So I might just wait til after Christmas to take him shopping. Most everything is wrapped. DD put all the gifts she bought and wrapped under the tree already, and we have hers wrapped and hidden. I still need to wrap her new jammie set and her new tablet (still want to put some games on it).

What are your plans for Christmas? Are you doing any yummy Christmas baking? Well after Thanksgiving I am not going to any trouble or inviting anyone. We'll celebrate on Friday night with DS and his DD since that's one of the days he has her. As for plans on actual Christmas, DH will work so his coworkers who want the night off can have it off. DD and I will do school work. I normally love baking treats (pies, cookies, fudge, etc). But this year, my heart hasn't been in it so I haven't. I even just today bought a store made pie for Friday night.

December 18th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just finished getting/wrapping gifts yesterday. We didn't have much to get this year.

I always make Christmas candy for my Dh's family. They don't really do gift exchanges so that's all I do for them. I always bake apple crisp for my families dinner we do on Christmas eve. Not sure if I'll be making anything else yet.
We will do Christmas with my family on Christmas Eve. My Dh's family hasn't said what their plans are yet.
December 18th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I still need to wrap but everything is bought. We don't have our Christmas tree up and wasn't planning on it really, but I guess DH had a change of heart and plans on putting it up this weekend (just in time lol). I'm still a bit of a kid at heart and will probably decorate the tree on my own. I would say I used to love decorating the tree but I haven't been really "feeling it" this year either... maybe putting the lights and ornaments on the tree will help with my holiday cheer. Who knows.

I have to make a peanut butter candy log, it's DH's favorite. It's super easy though so no big deal. Other than that I'm not planning on making much. Christmas morning I will make sausage balls because DH loves them. Then the crazyness will start. Around noon we will go to my SIL's house and meet up with MIL and FIL (yaaaay *rolls eyes*). Then right before it starts getting dark out we go to my Mom and Dad's house and spend a few hours with my family. THEN the day after Christmas my side of the family all gets together again at my aunt's house because her daughter (my cousin) is in town and most of us have never met her son and daughter.

I'm going to be exhausted... just typing it all out makes me want to take a nap. I just hope no one cries..... Sometimes when I'm saying hello or goodbye to family and giving them a hug, they start crying and saying how sorry they are (referring to Clyde)... then I start crying.... I can do without all that.

December 18th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ame, maybe you'll just be to pregnant to go this year But if you do go I hope it all goes smoothly.
Ame C likes this.

December 18th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boos Moo View Post
Ame, maybe you'll just be to pregnant to go this year But if you do go I hope it all goes smoothly.
I've told people that I'm in too much pain to visit everyone this year but that didn't go over too well. Everyone threw a fit saying I had to make an appearance even if only for a short time. The only thing is, I can't leave early because people talk talk talk and wont let me go! I tell them "Okay, I really have to leave now." but... they just keep on talk talk talking.

I could fake a tummy ache lol. One year I really did have a bad stomach ache and that was the only time I was able to actually leave early.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search