spotting and cramping

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By kaylakay
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 2 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By momology
  • 1 Post By MoonAngel702

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
SO STUPID!!!! WHY ME!!!

I got to the mall today to try and find some new work clothes/maternity clothes, got to JCPenny's then Sears, had to pee, went to the bathroom and had brown watery spotting on my panty liner. It went away and by the time I was done in the bathroom when I wiped it wasn't brown anymore.

I went to get a pretzel, sat down and ate it, walked around for about 10 more mins in the mall and decided to run to another store outside the mall. Got there, had to pee again and no spotting but by then I was feeling crampy, period crampy but not strong, just enough to be annoying.

Went to a couple other stores, just got home, still feeling crampy and when I went to the bathroom I had more spotting when I wiped.

I know brown spotting is old blood but it really still bugs me because when I had my miscarriage last year it was brown for 3 weeks, never turned red or got heavy, it was just light spotting, brown, it got a little heavier eventually but it was never soaking through a pad or anything, even after a whole day.

I seriously am getting so annoyed, my next appointment isn't for a couple weeks, I was just in for spotting Tuesday, I am just going to hope this goes away and everything is good.

Now I feel like I don't want to take the tags off of the few maternity clothes that I bought, I spent over $150 and want to be able to take it back if something happens. I hate this feeling, not being able to enjoy my pregnancy because spotting keeps happening, and now cramping.
December 28th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
That must be really draining and hard to cope with. I hope everything is still okay, I bet it is, but it's still so hard to go through the scary spotting on practically a daily basis. Maybe walking irritates your cervix too? Or I guess it could be a number of things but I know only seeing a healthy wiggling baby and hearing their heart beating is one of the only things that brings a temporary peace of mind. I wish your pregnancy wasn't so stressful and that you could enjoy it more, but please hang in there! Don't lose hope. Try to enjoy it the best you can. And take it easy lady! Do you have a doppler? I think you should pick one up if you can. It helped me immensely during those uncertain, stressful times. I would have had some major melt downs if I didn't have the convenience of my doppler at hand whenever I needed it.

((BIG hugs Courtney))
cortln likes this.
December 28th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs sweetie. I know if I walk to much (and it looks like you did a lot of walking) I get crampy. So I'm not allowed (DR and DH both said so). And early on doing to much caused spotting for me.
Take it as easy as you can.
I hope it stops soon, I know you've been dealing with it a lot. I second the doppler. Early on I needed it for my sanity. Even just a few seconds of hearing the HB each night was enough to keep my sane. I've since returned it since I feel her all the time now. But it helped me so much in the first few months.
cortln likes this.

December 28th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Just keep breathing.
I've been crampy on and off from the beginning, too, especially when out and about for long days. I try to drink lots of water, which seems to help some.

I'm sending big hugs, too. It's so hard after a loss, when just about everything will trip a panic. I had a headache this morning, and I had bad headaches around the time of my first loss (missed mc) so of course immediately feared the worst. (Baby girl has been dancing like a maniac all day, so I guess everything's okay). Still, it's so hard. Take it easy over the next few days.
cortln likes this.
December 28th, 2013, 04:31 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am so sorry that this is happening to you. I really hope that all is well with you and baby.
cortln likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 28th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm definitely considering getting a doppler more than I was before. I just keep talking myself out of purchasing one because I think any day now I'll start feeling the baby and will have that reassurance. NOT HAPPENING

Bright side - I got some cute clothes today. I'll feel a bit more confident going into my new job on Thursday.

Amy, I'll be thinking about you Thursday!!! What time is your induction scheduled for and what time zone are you in?
December 28th, 2013, 06:26 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I cramp all the time... Especially when I'm on my feet for 12 hours at work. All the OBs at work just tell me to stay hydrated and as long as there isn't tons of bright red blood not to worry.

I think a doppler would really help you. I use mine every 3-4 days. it really helps me.
cortln likes this.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
December 28th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. I was dealing with this until 14 weeks. At 14 there was a gush of bright red with clots, which I had checked at the ER. Babe was fine and they waited that long to tell me I had mild SCH. I had bleeding pretty well every week until 14. I had another bout at around 24.

It is so, so stressful and irritating and it made me angry because, like you, I felt robbed of enjoying my pregnancy.

I hope it stops soon and your doc is able to give you some comfort. ((Hugs))
cortln likes this.
December 29th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Courtney, I don't have a set time for the induction yet. I should be getting all the details at my appointment tomorrow, 30th. I will update you
melissalaw and cortln like this.
December 30th, 2013, 04:44 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow Courtney - can this be anymore stressful for you? Definitely get a doppler. I spent only $50 on mine.
cortln likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
December 30th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well the cramping stopped saturday evening by the time I went to bed. Had a little yesterday morning but it seemed like it was just left over from Saturday.

Nothing for the rest of the day, then this morning after I got to work it's bright pink when I wiped.

My next appointment is January 13th 1st thing in the morning so since this has been pretty much consistant over the past however long it's been and I've been to the Dr. like once a week for several weeks in a row, I'm just going to keep holding off until the 13th unless things get really crazy, like heavy period like bleeding/cramping.
December 30th, 2013, 07:03 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate that this keeps happening to you. I wish it would just stop. I think it is a good idea to go ahead and get a doppler then you will have reassurance that it is just your darn sensitive cervix and not the baby. I keep hoping that it will stop.
cortln likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 30th, 2013, 09:07 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry Cort. I hate that you are having to deal with this.
cortln likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

December 30th, 2013, 10:00 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
I'm sorry. Maybe you are doing too much? I get crampy from walking... Sometimes even grocery shopping will make me get crampy. I hate it and it's scary. I've had it since the moment I got pregnant so I try not to do too much physical activity. So maybe try to rest as much as you can. Hopefully it gets better and the spotting stops (((Hugs)))
cortln likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search