Yet Another Unlucky Month

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geogeek

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Yet Another Rant..

So yeah.. I was due to have AF yesterday... I think.. according to the calendars.. OFC my period came 6 days early this last time. No idea when I may have ovulated but I assume it was the CD14

So... two BFN this month.. it seems I am yet again not successful. It' so weird, I feel SO pregnant.. I have so many of the symptoms. DTD nearly every single day (save for like 3 days this month) with DH and still.. nothing.

I nearly have Chelsea weaned.. she still gets one feeding at night and I'm trying so hard to break that - since it's usually when I am dead tired and I am so used to putting her in bed with me and letting her nurse herself back to sleep.

Should I go to the Doctor's? It didn't take this long with Chelsea.. I've been off BC since September.. having regular periods, I am even at a much healthier weight then when I conceived my daughter - by 30lbs! It's so frustrating seeing others who are expecting again and here I am in Infertility-Limbo or something.

I am honestly don't think I am going to get pregnant again, it must be some fluke I had one child before.

Anyways, I hope everyone else is doing alright.. sorry for complaining.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
December 29th, 2013, 07:48 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any advice other than to send big hugs your way. Any delay in getting pregnant is SO frustrating, because your body should just do what it's supposed to do! Any other time, you're being so careful with birth control, but then when you WANT to get pregnant, it seems like it's not happening forever. I sympathize! Maybe get a full physical with your doc to make sure everything is OK?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 29th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Thanks Joy

I really don't want to have my children too far spaced.. I guess I feel like almost having #2 is as much for my daughter as it is for us. She doesn't have anyone her age to play with in the family and I just feel it's kind of my duty to make sure she has a playmate.

December 29th, 2013, 08:58 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Our OBGYNs won't even look at any infertility issues until you've been trying at least a year. I'm not sure how it is where you live.

I'm sorry it's taking longer than expected. It took 1 month with DD and all my losses and 3 months with this LO. The month where DH and I DTD every day I didn't get pregnant. But the next month when I tracked ovulated and did it every 2-3 days and then everyday for 3-4 days when I got a positive OPK we got pregnant. I think sometimes everyday is hard. It's even hard as a couple. DH and I were exhausted.

I'm sending baby dust your way!

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
December 29th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Sending positive pregnancy vibes your way!
Try your best not to stress. I know stressing can cause all kinds of weird but negative side affects on the body. Seems like most issues we have can be caused from stress. I also agree with Kayla, dtd every 2-3 days until you hit your ovulation peek window, then dtd everday for 3 or 4 days. Good luck I hope you get your sticky BFP next time!

December 29th, 2013, 11:39 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had Kody as much for Ethan as for us, too. I felt bad seeing how Ethan was lonely and bored sometimes and wanted him to have a playmate. Kody's been a tough baby, and there were times I had to remind myself that I was doing this for Ethan! I know it will get easier with Kody---and it has--and I'm just glad that Ethan has a little brother. Kody's awful cute, too.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 29th, 2013, 12:18 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
It took 9 months of TTC to get Dorian. I wanted Marsi and the next baby to be a lot closer in age. You are doing all you can. Doctors will usually wait 9 months to a year before trying anything to help. We used the sperm meets egg plan 2 months and got Dorian the second try on that. It is hard. Just remember, your children will not begrudge you for a few months of age difference than what you wanted.
kaylakay likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 29th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It took us 1 try with my loss and 2 tries with Sean. It took 3 times with this one. Sean is still nursing 1-3 times per day as well. I agree with the other ladies that you should do every 2-3 days until around ovulation. We started DTD every day once my OPK starts getting dark because I get a short surge. We also used preseed. Have you charted? Do you know if your LP is long enough? Nursing suppressed my LP so it was only 7 days and it was physically impossible for me to get pregnant. I started taking a balanced B vitamin and it really helped, adding a few days each month.

Good luck! I hope next month is the month! I understand your frustration. I was feeling that way, too. It's just so hard to find the time to DTD when you already have a little one!

December 29th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
It took us 1 try with my loss and 2 tries with Sean. It took 3 times with this one. Sean is still nursing 1-3 times per day as well. I agree with the other ladies that you should do every 2-3 days until around ovulation. We started DTD every day once my OPK starts getting dark because I get a short surge. We also used preseed. Have you charted? Do you know if your LP is long enough? Nursing suppressed my LP so it was only 7 days and it was physically impossible for me to get pregnant. I started taking a balanced B vitamin and it really helped, adding a few days each month.

Good luck! I hope next month is the month! I understand your frustration. I was feeling that way, too. It's just so hard to find the time to DTD when you already have a little one!

I tried using OPKs in November, I was using an 'Ovulation Calendar' on the internet and I was never able to catch the surge. I have mostly been going by Cervical Mucus and when I feel 'in the mood'. I am planning on trying to chart with my BBT next month. As for nursing, not entirely sure what it's doing with my body - it's been hard getting my milk to dry up because I have always produced SO much milk. I figured the once a day nursing wouldn't effect my hormones but I could
be completely wrong.

So I guess it's not technically charting as in, using OPKs til I get a positive or using BBT.. but I am trying to be more aware of my cycles ?

I will try taking some vitamins and seeing if that helps!

Anyways, I still haven't gotten my AF yet and still having very strong symptoms.. so I have no idea if I am still 'In' this cycle or not. Guess time will tell!

December 29th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. it took us what seemed like forever to get pg with our first, which was our loss baby. I was so devastated and then didn't really focus on TTC as much. I still took Soy Isoflavones the month after our loss when we conceived this baby.

Most doctors won't do anything till one year here, either. I've heard Vitamin C and Zinc can be good for your man's swimmers and I did a lot of research on other supplements as well. I'm not sure if they really helped but they made me feel like I was at least doing something about it.

I hope you get your BFP soon! TTC is a hard road when it doesn't go how you want.
December 29th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Doctor's here also wait a year.
Hugs, I know how hard it is. After our loss in January it took us 6 months to get pregnant again. And for us that was short (with DD it took us 3 years).
I hope you get your BFP soon.

December 30th, 2013, 07:39 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would definitely chart your temp. I know when I was still breastfeeding Jacob my cycles were crazy. I would ovulate one cycle and then next cycle have a perfectly normal cycle but never get that temp surge so I know those months I wasn't even ovulating so that might be what is happening with you. It took us a couple of months to get pregnant this time and I think it was because I was still breastfeeding.

you might call your dr. Because of my age my dr didn't want me trying for more than 6 months without his help. So I think all drs are different.

I hope it happens for you soon. TTC is no fun. It seems to take alot of the fun out of sex.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search