NYE plans

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By Ame C

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So who's doing what?

Tonight is the NYE Eve cosmic bowling party for the kids (DD is bringing a friend and some of her homeschool friends should be there). It a pizza/soda party with the music and glow in the dark things.

We were going out to dinner with DH tomorrow (he normally takes a long lunch break on NYE to come have dinner with us out somewhere). But now it looks like he might be the only one working so he wouldn't be able to. So I might take DD to a movie, she's been wanting to see Free Birds.
Ame C likes this.

December 30th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
That sounds like so much fun!!

I will be waiting on pins and needles for any signs of "early" labor, haha. DH bought a few fireworks and firecrackers about a week ago so we will play around with those at midnight on new years eve. Or at least whatever is left of them. DH has been lighting some early because he's a big kid and can't wait... lol.
Boos Moo likes this.

December 30th, 2013, 12:06 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I will be working 11pm-noon the next day. Women are always having babies so we always have to be there.

Thankfully... I get paid time and a half but still.

Maybe DH and I will do something when he gets off work New Years Day BUT I bet we will both be exhausted.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
December 30th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So far I don't think we are doing anything..... DH may see if he can get some time off and maybe we can do a nice dinner. Beyond that, we will probably stay in. I may make us a nice dinner and get us a movie or something.
December 30th, 2013, 12:51 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh we are so boring. We will put the kids to bed around 8:00 and then I'm hoping for some sexytimes. it's been lacking at our house lately because we've both been so tired but I'm determined to have some fun tomorrow night. Then we will probably go to bed early. I seriously doubt that we will make it to midnight or I know I won't make it. DH may but I doubt it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
December 30th, 2013, 12:56 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Sleep. I am going to go to sleep early and have a good rest. DH is staying up for some reason. I am not a late night person so I am not big into new years.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 30th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Just keep breathing.
Staying in. I have a bottle of sparkling grape juice We'll see if I make it to midnight!
December 30th, 2013, 01:53 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully we will be celebrating after our first appointment at home with some sparkling grape juice I probably can't stay up until midnight I am exhausted by 8PM every night.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

December 31st, 2013, 08:02 AM
Yeah I think last night was our family celebration (so different this year). We took DD and invited one of her friends to go to the cosmic bowling NYE eve party. They had fun, pizza, soda, lights, lasers, and music. It's not a late thing (6:30 - 9 pm). Then as a surprise we took them to DQ after for ice cream. Tonight I think I'll just get some take out somewhere and rent DD a movie and find a feed of the east coast ball drop. And we'll take today off from doing any school work to make it special.

December 31st, 2013, 05:05 PM
I asked DH if he wanted to pop the fireworks a little early since it's so chilly out tonight and so we can go to sleep earlier...
He said "I don't think it's safe to pop fireworks around pregnant women."
Me "Why not?"
DH "Because it will scare the baby, or it could hurt his sensitive ears."
Me "...... ???"
(is that true?)

January 1st, 2014, 07:59 AM
It could startle the baby. I don't know how loud yours are, but baby is pretty well insulated.
I hope you had a good night.
I think someone in our neighborhood must have been setting off fireworks because our dog was a basket case at the back door. Poor thing had to come in and sleep in DD's room.

January 1st, 2014, 09:24 AM
We went a head and set everything off. Ours weren't too loud but our neighbors had the ones that sound like bombs going off. It definitely woke Toren up! We had a nice time. I hope everyone else enjoyed ringing in the new year whether it be from your couch or bed or however

January 1st, 2014, 01:42 PM
We can't do fireworks (legally) here, so we only go to see them. And even then they are to loud for DD so we are blocks away usually.
And yeah I officially rang in the new year on the couch, as at midnight I was actually asleep. Woke up a few minutes after midnight.
I guess the fireworks didn't inspire him to come early

January 1st, 2014, 02:15 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was working till 11 last night. My DH had a friend of his come over for a little bit to hang out, but that's it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search