New (to this board) and paranoid...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2014, 03:22 PM
jumpingoffplace's Avatar Love the life you live.
Hi all. I'm new to this board... I thought I'd come here because I'm sure you ladies will understand this. I'm currently in my 7th week- and I've had 2 early losses- both within the 7th week. I just got home from the grocery store and as I was putting away the groceries, started cramping. Not painfully at all, and I'm not bleeding but I AM super paranoid... *sigh* I'm trying to convince myself it's something else, gas, whatever (and it very well might be). This pregnancy was a surprise- I was on the pill- but I'm thrilled and really hoping this wee one sticks. Anyway, thanks for listening.

Proud mom of 2 beautiful children (and one on the way!), Desiree (3) and Austen (2). Desiree has autism but that just adds to her sparkle.

06/2007 10/2008 ~Gone but not forgotten.~

Software engineering consultant and state autism advocate.

January 1st, 2014, 04:38 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know exactly how you feel. Every little thing makes us worry. I hope the cramping is just gas or something! Let us know how you're doing.
January 1st, 2014, 04:44 PM
Just keep breathing.
Big hugs to you! Of course we understand. Drink some water, take a rest, and just try to get through each moment.
January 1st, 2014, 05:02 PM
Every little twinge that reminds of the losses makes me panic... Thank you for understanding and making me feel less crazy. I'm still feeling it but not as intense... Praying it stops. I think I'm going to go to bed early if for no other reason than to not drive myself crazy.

Proud mom of 2 beautiful children (and one on the way!), Desiree (3) and Austen (2). Desiree has autism but that just adds to her sparkle.

January 1st, 2014, 05:32 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
With both of my pregnancies (I carried them both full term) I had cramping early on. I know that probably wont ease your mind, but just know it was normal for me.

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.
January 1st, 2014, 06:15 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still get some occasional cramping when I'm doing to much. So when it happens I lay down (when possible or sit) and drink some water.
Congrats and KUP.

January 1st, 2014, 06:16 PM
Thank you Ame! I can't wait to see pictures of Toren when he gets here! I read your earlier post but didn't respond - can I take my hormonal madness out on your MIL?? Sending lots of prayers to you.

January 1st, 2014, 06:50 PM
Thank you Therese. All of you ladies have been so kind. When I first wrote this I felt like such a big baby- "whining." I almost didn't post it. With both of my losses I was devastated... the second one was so traumatic- not only did I lose the baby but I nearly died. Every little twinge scares me out of my mind. Once I hear the wee one's heartbeat I think I'll feel better. I never got that far with the ones I lost.

Thank you ALL for being so kind and understanding. I can't really share this stuff with my friends because they just don't understand.

I'm still "sore" but feeling better emotionally about it. With the losses the bleeding started soon after the pain and it's been a few hours and the pain has lessened and there's been no bleeding. *phew*

Thanks again ladies.

January 1st, 2014, 07:56 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I cramped SO MUCH from like 4-9 weeks. I mean all the time. I was so worried but I'm now 15 weeks?

I really do think it's normal but I know what it's like to over think everything. I've had 3 losses.

Sticky dust! Stick bean!

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
January 2nd, 2014, 05:54 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and Congratulations on your pregnancy. Cramping is completely normal during pregnancy. I had cramping so bad with my last pregnancy I just knew AF was coming but never did. Sending you lot of sticky dust. I hope this is your rainbow baby.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 2nd, 2014, 06:14 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes lots of sticky dust and hugs.

January 2nd, 2014, 06:38 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know exactly what you mean. I was just at my doctor on Tuesday describing the cramps in detail she said it is all very very normal for early pregnancy and only to call in if there was spotting or bleeding. But she also said some spotting in early pregnancy is normal. . . It is just so hard not to worry!! Hang in there hun! Hopefully the first trimester will pass quickly!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

January 2nd, 2014, 08:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope the cramps stop for you. PAL is so hard. Cramps sometimes are stretching pains, but it is so hard to tell one from another...I wish there was something that came with you when you got pregnant, something that said, no worries needed, just stretching in here...lol!

January 2nd, 2014, 08:26 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Cramping is a very normal part of early pregnancy. There is a lot going on in that uterus! I actually get nervous when I'm not cramping. Around the 9 - 10 week mark, my cramping changes over to pressure down there as the uterus starts to stretch out and want to move up. It's so hard to not worry about every little twinge after a loss. Hoping you have a healthy and uneventful pregnancy!

January 2nd, 2014, 09:01 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy! I'm so sorry for your previous losses. It's definitely normal to feel paranoid/scared/worried. And I agree with the ladies, Cramping is normal. When is your 1st ultrasound? Looking forward to hearing all about it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search