Overwhelmed tonight

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes
  • 2 Post By Boos Moo
  • 2 Post By jumpingoffplace
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 3 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 2 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2014, 07:36 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So this pregnancy has stolen all my energy, really. I mean I'm still taking naps. Not everyday, but a about 3 times a week. And when I don't take a nap, or heck even when I do, I'm still tired in the afternoon/evening. And I don't know if it's the lack of energy or something else, but I have like pretty much no motivation to get most stuff done. Like holiday baking, I did zero this year. We barely got our decorations up, but didn't do our countdown or our year end journal like normal. DD noticed and even commented how little we did this holiday season. I feel bad about it, but just couldn't motivate myself to get more done. Plus the whole thing with our renters in December just drained any holiday cheer right out of me.
But what I'm overwhelmed with tonight is the fact that I just realized DD and I haven't done as much school work as I would like. We homeschool and work around DH's schedule. He works afternoons/evenings so that is when we normally do school so we can have family time in the mornings. We're still getting most stuff done, about half of her stuff is through a program on the computer so she's keeping up with that just fine. It's the half that isn't on the computer - like spelling. I realized it's been almost a month since we worked on spelling (which I guess if you factor in most people have the last 2 weeks off in Dec is only 2 weeks we haven't done). And our literature units have suffered the same fate (we also do lapbooks with our unit studies).
So I'm trying to bring myself back up to speed and making sure we get it all done. Luckily we had done some over the summer so we wouldn't be rushed during the year so we aren't behind. But I'm worried that come April that might change (thank goodness for spring break, I'll schedule it around baby's arrival). And I guess I can make up some during the early part of summer if I feel we're still behind.
So I guess I really shouldn't be overwhelmed. I guess I just needed to let it out and look at it long term. Sorry for the long post and if you've read this far you're a saint. Just typing it out has already made me feel more relaxed, though still sleepy.
humnck and Ame C like this.

January 1st, 2014, 07:41 PM
jumpingoffplace's Avatar Love the life you live.
((((big hugs)))) Don't get too down on yourself. Pregnancy is hard work- AND you're homeschooling. Bless you. YOU'RE the saint. I'm almost 7 weeks into this pregnancy and I totally feel your pain about not having energy. I'm a software engineering consultant- big name clients, tight deadlines, yada yada, and I'm totally dropping the ball which is SO unlike me... I can't focus because I'm either exhausted or nauseous.

You're doing the best you can, and that's what counts. Be kind to yourself just as you would any one of us who was feeling like we weren't doing all the things we should. You deserve it too!

((hugs))
Schofield06 and Boos Moo like this.

Proud mom of 2 beautiful children (and one on the way!), Desiree (3) and Austen (2). Desiree has autism but that just adds to her sparkle.

06/2007 10/2008 ~Gone but not forgotten.~

Software engineering consultant and state autism advocate.

January 1st, 2014, 08:36 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I had very little energy and even less motivation to get things done during this whole pregnancy. It's normal. It sounds like you have a plan and will be able to get things done no problem. Plus, it really doesn't sound like y'all are that far behind. I agree though, you're the saint! I want to home school so badly but it intimidates the cra.p outta me!! I hope when it comes time I can handle it.
Boos Moo likes this.
January 1st, 2014, 09:02 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you have a good plan. I have little to no motivation this pregnancy as well. I'm just too tired all the time. You'll figure it out and get everything done that you need to! No worries!
Boos Moo likes this.
January 2nd, 2014, 06:51 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you have a very good plan and it doesn't sound like you are too far behind anyway. it is so normal to feel exhausted during pregnancy. I'm tired 24/7 and have felt like a terrible mom lately because I just don't want to do anything besides lay on the couch and let the kids watch TV. It will get better and you'll get your energy back.
Boos Moo likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 2nd, 2014, 07:21 AM
Thanks ladies, you brought tears to my eyes. I do feel better about it all. If we are a little behind, then we are. I was looking at the core list last night (that her old public school uses) and we're pretty much right on track. Plus when she does her testing (her charter school does a reading and math placement test a couple times a year) she is always a grade or two higher. So I know I haven't failed. I think I was just overwhelmed because of the spelling thing and seeing the dirty kitchen (DH tries, but he's been busy lately and hurt his back, but still he wants to do so much of the housework - bless his heart).
Today though is going to be a good day. I won't even feel bad if/when I take a nap (probably will since I woke up at 5 am).

January 2nd, 2014, 07:53 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Therese, I am feeling the same. I'm exhausted and lately I feel just plain sick. I'm uncomfortable at night, nauseous almost all day, I have stomach pains when I lie down, heartburn, etc. I feel completely drained.

I'm struggling to get through a 1/2 day of work and next week I start full days. I'm dreading it.

I hope your plan of action works! I wonder what we can all do to get better motivated.
Boos Moo likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 2nd, 2014, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't feel guilty about any of it! You have a plan and you are getting through it the best you can.

And do NOT feel guilty over a dirty kitchen, you will catch up when you can. Things can wait. I had to tell my sister the same thing, she is on bedrest and said she can't stand to see things getting dirty, her husband tries too, but he doesn't do it the way she would. I told her she better not get off of her butt, because she needs to keep that baby baking. The dirt will still be there when you have the energy to take care of it. Heck, I am not pregnant and my entire house is suffering right now. I have learned to let some things go a little longer than normal, in order to spend a little more time with my girls. I work outside of the home full time, so I have to do it so that our relationship doesn't suffer.

Hang in there, your energy will come back at some point!
Boos Moo likes this.

January 2nd, 2014, 11:54 AM
Just keep breathing.
Just wanted to add hugs and say that I think you're a GREAT mom. Don't worry about the mess- it's not hurting anyone. And it sounds like you're much more on top of things than you think with your daughter's homeschooling. Hang in there!
Boos Moo likes this.
January 2nd, 2014, 04:03 PM
Thanks ladies.
Leia I'm not sure - but I'll cheer you on (go Leia, go Leia) and send you some motivation vibes~~~ And everyone gets a hug
EverydayJoy likes this.

January 3rd, 2014, 05:05 PM
So yesterday I did take a nap, 2 hours. And we did get spelling done! Today we had bowling league (well DD does, but I drive and watch and cheer them on), then her second brother (not really related, but he's been part of our family for about 13 years) and his fiance invited her for horse riding (they lead her horse around the ring at a walk and slow trot), plus we're now working on school (probably not spelling today though, maybe tomorrow). So I feel very accomplished today. Even got some house work done this morning before everyone else woke up. Now dinner might be microwaveable meals, but hey, small steps
EverydayJoy and Schofield06 like this.

January 3rd, 2014, 09:01 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Woohoo! It really helps the spirits to feel like you were productive. I'm glad you had a good day!
Boos Moo likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 3rd, 2014, 09:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you were able to get in a productive day and feel a little better
Boos Moo likes this.

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search