So uncomfortable!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By lelila

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2014, 04:17 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
And honestly still a little bit concerned. I've been really sore/achy on my abdomen since last night about 7p. It hurts if there is anything pushing on my stomach, and it gets a little worse when I'm up. Sitting isn't even comfortable. Everything hurts but laying on my side and even then I still ache. I did get in to see the Dr today, and they said everything seemed fine but if anything changes to call them and head to the birth center. They checked for previa, I don't have a fever, and am not having contractions/cramps. So I'm sure everything is most likely okay.
They said it might just be because I've had a cold. They would normally say it's from coughing, but I haven't been coughing and when she checked my lungs were clear. My sinuses are just really stuffed up. She checked my over pretty good though, and baby boy's heart rate and movements are fine. I just can't help but being a little worried still.

Anyway they said to take Tylenol and take a bath, but that didn't do much. I've been drinking a lot of water also. Is there anything else that might help?? Any other suggestions you ladies might have?

Also, thanks for letting me complain a bit. I'm just really not comfy.
January 3rd, 2014, 04:33 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Hotpads might help a bit. He could be trying to get into a different position. I am sorry that you are so uncomfortable. Unfortunately, it is pretty normal for the 3rd trimester
Schofield06 likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 3rd, 2014, 04:47 PM
Thanks. I guess I'll have to pull out my heating pad tonight. I hadn't thought about that. They said something about him moving around could be causing the pain as well. It definitely doesn't feel very good when he moves right now. It was just weird to me that it started all of a sudden.
January 3rd, 2014, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable! That does sound unpleasant. I worked with a woman who told me towards the end she would position herself in bed with all her pillows and then her DH would strategically drape heated Magic Bags on her back and shoulders to help alleviate the discomfort.

I hope you find something that works out soon -- I'd even recommend a prenatal massage or chiro if you are that miserable. I've no idea of the cost but one trip could really change things for you.
Schofield06 likes this.
January 3rd, 2014, 06:34 PM
Good idea. I might have to look into a massage or something if it keeps up much longer. I feel bad for your co-worker. Here's to hoping it's just a temporary thing!
January 3rd, 2014, 06:54 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you feel better! A chiropractor helped me as well as the prenatal massages.
Schofield06 likes this.

January 3rd, 2014, 07:58 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear this! Last term pregnancy really sucks, at least for the body aches part. Could it be that you maybe have a combination of body aches from the cold, you know how you feel achy all over, and maybe the baby is pushing around in there, and it's hurting because of being achy?
Can you use Epsom salts in a bath? That can help with achy muscles.
Definitely call or go in if you feel in your gut that you should go. Trust your mommy instincts to take care of your baby.

This might sound weird or silly, but when I was worried about Kody when I was pregnant with him, I would sort of try to focus on him mentally and then ask him if he was doing ok. Then just try to listen to my heart (not my heartbeat, I mean listen to my gut) and not the anxiety. Most times I would be able to feel reassured that he was ok, even though I still felt a little worried.
I hope your aches get better soon.
Schofield06 likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 3rd, 2014, 08:12 PM
Joy, it could be a combo of things, and most likely is. Thing is, the only part that is achy is my abdomen? Pregnancy pains are weird.

I'm not sure. I just know it seemed abnormal to me, so that's why I went in today. I feel like baby boy is okay right now, but also like there is something weird with my body. That may just be because of me not feeling well this week. I was honestly wondering if I had a uti or something when I called the Dr this morning.

You don't sound weird or silly to me. I think we have a definite instinct when it comes to our bodies and babies that we need to listen/pay attention to. That seems like a good way to do it. Thanks!

Also, I have epsom salts, and didn't even think to use them earlier. Feeling a little silly. I've been so stressed/spacy today....
January 4th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope you feel better soon. I do the same, when I'm worried about baby girl I lay down and talk to her 'how you doing in there'. And usually she gives me a kick or two (or 15) to let me know she's doing fine.
EverydayJoy and Schofield06 like this.

January 4th, 2014, 09:35 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the same boat. The last week I've been completely uncomfortable. My whole abdomen aches. I felt full all the time and there were some days I didn''t eat at all, just drank water, because eating made my stomach hurt more. I've lost more weight.

I started to think it was from all the holiday junk food. I started drinking apple juice and eating lettuce and carrots. I was in AGONY! I had horrible gas and stomach pains (TMI Warning coming up) Then it all let loose! I must have been terribly constipated and didn't know it. I couldn't stay out of the bathroom for three days straight. I'm feeling alot better now and can even sleep at night.

I'm trying to keep a balance now in every meal and I'm really paying attention to the amount of liquids (I always drank alot of water but I'm adding fruit juice to it).

I hope you feel better soon!
Schofield06 likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 4th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you start to feel better.
Schofield06 likes this.
January 4th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
My stomach was so tender!! It would feel okay when I woke up but standing for a while, bending over, pretty much any activity made it hurt so bad to the point it was very achy and even the slightest touch hurt so bad and felt like my whole stomach was bruised. My doctor said it was normal when I told him about it.
Schofield06 likes this.
January 4th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Thanks Ladies. I hope it doesn't keep up the rest of the time, but I guess if it does it's worth it in the end.

Leia, I did think about that, but I'm pretty sure that's not causing it for me.

Nothing's getting any worse or better so I'm sure it's all fine. Just not something I expected, I guess.
lelila likes this.
January 4th, 2014, 09:40 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad it's at least not getting worse. I hope you feel better soon!
Schofield06 likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 5th, 2014, 03:22 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad it's not getting worse. It could be just stretching, right? I ate homemade pierogies last night for dinner and I'm back in agony, so for me, it's definitely food related for me.

I read an article once that said if the baby grew at the same rate the whole pregnancy it did during the last trimester, the baby would be the size of planet earth! So you are definitely growing (though I'm not sure how accurate that article was), either way, hopefully that's all it is.

Get plenty of rest!
Schofield06 likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 5th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Thanks!

It could be stretching I guess, but it's felt more like the body ache you get when you have the flu or they way it hurts when you first realize you're getting a toothache. It's just weird. This afternoon has been a little better as long as I don't get up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search