What's going on?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By jumpingoffplace
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 2 Post By jumpingoffplace
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By kaylakay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So what's everyone doing this weekend?

Not much here, well a little more than planned since things didn't go as planned for a couple of things.
Today was just going to be going shopping and to visit a long time friend. But DS's car started smoking yesterday so he had to take it to the shop today and won't have it back until Monday (maybe). So after shopping I made another trip to go pick him up (didn't know it when I went shopping or would have combined the trips). Then our other renter called to say something was wrong with his checking account and could he come out and pay cash today. So since we live on a dirt road DH made arrangements to meet him nearby, which meant another trip. Then I still need to leave here in a bit to go see our friend, and DD may or may not have a playdate later (haven't heard back yet from the other mom). Originally DH was going to go to the other condo and paint today, but with DS's car and the renter thing he opted to stay here and prime the baby room walls instead. So he got the ceiling painted and the walls ready for paint.
I'm hoping now to just stay home maybe tomorrow and just focus on school with DD.

January 4th, 2014, 01:13 PM
jumpingoffplace's Avatar Love the life you live.
Not much going on here... Packing. Packing. Packing. I hate moving but I really want to get it done now before the pregnancy progresses further. I found a beautiful 4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom house and can't wait to make it mine! Closing should be this week so I'm hoping to get moved ASAP. That is if I can find the strength to pack....
Boos Moo likes this.

Proud mom of 2 beautiful children (and one on the way!), Desiree (3) and Austen (2). Desiree has autism but that just adds to her sparkle.

06/2007 10/2008 ~Gone but not forgotten.~

Software engineering consultant and state autism advocate.

January 4th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Just keep breathing.
Not much here. I spent Th & Fri at work, after the previous 12 days off, and still was ready for the weekend! I mostly just lounged around today. Hoping I'll be motivated to take down my Christmas decorations tomorrow, and possibly go to Pilates if the weather isn't too bad.
Boos Moo likes this.
January 4th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had a family dinner at my parents house today. My late grandmother's family used to get together after Christmas every year, and my mom promised to keep up the tradition. So, she hosts the dinner for them every year, and it was today. It was nice to see them all.
Boos Moo likes this.
January 4th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Jess congrats on the house! I'd send some energy/motivation to you ladies who need it, but I barely have any - LOL.
jumpingoffplace likes this.

January 4th, 2014, 09:38 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Probably just hanging out at home---not sure if I should go to church tomorrow. This afternoon Kody spiked a temp of 102.3, which rose even higher at the urgent care to 103.1. It's down now thanks to Tylenol, and they couldn't find anything wrong with him---ears, throat, lungs were clear and they even catheterized him to check his pee to make sure he didn't have a kidney/bladder infection. *Sigh* I hate when they have to do that. But I understood it was important to find out. His urine came back all clear thankfully. But I still am not sure why he has a fever. Urgent care doc said to see my regular doc if he still has a fever Monday, and go to ER if he gets worse.
Oh well! I know sometimes kids get fevers for no apparent reason, but I hate giving him medicine to bring the fever down without knowing what's causing it.
Hopefully he will be feeling better tomorrow.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 5th, 2014, 05:58 AM
jumpingoffplace's Avatar Love the life you live.
Thanks Therese!!! I sure could use it.... Instead of dreaming about cooking in my new kitchen, I'm thinking about how I'll be able to steal naps on the kitchen island....
EverydayJoy and Boos Moo like this.

Proud mom of 2 beautiful children (and one on the way!), Desiree (3) and Austen (2). Desiree has autism but that just adds to her sparkle.

06/2007 10/2008 ~Gone but not forgotten.~

Software engineering consultant and state autism advocate.

January 5th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Joy - I hope Kody feels better soon. I hate when they get fevers, so scary. Is his fever still around this morning?

Jess - I'd keep a pillow and blankie in a cabinet somewhere just in case

January 5th, 2014, 01:04 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup it was still 101 this morning since his Motrin wore off. Gave him some more and he's happy as a clam. At least he's cheerful!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 5th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Well I'm glad he's at least feeling well, I hope the fever goes away today.
EverydayJoy likes this.

January 5th, 2014, 02:44 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
We close on our house on the 21st... It's almost done being built. So I also need to pack but I'm so tired. *sigh* Plus packing with an 19 month old unpacking everything is difficult. Haha. I am also showing a lot faster this time so I have already gotten a bump! Dangit! I was hoping to move without it but grateful my little man is growing

Other than that... Life is pretty good here I hope everyone else is doing wonderful
Boos Moo likes this.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search