The first week

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies
You know I'm terrible about posting pics. I generally post/respond from my phone and posting pics I need the laptop. I haven't even changed my ticker cause I can't do it on the phone!

Me and baby boy T are doing well. Actually, he's doing great and I'm just hanging in there. I plan to post more details in the p/mal private place. Forgive me for being so private.

I didn't know post partum would leave my emotions so raw. The birth though intense was so much better than this yucky emotional state. I hope this phase passes quickly. And by phase I mean me! My little man is a doll to take care of. I couldn't ask for a better behaved baby. If I could just stay snapped out of this funk. Id say 80% of the time I'm in the yucky state and 20% I'm ok. When can I expect to turn the corner and feel better?

I hope all the pregos are nice and healthy. I'm rooting for you as you incubate those rainbow babies!

January 4th, 2014, 08:29 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Sorry you are feeling crappy. I struggle emotionally regardless so I was put on meds after Marsi was born. Glad you and T are healthy.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 4th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you're having a rough time. I have no idea on how long it might take to feel better. I hope you get to feeling better soon though! It's good to hear from you.
January 4th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you're having such a rough time postpartum. It's different for each of us. With DS I didn't have any problems, with DD I had to go on meds for awhile. Hugs. Glad to hear baby T is doing so great

January 5th, 2014, 04:32 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are having a tough time Sweetie! The blues can last a few days to a few weeks. I have a funny story about that when DS was born. The day after I brought him home I was sitting next to his bassinet and I just started to cry. DH walked in and said "Oh No! What's Wrong?"
I said "I lost my $&!T".
DH said "You pooped your pants!?"

I just started to laugh.

Feel better - if it lasts any longer, don't hesitate to call your OB. They WILL help you!
humnck and Sunrise like this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 5th, 2014, 05:07 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy emotionally. I had some PPD following both baby's births, and needed meds. But then, I have depression that waxes and wanes anyway, so I have to pretty much be on meds the majority of the time.

I guess I can't really say how long you might feel this way. My advice is to go easy on yourself. You just gave birth; that is hugely demanding physically, emotionally, and mentally. To top it off your emotions are going haywire because your body is changing from supporting a baby inside to supporting the baby outside! A lot of things are going on, even though it may not feel like it.

If you feel like you need or just want some help, talk to your OB/doctor. There's no shame in saying you just don't feel right and want something to help you through the hard part. Hang in there!
Sunrise likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 5th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. It is a lot of change. Left the apt for a walk today with little T in the wrap carrier and DH at my side. It's icy outside so it def wasn't scenic, lol. But at least I got out. Maybe ill get gutsy tomorrow and try to go out on my own (with T).

Today was better than yesterday emotionally. There's hope

I used to be on meds but after my second loss, I quit them. Luckily, I had been weaning off and it all worked out. Not everyone is so lucky. I'm not against being on meds- I just hope it doesn't get to that (again).

January 5th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
((Hugs))

I'm so sorry you're feeling rough. Getting out daily has helped with my depression in the past.

I hope the feelings pass and go can get back to feeling normal -- and if not, don't hesitate to call your doc.

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
January 5th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you got out and about (sorry it was icy). And I'm glad today is better. Hugs.

January 5th, 2014, 09:42 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear you about the meds, I don't blame you a bit. I don't like having to take them either.
You could try some chamomile tea if you are feeling really anxious or wound up, see if it would help you? You could also talk to your OB about any natural remedies that might help.
Walks are great, but go slow! You just gave birth!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 6th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you are feeling yucky. I am glad that T is doing well! I hope, for you, since you don't want to have to go down the meds route, that you are able to get through it without them.

I think the ladies here have said it well, don't be so hard on yourself. Giving birth is very traumatic for our bodies, hormones, etc. Let yourself heal in all aspects.

Be careful out on the ice!! This weather has been terrible!

January 6th, 2014, 11:38 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling down. I know it is pretty common to feel that way after giving birth. I really hope you will feel better soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search