Appointment yesterday

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So yesterday I had my first appointment with my new high risk doctor. She's really nice, though not as animated as the last doctor (he was a hoot). Anyway we started by going over my history and background. Then we talked about my blood sugars (when I spoke to her on the phone on Monday she was leaning towards insulin). She went over my numbers again and we discussed everything and because my morning numbers are getting better (in fact with the exception of Monday morning because I didn't take the medicine Sunday night due to low blood sugar the last 3 have been perfect), she's letting me try a few more days of using the glyburide to see if I can stay on it longer before going to insulin. But she's certain at some point soon I'll be on insulin because in this stage of pregnancy hormones really cause sugars to go crazy. So I have until Friday and then report back to the office on how I'm doing. This morning my number was 88, so again perfect
Then she did an ultrasound to measure little girl and check the umbilical cord and the fluid. Umbilical cord was looking great, she said I have a lot of fluid but not to the point where they get concerned yet but they'll keep an eye on it. And prior to yesterday LO has measured right on track at each u/s and fundal measurement. Well yesterday when she measured baby is measuring 27 weeks, I'm 25.2 as of yesterday. So she's had a big jump, but she was looking great. DH and DD were there so they got to see her. But since they were there the doctor also noted that it could be a combination of the GD and the fact that everyone else in the family is huge tall (DH is just over 6' 4", DD is 10 and she's already 5' 4", and DS is 6' 3", I'm the 'short' one at just shy of 5' 6") and that DH and I could just make big babies. My son was 7.7 when born and DD was 10.4 (I did not have GD with my son but did with DD). So of course they'll keep a very close eye on her growth. And chances are good that I'll be early (my EDD is 4/20).
So I go see her every 2 weeks and as of now I'm insulin free. Oh and baby girl ways about 2 pounds now. And I'm down almost 3 pounds from when I went to the triage last month. So my total weight gained is just over 6 pounds which the doctor said is really good. Especially since we know LO is growing.
Belita and Schofield06 like this.

January 8th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Just keep breathing.
I'm glad you had a good appointment and like the new doc! It sounds like she knows her stuff and is covering all the bases. Exciting that baby girl is growing like a weed in there
January 8th, 2014, 09:40 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am glad that you like the new doctor. It seems like she is a good fit.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 8th, 2014, 10:28 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you got to hold off on insulin awhile longer! That's good news. And sounds like your little lady is doing great. Thanks for the update!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 8th, 2014, 10:52 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad your appointment well. Your new dr sounds great and very through which I love in a dr. glad no insulin for now and glad that baby girl is growing and doing good. things just seem to be moving right along for so many of us. won't be long now and we will all be holding our rainbow babies.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 8th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great appointment!! Glad you can at least hold off on the insulin for now.
January 8th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. And Melissa I *think* you're due next, not far to go! Both my fasting number and breakfast numbers were in the good range today
Schofield06 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search