I'm back!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2014, 06:17 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Goodness! It has been awhile. Life has been crazy with the holidays and kids and their schedules.

I got into a huge fight with my in laws a couple of weeks before Christmas. It was so bad that I told them not to come. I've never done that before but I'm sick of them always taking advantage of us and treating me like crap. So it was finally time to stand up. It hasn't been easy. Tony and I had to start counseling because of it. It is really sad because this is the only thing we ever fight about. Not kids, or money or jobs or anything else just his family. So there is something definitely wrong there.

On a happy note, Santino is 9 months old! I can't believe it! He is almost walking which I am totally not ready for. We started to plan his first birthday party! It is going to be superhero themed. Time sure does fly.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! It's good to be back!

January 14th, 2014, 06:28 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love his sweet picture!! So glad to see you here. We've missed you. Sorry to hear about your problems with your inlaws. I know family can cause all sorts of problems. I hope you guys are able to deal with his family.

So glad that you doing good. And please make sure you share pictures of his party when the time comes.
AimeeD041727 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 14th, 2014, 09:06 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Hi again! Glad to see you around again! He is so cute! Sorry about your in laws.
AimeeD041727 likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 14th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Just keep breathing.
What a cutie! You have beautiful kids

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems with the in-laws. I've had my fair share of IL drama (FIL didn't speak to me for about 3 years) and totally sympathize. It's really hard when it comes between you and DH. In my situation, all I needed him to do was acknowledge that my feelings were valid- that YES, he could see how his dad was being intrusive and inappropriate. I didn't even need him to do anything about it- just acknowledge that he could understand why I felt the way I did. But he refused even that. So frustrating. It's good that you're seeing a counselor about it. I know that sometimes seems like it should be the last resort, but really, having a neutral party to help navigate the situation can be a really good thing.
AimeeD041727 likes this.
January 14th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG, that picture of him is absolutely precious! LOVE it!

I am sorry to hear about the IL fight, that is so frustrating. I am glad that you are in counseling and hope that you are both open to it.
AimeeD041727 likes this.

January 14th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello! What a beautiful little boy you have!

As far as in law problems, I have my share too. Mine live in our back yard (or do I live in their back yard? Not sure, LOL) and I have not spoken to my FIL since he lost his temper and grabbed me, shaking me and screaming in my face a year ago. Lovely, huh? We are in counselling now as well strictly because of DH's parents. Like Mel said, I just need some validation that what his parents routinely do to both of us is wrong, and I need my DH to wake up and accept that we are in a horrid situation because of all his parents have done to him. Our counsellor is working 1-1 with DH as well due to the abuse has has suffered over his life. It is a crummy situation and I'm sorry you're stuck in it, too!

We should have an inlaws support group, LOL! I'm glad you are getting counselling and I hope it proves helpful!

Looking forward to 'seeing' you around more!
AimeeD041727 likes this.
January 14th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love the picture! He's adorable.

Glad you're doing counseling with your DH. The in-laws sound terrible! Hopefully this will help the situation out some.
AimeeD041727 likes this.
January 14th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's so cute! Almost walking already?!

That is terrible your in laws are causing such problems but glad you are getting help!
AimeeD041727 likes this.

January 15th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That LO is toooo cuuuute. Love the picture. That sucks about the inlaws. I hope counseling goes well.
AimeeD041727 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search