Everydayjoy

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2014, 06:00 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Joy I just wanted to check and see how Kody was doing. is he sleeping alot better these days? How are things going with him. I noticed in your siggy that he's 8 months old which blows my mind. I can't imagine where the time has gone.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 15th, 2014, 07:13 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey thanks Melissa! I know, 8 months, it's crazy! He is getting so big, too, pulling himself up to standing on the furniture. He is going to go straight from scooting to walking, I am sure! He isn't crawling yet, and I assume he gave up on that to practice his new skill.
As for sleeping, it's still a gamble. I was going to do sleep training right around Christmas but then both the kids got the stomach flu, and Kody got another ear infection (he had just had one). Then when they got better from that, Kody got a fever of 103 but no explanation for it, and was fussy and not sleeping well for a week. Now he seems like he's feeling better, except that he seems to get stomach cramps when he eats! I think what it is though, is he had two rounds of antibiotics right around the same time he got that stomach bug and his gut is just totally thrown off. I'm giving him probiotics but not sure how long it takes to build back up to normal. So in the meantime, I'm not doing sleep training, because he still seems a little uncomfortable. BUT--on a positive note, he is sleeping longer chunks at night, especially at the first part. Which is great for having some time for hubby and I in the evenings, we can watch a movie without having to pause it 3 times in the middle!
Anyway, overall Kody's doing well, just trying to get him feeling 100% if possible.
Boos Moo likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 15th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh! Well that does sound like an ordeal but I'm glad he is sleeping longer chunks of time!

Might I suggest an infant probiotic? If he's had a few infections, a few weeks of a probiotic might get his stomach issues back to normal. I know it's tricky with his reflux, etc going on, so maybe ask your doc. I don't think it's one of those things that can harm, though...

KUP on how sleep training goes. I hope everything keeps getting better from here!
January 15th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Thanks Anna! I started giving him probiotics right after he finished the last round of antibiotics. I'm not sure if it's starting to help yet though. I'm thinking to maybe up the amount he's getting or give more often or both. I'm anxious to get his tummy back on track.

January 15th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Joy glad he is sleeping for longer period of time. I know that helps with your sanity. Sorry about the illnesses. Hopefully everybody is now better and the illness will stay away from your house. I'm hoping that we can keep everybody healthy in our house for the next few months.

I can't believe that he is pulling himself up already. I swear it seems like just yesterday he was a teeny tiny baby. Jacob never really did crawl. He did this little butt scoot and then started cruising and then walking so Kody may skip crawling all together.
EverydayJoy likes this.

January 15th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear everyone is feeling better. Poor little loves. I hope the sleeping improves, it's so hard at that young age.
EverydayJoy likes this.

January 15th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad he's sleeping longer periods of time! I hope the probiotics work for him.
EverydayJoy likes this.
January 15th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Thanks ladies! I hope it improves, too.
Melissa, I agree, I feel like he is growing up too fast! He is so cute right now too, I just want to keep him small for a while longer. Although, I am really looking forward to whenever he starts sleeping more. I think I'm losing my resolve to sleep train, though. I like snuggling him at night, although sometimes I'd like us to have the bed to ourselves. I am just used to responding to him and it will really suck if I sleep train and do the CIO thing.
melissalaw likes this.

January 16th, 2014, 06:53 AM
I understand about the snuggling. I loved my nighttime routine with Jacob. I think it drove DH crazy because I would always nurse him to sleep and DH just wanted to lay him down. But I loved that special time that we had. I will still rock him to sleep sometimes but thankfully he finally just learned how to go to sleep on his own.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search