Progesterone Question

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2006, 12:58 PM
Running Queen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies,

I'm a TTC'er but I got my levels checked this month after my first month on Clomid and they were 12.4 I know that this is low...but there is still a possibility I could be pregnant.

Anyone here have low progesterone when you first got pregnant? What did your dr. do?

Thanks!

Jen
August 3rd, 2006, 01:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not sure what my level were when I first got pregnant
but they were low so my dr put me on 200mg of prometrium before bedtime each night. That was around 3 weeks, I am now almost 10 weeks so far everything is going really good....

hope things turn out good for you

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 3rd, 2006, 06:46 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jen-

I know a lot of girls who had low progesterone when they were first pg and their drs gave them progesterone pills (the kind you put up inside you.) Since I had low prog before I got pg, the dr was concerend when I first conceived that it would still be low and he told me this is what they would do if that were the case. But you gotta start on the pills right away so ensure a better cance at not mc'ing. Good luck!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
August 4th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Regular
I am curious about this too, at 8w my levels were 13.5 but my dr. didn't seem to concerned about it, I thought that seemed low too. I was thinking I should be put on prometrium too.
August 4th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I am curious about this too, at 8w my levels were 13.5 but my dr. didn't seem to concerned about it, I thought that seemed low too. I was thinking I should be put on prometrium too.[/b]
That does seem very low- I was always told a good ovulating number was 16,17, or 18 and that apregnancy #s are even higher. My First set of bloodwork when I finally conceived had my prog. at 30 or 40 something- the highest it had ever been before that was on 100mg of Clomid and it was a 12.5.

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
August 4th, 2006, 11:17 AM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my progesterone measured at CD 23 on my first round of clomid. It was up from pre-clomid but low. When my progesterone was measured again with my HCG at 19 DPO, it was over 40. So just because your CD 23 progesterone is low doesn't mean you will have a low progesterone level should you be pregnant.

Good luck.

August 4th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Running Queen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies for the support. I tested today (10 DPO) and got a BFN. But I guess it's not over until AF shows!

Jen

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search