Appointments Today (cross posted in DDC)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By momology

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2014, 02:30 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So this morning I first had my nutritionist appointment. I last saw her around Thanksgiving. She was really pleased with my numbers overall, even though a few were higher than they like. And she was really happy with the fact that I've only gained 2 pounds since I saw her last. I've actually lost 2 pounds since I had my last appointment with the high risk doctor a couple of weeks ago. So my total gained is now 7 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. She gave me another option for breakfast since I'm mostly eating an egg or string cheese - plain greek yogurt. So I'll see if I can find the lowest carb one out there and try that. And she recommended another bread option since I've cut out bread after trying the kind that's low carb, high protein and it was awful. Going to give the Flat Out bread a try. So I go back and see her in March. Oh and she said they don't like your low to go below 70, I thought it was 60 so those lows I had in the 50's and one in the 40's are worrisome, but I think if I stick to eating every 2 - 3 hours (have to set an alarm) I won't get those lows. So if I nap I have to wake up to eat.
Then between appointments we checked out baby bedding at Burlington Coat Factory and Ikea. Neither had a large selection, and neither had anything to go with the theme I want. But Burlington had an adorable sea turtle one that almost made me switch my theme I might still get it as an extra.
Then off to my high risk doctor (well the other one since my new doctor, whom I've seen once, didn't have an opening this week). She wasn't as impressed with my numbers because of the few highs in there. But averaged out they are all below what they recommend. She wants me to add a half pill to lunch and we'll go from there. We got an u/s to check the fluid, and DH and DD were there to see baby girl playing with her feet. Her head is low (figured since I can feel her almost grinding my pelvic area) and feet are up towards my ribs (luckily no kicking the ribs yet). Fluid was the same as last time - still in the higher end of average, but still good.
So next week I have another big u/s to check growth, and that one they won't let DD in for so I was glad she got to come today. Also I got my kick count card and start that tonight. So everything is looking pretty good. Also got more lab work done and my whooping cough booster.

January 21st, 2014, 04:16 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like good appointments overall!! Glad you had a good day.
January 21st, 2014, 05:29 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I could be wrong but I bet you will be so happy when you can eat normal again. Not being able to eat a lot of stuff, having to set alarms, keeping track of everything... sounds like way too much work! At least you are keeping it all under control.

I bet the sea turtle bedding was so cute! I love sea turtles

Sounds like you have gotten a lot accomplished the past few days with the shopping, house work and appointments.
January 21st, 2014, 07:51 PM
Just keep breathing.
Yay! Sounds like a good appointment.
January 21st, 2014, 08:15 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you got to meet with a nutritionist, that's helpful that you got some ideas of how to deal with this better. Sucks that you have to devote so much time and energy to it, I agree with Amy---if it were me, I'd be so glad when I was done with all that! Kudos to you for sticking with the plan.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 21st, 2014, 08:50 PM
Yes I'll be so happy when I don't have to log/track each thing I eat and can eat some of my favorite foods again (hello mashed potatoes and spagetti). I'll still have to test myself for awhile (not sure how long yet) after delivery to see if my numbers go back to normal, or if they stay high. And I'll be really glad to not having to eat every couple of hours (I'm normally not a bfast person since I'm just not hungry for a few hours after waking up) without feeling sick. I did pick up glucose pills at the pharmacy today to keep in my purse in case I go low while out.
And Ame the bedding was soooo cute. My DD said 'I bet you want to change the theme now huh?'. The sheets even had little sea turtles on it and there were turtles to hang on the wall. If I hadn't already sketched my mural on the wall (DH painted Sat and Sun to get it ready for me) I just might have changed it I still think if it's not to expensive (didn't look at the price) I will get it since you can always use extra bedding right?

January 21st, 2014, 09:05 PM
jumpingoffplace's Avatar Love the life you live.
I'm glad to hear that things are going well. I admire your ability to stick to such a strict diet. That's a daunting task, especially when pregnant!

Proud mom of 2 beautiful children (and one on the way!), Desiree (3) and Austen (2). Desiree has autism but that just adds to her sparkle.

06/2007 10/2008 ~Gone but not forgotten.~

Software engineering consultant and state autism advocate.

January 22nd, 2014, 02:11 AM
Ok so I got the Tdap shot today, and let me tell you, the pain is so bad I almost want to cry. I can't move my arm without it hurting more (it hurts just hanging here). So typing one handed is my skill for tonight. The pain woke me up after being asleep a couple of hours and I took some Tylenol so hopefully that helps. It also seems to be causing a headache, so hopefully the Tylenol kicks that out. Anyone else get the Tdap and have such a bad reaction?

January 22nd, 2014, 06:31 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a strict eating schedule! I know I don't eat enough, but man oh man, that would be a pain to worry about every little thing. I hope you get a break soon!

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 22nd, 2014, 06:42 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a good appt. I'm impressed by how well you're doing with your diet!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
January 22nd, 2014, 07:44 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
therese I had that darn shot and my arm hurt for a week. Not sure which was worse that one in my arm or the Rhogam shot in my butt. Both were terrible.

Sounds like you are doing great with your diet. I know it must be hard. I have no problem eating well when I'm not pregnant but when I'm pregnant I'm not that great.

glad your daughter got to see baby girl. I know that must be so neat or her. Glad that everything with you is going so well.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 22nd, 2014, 09:16 AM
Thanks ladies. The arm is feeling a little better today, it doesn't hurt when I don't move it now, but if I move it - ouch! Still have the headache, took 2 Tylenol and if it doesn't go away I'm calling the nurse. Melissa I'm glad I don't have to have a shot in the butt because I'd have to stand or lay on my side all day. Hoping I feel up to getting to the store today to get some more food options, well and because we're out of string cheese, Greek yogurt, and meat (other than ham).

January 22nd, 2014, 10:00 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad your appointment went well!! Sorry the shot had such a strong affect on you!
Boos Moo likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

January 22nd, 2014, 04:52 PM
Yeah today the arm is still sore when I move it (or gosh forbid touch it). Had to have DH help me get my bra on this morning. And just feeling like I have the flu today. In bed most of the day, missed girl scouts (boo) and am not feeling up to going to founders day. I feel so bad not helping out, but honestly don't think I'd be any help with feeling so yucky. Thanks for the support ladies.
I hope everyone else is feeling well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search