Complication

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2014, 07:33 PM
jumpingoffplace's Avatar Love the life you live.
My ultrasound was great- baby looks wonderful! But the appointment, unfortunately wasn't ALL happy... Here's the rest. I was so relieved about the baby being ok that I didn't think too much about the rest until a little while ago. Denial maybe?

Anyway, I am being referred to Maternal Fetal Medicine because I am considered extremely high risk. I have a splenic artery aneurysm, which if it blew, is near certainly fatal for both me and baby. In fact when I was talking to the dr she said the only thing she'd ever read about it were cases when it ruptured and Mama and baby died. Comforting huh? Because of the extra blood volume during pregnancy, etc... it makes it even more risky.

HOWEVER when I asked if it would be checked to see if it was at a "critical" (like getting ready to blow) stage she said it would and that if it WASN'T it is POSSIBLE I'd be able to keep my prenatal care up here but still have to go to FAHC (45minutes to an hour away) for delivery because the local hospital doesn't have a vascular surgeon on staff in case something went wrong.

It's a lot to take in, but I'm trying to focus on baby being healthy and having faith that everything will be ok. It wasn't very comforting to hear that she'd never dealt with a LIVE patient with this. Holy $&%.

In all of this, the baby's father, whom I broke up with a month ago for a whole lot of reasons, has not once asked me about the baby, etc. He has started small talk chatter which really just annoys me. If you can't man up and talk about what matters, don't talk to me. Grrrr. LOL

Proud mom of 2 beautiful children (and one on the way!), Desiree (3) and Austen (2). Desiree has autism but that just adds to her sparkle.

06/2007 10/2008 ~Gone but not forgotten.~

Software engineering consultant and state autism advocate.

January 21st, 2014, 08:05 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my! That is so scary!! I hope everything goes okay for you. Glad you're getting referred to the MFM. KUP on how you are doing!
January 21st, 2014, 08:11 PM
jumpingoffplace's Avatar Love the life you live.
I will... right now, honestly, the fear is setting in. What is something goes wrong? I have two other children (3 and 2)... I'm scared but I'm trying to focus on the relief and happiness that baby is ok. I said something to that effect to the dr and she got a little bit of a stern look and said that baby most likely will be fine, but it was ME they were worried about. Yikes. That's a nice way to tell a patient to have a nice day huh?

Proud mom of 2 beautiful children (and one on the way!), Desiree (3) and Austen (2). Desiree has autism but that just adds to her sparkle.

06/2007 10/2008 ~Gone but not forgotten.~

Software engineering consultant and state autism advocate.

January 21st, 2014, 08:32 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes indeed! I really hope it's not critical and everything is just fine. I completely understand why you'd be scared. I'm pretty sure I'd be having a breakdown about now in your shoes. I'll be praying for you.
January 21st, 2014, 09:45 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My God! That is crazy! I would be scared too. I think holding on to being happy that baby is ok is good for right now, because there's nothing you can do right this minute about what you know. So I think just following what the doctor wants you to do, and staying on top of it, but meanwhile just trying to hold on to the little bit of peace you have about your sweet little one.
Ame C likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 21st, 2014, 11:48 PM
Regular
I will pray to God that everything is fine.Take care of yourself and you should talk to your husband about what has to done .He has to understand the seriousness of the problem.Be brave and surely everything will be fine.
January 22nd, 2014, 01:04 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jess, hugs. I agree with Joy - focus on the good. KUP.

January 22nd, 2014, 05:26 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did a bit of research on this and found several abstracts regarding this issue. Most woman who had a problem did not get an early diagnosis - the problem was found at the time of rupture, usually in the 3rd trimester. Age of patient, size and location were also factors in success in treating the issue.

I'm not trying to make it seem like it's nothing. You still need to pay close attention and have it monitored. Your doctors can work with you to maintain your health and pregnancy.

I'm sorry you have yet another stress factor to add to your pregnancy. Talk to your doctor about managing stress. That will be very important in helping you get through the coming months - you will need to watch your blood pressure closely.

Good Luck and KUP!

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 22nd, 2014, 05:39 AM
Just keep breathing.
Holy cow, mama. That's pretty intense. I'm glad it was caught early, so you can get the monitoring you need. Big hugs to you!
January 22nd, 2014, 06:10 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow. That's crazy! Praying big time for you and your precious baby. I am sure they will take care of you and make sure all is well during this pregnancy. Hugs!!!

January 22nd, 2014, 06:11 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Wow. Lots to process. I hope and pray you and baby stay healthy.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 22nd, 2014, 06:14 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Praying that both you and the baby continue to be ok. is there anyway that they can do surgery to correct the aneursym? Glad they caught it early and are going to keep a watchful eye on it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search