fighting the terror and sadness.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2014, 08:58 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Sometimes things hit me like a brick wall. Well, the realization hit me yesterday that one of my terrors is coinciding with the first anniversary of my loss. This time in my pregnancy with Marsi is when I went into preterm labor on my way to a baby shower. Yes, this pregnancy has been a lot easier than Marsi's. But, I do get tons of BH contractions all day and night. I am so glad that I loathed Valentines day prior to it being the day I lost my first after Marsi. So, I am terrified for Dorian and sad that I am missing my baby. A weird dichotomy.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 24th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs. It's so hard. This past Tuesday was a year ago I went in for my dating u/s only to find no HB and Wednesday was the day a year ago I had another dnc. Luckily I had both my appointments on Tuesday and we got a great u/s so I didn't even think about it.
You're getting close to Dorian being here. I know it probably sounds lame, but hang in there, you can do it.
Hugs.

January 24th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This whole pregnancy has been kind of weird for me since it lines up almost exactly with my first pregnancy as far as dates. My due date is only 4 days different. It was really hard in August which is when I lost my first pregnancy. So I get the weird mix of missing the one you lost with being excited about this one. I'm right there with you. This is where I should have been a year ago with that one.
January 24th, 2014, 10:20 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry. Loss dates are so hard. I hate them because I am so sad but also because nobody else knows that there is any significance on that day.

Just make sure your midwife knows of all the contractions. I've been having contractions daily since about 23 weeks and they have progressively gotten worse and worse and they haven't done much to my cervix or dialation so hopefully yours is just BH contractions also and they are not doing anything.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 24th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure everything is ok. I understand, though. My EDD this time is exactly 1 week after my EDD with my loss so things line up pretty eerily for me as well. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is nice and boring!

January 24th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Just keep breathing.
Big hugs. I too completely sympathize- my due date is just 5 days after my first due date (which was the day before Mother's Day). It's hard to to deal with the "anniversaries" and think about how things could have been different. You're not alone, friend.
January 24th, 2014, 12:13 PM
jumpingoffplace's Avatar Love the life you live.
((hugs))) I don't have any words of wisdom but please know I understand and am sending hugs and prayers your way.

Proud mom of 2 beautiful children (and one on the way!), Desiree (3) and Austen (2). Desiree has autism but that just adds to her sparkle.

06/2007 10/2008 ~Gone but not forgotten.~

Software engineering consultant and state autism advocate.

January 24th, 2014, 01:19 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just passed the anniversary of my first loss and it brought up all sorts of weird emotions. I am so sorry you are feeling this way.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

January 24th, 2014, 01:25 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Thanks ladies. Baby would have been over 3 months old. I am just taking it hard. Thanks for being so understanding.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 24th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry, I get it, sadly, we all do. My 2nd loss, in between the girls, I was due on Reagan's birthday. So, when Reagan's birthday comes along now, I think of that baby. I lost her right before my birthday too, double whammy, so I know how hard it is. Hugs! Dorian will be here before you know it.

January 28th, 2014, 01:40 AM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me, this pregnancy seems like a "do-over" just 6 years later. I found out Jan. 5th 2008 I was pregnant with Roman (I was 3 weeks late on AF). This time I found out Dec. 27th, 2013 I'm pregnant again. When I was 30 weeks with Roman, I will be 30 weeks with this baby. They both had/have the same due date of September 1st.
I know it is total coincidence but like I said, it feels like I'm getting a do-over and I'm terrified.

January 28th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I keep thinking of mine, too. I'd have a little baby by now!

I'm sorry these weird emotions are popping up... Loss dates do that. Hopefully it gets easier with time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search