Nursery *Pictures*

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So over the past weekend DH painted the nursery (plus we ordered the carpet and window) and on Monday I was able to sketch most of the mural I want onto one wall. Then Tuesday I had the shot and haven't been able to do anything in there since, well until last night. I decided the tree I'm going to paint is not as tall as I wanted it, so I got in there and erased most of it (still couldn't use my left arm and my right arm got to tired to finish it all). Now I'm going to go finish erasing the top part of the tree so I can make it the height I wanted and then finish sketching it out. So hopefully tomorrow I can start the painting part! I'd like to get it done before the carpet is put in (still waiting on the call from the carpet people to say our carpet is ready and pick a day/time for install). I really hope I like it up big on the wall as much as I like it small and on paper If not I guess the crib will go right in front of it - LOL.
For those who already have a nursery, do you have a theme? For those who are preparing a nursery (we actually just call it baby Starr's room right now), have you picked a theme?

*updated to add pictures*
So DD had these big butterflies in her room and wanted to give them to Truely (yes we finally picked a first name - LOL). There is one in this picture.

Here is her name and the sign is the first thing I bought for the room (because it was the first star thing I found besides a stuffed little musical star).

I just loved this saying and when we decided on the first name I knew I wanted it in her room.

I wanted to include my grand-daughter in the room as well since (hopefully) she'll be able to use it when she visits.

The door frame isn't done, but DH has one side up and one of my book hangers is up.

Here is my 'mural'. Keep in mind I'm not an artist at all And this was my first time doing anything this large. So yeah it's kind of crooked, and not quite like I pictured, but I did my best (and we'll put the crib along this wall - LOL). You probably can't tell in the picture but the things along the long branch (or vine depending on who you ask) are 2 birds.

Last edited by Boos Moo; February 7th, 2014 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Added pictures
January 24th, 2014, 04:11 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! You are a go getter! Good for you! I have ZERO ambition to clean DS's room and reorganize the furniture so I can fit baby furniture in there. We aren't going to paint or put in any pictures or any kind of theme. Just a crib and a dresser. Are we boring?

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 24th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I want to see a pic of your nursery when you get it all done and don't mind sharing. It sounds like fun (besides the erasing part) and I bet it will look so cute. I don't have any themes up in our nursery right now. I have all the stuff to do it but just never got it done. I wasn't sure if we were moving or not before Toren was born. Our theme for Clyde was dinosaurs and that's what we were going to use for Toren too. I don't even use the nursery right now. Me and the little stinker hang out in the bedroom or in the living room all the time. I'm starting to store baby junk in the nursery again... it was all cleaned out, but not anymore lol.
January 25th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Leia I think because this was a total miracle for us and we never, ever thought we'd have another baby that I'm probably going overboard But DH is indulging me, so off I go - LOL. With my DS his room was blue. I don't really remember him having a theme, besides the crib bedding. DD we did a nature/butterfly theme, but I didn't do a mural. I think this time around it's different because of sites like Pinterest (back with DS and DD either they didn't have sites like that or I didn't know about them - haha). So no you're not boring at all, I'm just to artsy right now for my own good
Ame, I will take a pic when it's done, and hopefully a pic of my drawing (which imo looks so much better than what I have sketched, but hopefully when it's painted it will be ok - I don't have a lot of artistic talent - eek). And yea we probably won't use her room for awhile other than diaper changes and if when DH goes back to work (he'll take a month off) one of us needs to sleep in there with baby so the other one can sleep in peace. But I think my form of 'nesting' right now is getting this done. Plus before I get to huge to reach the wall!
Hoping to start the painting tomorrow since we got the sketching done today, DD said it looked niiiice.

Leia I think because this was a total miracle for us and we never, ever thought we'd have another baby that I'm probably going overboard But DH is indulging me, so off I go - LOL. With my DS his room was blue. I don't really remember him having a theme, besides the crib bedding. DD we did a nature/butterfly theme, but I didn't do a mural. I think this time around it's different because of sites like Pinterest (back with DS and DD either they didn't have sites like that or I didn't know about them - haha). So no you're not boring at all, I'm just to artsy right now for my own good
Ame, I will take a pic when it's done, and hopefully a pic of my drawing (which imo looks so much better than what I have sketched, but hopefully when it's painted it will be ok - I don't have a lot of artistic talent - eek). And yea we probably won't use her room for awhile other than diaper changes and if when DH goes back to work (he'll take a month off) one of us needs to sleep in there with baby so the other one can sleep in peace. But I think my form of 'nesting' right now is getting this done. Plus before I get to huge to reach the wall!
Hoping to start the painting tomorrow since we got the sketching done today, DD said it looked niiiice.
EverydayJoy likes this.

January 25th, 2014, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't wait to see pics!

Our nursery is just a bedroom, LOL. We won't have a theme. I didn't even order a bedding set because my mom and DH's aunt are both quilters. We will have a bazillion fabulous blankets regardless.
January 25th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Anna I wish I could quilt. My grandmother made amazing quilts (I still have about 4 plus one she never finished). But she passed about 15 years ago If I could even sew I'd be happy. The best I can do is one of those tie-blankets So if I can find some fleece with stars (that isn't blue) I'm going to make one of those for sure!
So the mural turned into sort of a family project. DH made some stars for me for tracing and got the paints ready I'd use today. Then DD helped me paint the tree part of the mural. So it's coming along. I just remind myself that this is my first attempt at anything like this, and well trees aren't perfectly symmetrical - LOL. Plus they'll be a crib in front of part of it once we have one. One problem I was having was I wanted to paint a saying on the mural (twinkle twinkle little star do you know how loved you are). On small scale on my paper I did great, trying to do it big scale on the wall, well... Let's just say it didn't look like what I wanted. So DH painted over it for me. Even with lines and a ruler I just couldn't get it to look right. So I decided to give up on painting it and ordered the wall decal. I figure I can always try again when not pregnant if I don't like how the decal looks. So tomorrow I'm painting the stars and leaves for the tree and then if I'm still feeling up to it I might sketch the vines I want.
I also found some star mirrors and a blanket I just had to have (it's white with pink sea turtles and those Hawaiian flowers that kind of look like stars). Since I love sea turtles and Hawaii I couldn't help myself. And DH just said 'well, you're pregnant, go right ahead'. Haha, smart man. In all honesty they weren't that much so I knew he'd be fine with it.
Sorry to go on and on, but I'm pretty darn excited to be getting this done. DH even put in closet doors this morning (that room's closet hasn't had doors since the old ones broke when DS was a teenager).
..Michelle.. likes this.

January 27th, 2014, 07:43 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate that your arm is still bothering you from that darn shot. I know mine hurt for a few days but nothing like what you've got going on. I can't wait to see your nursery when it's done. Sounds like it is going to be awesome.

We are doing a Mickey Mouse theme but I have to wait on DH to get Jackson's room done upstairs so we can move Jackson and get started on the nursery. It will be awhile before I get started but I know Christian will be in our room for a while so I've got time.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 27th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like your nursery is going to be adorable.

I don't really have much of a theme. Just greens/browns and animals so that's it's gender neutral. Also, I didn't end up painting at all. Honestly my mom has done more stuff decoration wise than I have. She loves decorating.
January 27th, 2014, 11:11 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds so sweet!
We still aren't sure if we are moving the kids' bedrooms around to make room for a nursery, or if he will just stay in our room. It was another thing that was hard for me to not feel overwhelmed by.
I know that i want him next to me for a couple months, so I haven't been pushing myself to decide just yet. I want a blue and brown puppy theme though. I have picked out some things that I will order when I can that are very cute.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
January 29th, 2014, 03:20 AM
Thanks ladies. The puppy theme sounds cute. As does green/brown and animals (our LO's room has green and brown and pink so I love those colors). And MM is classic (my cousin works at Disney so her house is pretty Disney themed - LOL).
Well I'm almost done with the mural. I probably drove DH a little crazy with the painting and touch ups. First I had to have him paint the nursery in my 2 colors, then where I tried painting the words he had to paint over that for me. Then the first set of vines I did the green I used ended up drying to dark (looked almost black), so he painted over those. Well except the ones coming right off the tree because that would be to much for me to redo and then the tree might get messed up and need to be redone. I know I'm making this a much bigger project than it should be, but now I'm so far in I just have to keep going. For instance we were looking at crown molding and we saw this border (probably supposed to be used for a chair rail or something) that has a vine going all along with some ivy leaves. Well that fit our theme (kind of) of the vine going around the room. So we got it and DH painted it white and now I've been painting the vine part the same green our vines on the mural are and the leaves the same color as the heart leaves on the mural.
I should be finished up today (if I don't sleep all day since I've been up since midnight and here it is after 3 am now), then the carpet guys come on Thursday and I'll take pics then. And then I can shut up about it - LOL. Ok we'll maybe after the furniture all gets in then I can shut up about it
..Michelle.. likes this.

January 29th, 2014, 06:20 AM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No need to "shut up" about it! Sounds like you're excited and you have every right to be!! I haven't even thought about themes yet as we don't know gender and won't know for quite some time. I do like gender neutral colors but would like something to tie them together, so we'll probably wait until we know

January 29th, 2014, 12:16 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds so amazing I cant wait to see!!!

We will wait a while at least until after the anatomy scan to pick a theme for sure. But as I have been meandering around online I have been really liking robots and monsters

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

January 29th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Thanks ladies. And yes Michelle I'm super excited. The room will also be used by my DGD (yep grand daughter) so I'm excited that she'll get to use it when she's over.
The whole reason I picked the 'star' theme was because this little girl's middle name will be Starr and I just thought it'd be cute. Not knowing how hard it was to find star stuff for babies now days (seems like when my other kids were babies it was easier to find). I did find a few bedding selections but they were either blue/yellow or the pink ones were either cowgirl themed (cute, but the horseshoes clashed with my room) or $300+. I'm hoping to get some pictures tomorrow after the carpet goes in (though I don't think DH has baseboards yet). The mural is done (to the best of my ability) and my wall decal came today (a day early) so I was able to get that up as well.
..Michelle.. likes this.

February 1st, 2014, 03:49 PM
So with putting DD's room back together, plus work, and new renters, and life, we are still trying to get it done (so that's why no pics yet). The crown molding and baseboards still need to be put in. I did get the bedding for the twin bed that will be in there (figured that way if someone needed to sleep in there with her when she's not in our room - like when DH goes back to work- that they could), and the star mirrors. Still also need the curtains (haven't picked any out yet, hopefully on Tuesday). I did get the letters at Michael's today to spell out her name and DGD's name (I thought it'd be cute to have her name in there also since she'll be playing and maybe sleeping in there on the days DS has her). So I'm hoping by midweek to have it done for pictures since DH is off Wed/Thurs this week.

February 1st, 2014, 05:51 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Therese, it sounds like you are really getting everything together! Post Pics!

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
February 2nd, 2014, 10:43 AM
I will Leia. I really want to get the baseboards and crown molding up first. We have the molding, but DH didn't get the baseboards yet. Says he wants to wait until his day off which would be Wed., I told him that's like a week away in pregnant lady time!
EverydayJoy likes this.

February 5th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It all sounds amazing! I can't wait to see photos Both of our girls had the same theme/bedding. We just moved DD1 into the larger of the 3 spare rooms when DD2 was born. Light green walls, ladybug/dragonfly theme. It turned out well.

When my brother was little, my mom enlisted me to help with his under the sea themed room. I didn't think I was artistic either, but I managed a very large shark (looked like the one on the cover of the Finding Nemo DVD), I have never been able to draw it again...lol! I think it's fun to do stuff like that, it's more special too.

How is it coming along?
Boos Moo likes this.

February 5th, 2014, 02:26 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to see a picture if you have it done!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 6th, 2014, 06:28 AM
The only thing left is putting in the baseboards (and eventually getting a crib and bedding for it), and the curtains. So DH bought the baseboards yesterday and will put them in today. The curtains, well, we looked at 2 stores on Tuesday. Didn't find any at the first store that we liked. Found 1 at the second store we liked, but they were out of stock. So we'll try again next week and see if they have em in stock, or try another store. So I'm hoping to have pics uploaded today at some point.
DH and DD are taking one of the dogs on a bike ride to the donut place this morning, and when they get back he should be able to put in the baseboards and then the sun will be up also and I can get pictures. I can't believe we're almost finished with it
Ame C likes this.

February 7th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Oh in the top picture I had cropped it out a little because we didn't have the light switch cover on yet (but photobucket added it back in I guess - sigh), and you can see my big belly

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search