Weird Pattern - TTC Blues

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
So yet again - despite doing everything right, using preseed-lube, getting a positive OPK and temp spike - feeling really pregnant (taking my prenatal vitamins and a baby aspirin ) and about to test in a couple of days (early testing mind you) I got my AF again.

I've been charting my cycles and noticed something weird. Back on my 3rd-cycle between Nov 14-Dec 6th I had previously had a perfect 28 day cycle. We had plenty of sex and I was feeling very pregnant! All the signs were there and then suddenly one day I had an awful cramping out of nowhere. Cue the worst period I ever had with horrible cramping, lots of blood and feeling more nauseous than I ever had with AF.

Next Cycle - Dec 6th-Jan 2nd - 27 days.. fairly normal - we DTD everyday, I didn't *feel* particularly pregnant this month or anything but I gave it my best shot. When my period came at a more normal time I felt Cycle #3 was a fluke and Cycle #4 put me back on track.

Than this month happens - I did everything I could at what seemed the right times and yet again I am having another 22 day cycle.

I am fairly certain it has to do with hormones now, my my progesterone is too low or my prolactin levels are too high (my boobs haven't dried up completely yet even though I have stopped BFing for a month now). I am guessing it is either Lutueal Phase Defect or possibly PCOS? I have always had normal cycles.. when I was TTC for DD I had 29-30 day cycle. I tested positive on pregnancy tests 3 times out of the 4 months it took to get her. I also tested 11DPO with here and got a BFP. I remember thinking 'Dang I sure am Fertile!' Now it seems I can't even get that far out without AF coming up.

I think with using this particular BP medicine it is causing my hormones to be wacky, I am on a strong dosage (it works great when I am pregnant but not so much when I am not) but my PCP refused to change it since I was TTC. I guess I will see if that is the culprit when I go in after my AF to get checked out by my OB/GYN.

So I am not sure what's going on with my body or why it's so hard to get pregnant. Everyone else seems like they got pregnant after having babies easier than ever.. but not me.
So yeah, feeling kind of crummy now.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days

Last edited by Jessghetti; January 24th, 2014 at 09:51 PM.
January 24th, 2014, 11:46 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What kind of BP medicine is it? I know some aren't good when either TTC or pregnant.
And for me (just fyi) it took me years to get pregnant with my DD and then this time around it took 6 months. So it can vary big time.
Wishing you lots of luck at your appointment, hopefully your ob/gyn will be able to figure something out.

January 25th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like it could be a LP defect. I had a very short (7 day) LP after having DS and had to take B6 to lengthen it. It took a few months but it worked! I take 100mg and will keep taking it through he first trimester and then wean myself off. I'd try the B6 since it really helps to balance hormones!

Good luck!

January 25th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boos Moo View Post
What kind of BP medicine is it? I know some aren't good when either TTC or pregnant.
And for me (just fyi) it took me years to get pregnant with my DD and then this time around it took 6 months. So it can vary big time.
Wishing you lots of luck at your appointment, hopefully your ob/gyn will be able to figure something out.
I take Aldomet though in it's generic form of Methyldopa, it is a weird kind of drug since it doesn't act like many other BP and can effect your prolactin levels - which in turn can mess with your normal cycles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Sounds like it could be a LP defect. I had a very short (7 day) LP after having DS and had to take B6 to lengthen it. It took a few months but it worked! I take 100mg and will keep taking it through he first trimester and then wean myself off. I'd try the B6 since it really helps to balance hormones!

Good luck!
Yes my LP was only 9 days this cycle, I heard it has to be at least 11 to support a pregnancy. I O'd on the 15th, I got both an positive OPK and a temp-spike the following day. I did notice that my temp wasn't as high as it should have been just a couple days ago, I guess I should have took that as a sign.

I had to take progesterone suppositories during the first 13 weeks of my pregnancy with DD, so it is possible I still have that issue - but maybe made worse by the medication I am taking.

Anyways as soon as this period is over (and I will be SOOOO glad when it is) I am making an appointment to see the Dr and get it sorted out. Does anyone know if it's hard to get a blood-test ordered to check your hormones? I am worried my OB will just shrug it off and tell me to keep trying instead of ordering a few tests.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
January 25th, 2014, 12:53 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
That sucks. I would ask for progesterone. If you had to take it before, and your LP is being off like this, I would say it is a progesterone issue. I hope it gets figured out quickly!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 26th, 2014, 09:38 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It took years for my cycle to become regular after DS was born. And it never went back to what it was before he was born. For about a year after he was born I bled for 21 days and had 7 days of no bleeding. Then I slowly went to a 14 day period, 24 day cycle. That took about 5 years. I was on all sorts of hormones to get to that point. For about 2 years I've had about 21 - 25 day cycles, 5-7 day shed. 11 day LPs.

Nothing is simple.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 27th, 2014, 07:34 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would probably try to set up an appointment and see your dr and get his insight. It does sound like a LP defect could be your problem. Also it could be that your body is still trying to get back on track after stopping the breastfeeding.

TTC sucks. I hope that you get a BFP this next cycle.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search