Miserable...!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2014, 07:10 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Hey guys...

So last night I had the worst thing ever happen to me. I started to get severe pain through my back and chest. It was like right through my shoulder blades. It was so painful I started throwing up. I was pacing back and fourth and just couldn't sit still. This started at 9:30 pm and at about midnight I called into work. (I haven't called into work for over a year and a half) thankfully the person who was the charge nurse is also my educator. (An educator is just part of administration) I told her what was going on and she said it sounds just like a gallbladder attack and to go to the emergency room. She put me down for a sick call and we hung up. Well once we were getting ready to go to the ER the pain suddenly stopped... So we didn't end up going. It went away as fast as it came on. I will be calling my OB Monday. But anyone else get this?

ON TOP OF THIS... I have a severe cold. Horrible chest congestion, can't breathe, tight chest, coughing... I normally would be taking lots of cold medicine to help this. But obviously can't. What do you guys recommend to help this? I'm miserable. My nephew had RSV a couple weeks ago and now my daughter and I both have these colds. Hope it's not RSV!

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
January 25th, 2014, 08:37 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no how awful! I'm sorry to hear it. My husband had a gallbladder attack before and he was in so much pain. I hope that's all you see of it!
I'm sorry to hear about your cold! I'm trying to remember what is safe to take for a cold. It's been too long though since I needed to know that! Check with your OB?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 25th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Sounds like a Galbladder attack, fortunately I didn't have any problems when I was pregnant, but boy after I had DD I was in the worst pain! I am glad I got it removed but you can still get pain/spasms there - even with it gone.

Probably going to have to endure it until you have your baby - it's not much fun having two surgeries back to back

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
January 25th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Just keep breathing.
Oh no! I'm sorry that happened, though glad it went away. I've honestly never heard of a gallbladder attack- that sounds awful. I hope it doesn't happen again.
January 25th, 2014, 01:56 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I hope the pain doesn't come back and that your cold goes away.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 25th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
By the time you said it was between your shoulder blades my very first thought was 'it's your gallbladder'. Because you what you described sounds like when I was suffering with mine 4 years ago. It actually took a few months before it was figured out and I had surgery (well 2 one to remove the gallbladder and then one to remove the stones).
I hope you feel better soon. As for the medicine for your cold, I'm no help as I'm clueless also.

January 25th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Oh jeeze, that's terrible! I hope you (and your whole family) are feeling better soon. That gallbladder business sounds scary
January 26th, 2014, 09:48 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How scary! I'm glad it went away. I am clueless on such things, but I hope it doesn't come back. Feel better!

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
January 26th, 2014, 11:57 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Wow that sounds really scary I'm glad the severe pain went away and hopefully it is nothing to worry about. And being sick is the worst...I hope you feel better soon!
January 27th, 2014, 08:01 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kayla I'm very glad that the pain went away but yes definitely check with your OB. I hope it is nothing.

And I hope you guys don't have RSV. Jacob had RSV when he was about 9 months and it sucked. We had to do breathing treatments but he was better after about a week. I would go ahead and get her checked out just in case. Hope you guys feel better soon.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 27th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I thought the exact same thing, gallbladder, before I got to what your educator said. I would still mention it to your doctor, they might want to check it out. Most of the time, while you are pregnant, since they can't do surgery, it can be kept under control through diet. I think no greasy foods, and I can't remember what else.

As for RSV, adults usually get very bad sinus infections if they come into contact with it. Children can get much worse, so if your daughter was exposed to it, I would call and have her tested. Reagan had it at 9 months and also had pneumonia on top of that and we were in the hospital for just under a week. I hope that isn't what it is though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search