another loss in my DDC

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By humnck
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By smsturner
  • 2 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By kaylakay
  • 1 Post By momology
  • 1 Post By ..Michelle..
  • 2 Post By MoonAngel702
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is the second loss in my DDC in the last couple of weeks, we are all in our second trimester now and it's really freaking me out She had just felt her baby move the night before her routine appointment. They aren't sure what happened but they think there may be a knot in the cord She is being induced today I believe.

This is just so scary to me. I know there's nothing I can do to prevent things like that from happening but it just makes me so scared and sad

I don't feel the baby move much and when I think I do I'm not even 100% sure it's the baby. This is my third pregnancy, 2nd child if nothing goes wrong. I just really thought I'd be feeling a lot of movement by now at 18 1/2 weeks. 1st pregnancy was a crazy little girl who never stops, maybe this one is a laid back boy who is calm like my husband...?? I don't know... All I know is that I wish I could just feel this kid kick me!

Thanks for letting me vent lol This is the only place I can come where people understand and won't just tell me "Oh I'm sure everything is fine, you need to relax, blah blah blah"
January 27th, 2014, 06:55 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the later losses scare me more than the earlier losses. I'm sorry that you are worrying. I'm getting near the end of my pregnancy and it seems the later I get the more worried I become. It just sucks. We are planning on inducing at 39 weeks and I know part of the reason I want to induce is just because I want him here and not in my tummy. I feel like he is safer in my arms than in my tummy. Girls in my DDC would never understand and most are against inductions so I just don't really mention it to them.

Do you know where your placenta is? With this pregnancy I had an anterior placenta and it was much later than with my other two when I finally started feeling alot of movement. That could be part of your movement issue. Just check on baby with your doppler and hopefully that will give you some reassurance.

I would also talk to your dr about your fears. I know I have expressed all my fears to my dr and he has been great in seeing me more often to help give me reassurance.
CLS2616 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 27th, 2014, 07:15 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh later losses are SO hard to read about. Any loss is hard to read about, because #1 you've been there, so you know how that person is probably feeling, and it stirs up those feelings in yourself. And #2 it just drives home the fact that we all are already painfully aware of, which is the fragility of life. I don't think there's anything anyone can say that would reassure you, I wish we all had a crystal ball and could see whether or not our babies would be ok! But we just have to wait...and the waiting really, really sucks. Hugs!
..Michelle.. and CLS2616 like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 27th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Loss is hard no matter what, but these later losses really freak me out too and I'm not pregnant right now. Most women don't feel regular movement until around the 20-22 week mark, so this baby might just be a later mover and shaker, or like Melissa said, you have an anterior placenta. My best friend had one and she never felt her baby move that much. I would definitely talk to your doc and let him/her know how you are feeling.
CLS2616 likes this.

January 27th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Just keep breathing.
That's so hard, I'm so sorry for that mama. It's awful to hear about, especially after going through loss yourself.

As horrible as later losses are, they are quite rare. I know that doesn't help exactly, but it's something. And- bear with me- it's entirely out of our control. After 3 losses, I've really begun to free myself of a lot of those kinds of fears. I know how bad it can be- and I made it through- and that doesn't mean I EVER want to go through a loss again- but I know for a fact there's nothing I could do. So, in an odd way, that helps me just release it, and not dwell on it.
CLS2616 likes this.
January 27th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So scary to see the later losses. Definitely freaks me out some to read about them.
January 27th, 2014, 10:50 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
It is so hard to see others go through what you have gone through. It definitely makes me scared for my baby when that happens as well.
CLS2616 likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 27th, 2014, 11:01 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to smsturner
Oh no! 2nd trimester losses are so hard. Poor lady.
I found those really bothered me to read about too.

Like Melissa, I have an anterior placenta, so I didn't feel much until after the 20 week mark. Maybe that's what's going on for you?
Hugs hun.
CLS2616 likes this.

Crazy enough to try all over again for a second together baby! Hoping for a much less wild ride this time!

TTC with PCOS for 5 very long years. Annovulatory cycles. Multiple doctors. Different meds. One horrible loss. And then one wonderful success, born 2/18/14.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26/13
January 27th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm definately going to ask about my placenta at my next appointment. They never mentioned it so I'm not sure. I never got a doppler (i know I should but i just keep thinking anytime now i'll feel the baby!)

I'm glad you all understand.

Next Friday the 7th is my 20 week ultrasound, I'm especially nervous for this appointment because my husband and 2 1/2 year old daughter will be with me. I absolutely cannot lose it with my daughter in the room if there's something wrong. I'm having 2nd thoughts about her being there but I want her to see her baby brother or sister so badly!
January 27th, 2014, 11:42 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Courtney I'm sure that everything will be fine with your little one next Friday.

I do hope that you start feeling baby move regularly. That has helped me. Although I still freak out when I haven't felt him in awhile. I'm sure I drive him nuts poking at my belly to get him to move so I know he's ok in ther.
..Michelle.. and CLS2616 like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 27th, 2014, 12:22 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Second and third trimester losses are so rare. Yes, I know we've had 2 in our DDC but it really is rare. We probably only have 2-4 stillbirths come in a month. (We average 300 births a month) Those are pretty good odds.

I just came to terms that there is nothing I can do. I hope I don't lose my little man but on the very rare chance it happened what can I do?

Try to think of the positives
CLS2616 likes this.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
January 27th, 2014, 03:03 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
losses are so hard and always scary. Hang in there Cort
CLS2616 likes this.

Cautiously expecting Seamonkey #2 Due Oct 4th

Missing our angels:
Molar pregnancy loss (12 weeks) - 1/2013
Missed Miscarriage (10 weeks) - 6/2013
Early Miscarriage (5 weeks) - 12/2016

January 28th, 2014, 12:52 AM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the September 2014 DDC and we've already had 5 women leave due to loss. So sorry that you're further along and seeing a lot of losses as well
CLS2616 likes this.

January 28th, 2014, 09:35 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
As I'm sure you probably know, I lost my 1st baby at 21w3d and he was measuring weeks ahead. It is something nobody should ever have to go through. You would think I am freaking out as I get closer and closer to that time but I'm not. I've finally accept that what is meant to be will be. We have no control over anything when it comes to pregnancy. You just have to hope for the best and think positive thoughts. Stress about the unknown future doesn't do anything to help the current situation.
kaylakay and MelChicago like this.
January 28th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonAngel702 View Post
As I'm sure you probably know, I lost my 1st baby at 21w3d and he was measuring weeks ahead. It is something nobody should ever have to go through. You would think I am freaking out as I get closer and closer to that time but I'm not. I've finally accept that what is meant to be will be. We have no control over anything when it comes to pregnancy. You just have to hope for the best and think positive thoughts. Stress about the unknown future doesn't do anything to help the current situation.
Your so right, it doesn't do anything to help the current situation. I worry about everything in life, always have. I need to figure out a way to push those types of thoughts out of my head.

I am so sorry for your loss
January 29th, 2014, 02:43 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs. It's so hard to read or hear about others losses (it's hard enough to deal with the ones we've been through ourselves). But it doesn't mean that anything is going to happen to you (that's what I tell myself).
As for your 20 week u/s you could have your DD wait in the waiting room with DH (or another family member) until you get good news and then the nurse could bring them in. But even if you decide to leave her home with someone and just go you and DH she'll have lots of chances to see the LO at later u/s's. Just a thought.
..Michelle.. likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search