Braxton Hicks question

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to ask the Dr. about this at my next visit BUT here is my question.

I remember getting the Braxton Hicks with my daughter in the 2nd trimester but I don't remember them this early in the 2nd trimester.

Over the past few weeks I've been feeling what I THINK is BH contractions but not completely sure.

I remember with my daughter the BH contractions were tight feelings in my belly, this isn't really tightening but it comes and goes like the BH contractions did.

It's so hard to explain the feeling but here goes.....It's just really odd feeling in my belly and at the same time I get a heavy type feeling in my chest. No pain but just an odd feeling. I guess the feeling in my belly is kind of a heavy feeling too....

Does anyone feel any strange feelings in their chest when they feel the BH contractions? It's not my heart fluttering or anything just heavy feeling.
January 27th, 2014, 11:41 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I can honestly say, I have no clue. It definitely sounds as if it could be BH contractions. Mine radiate from different places. Mostly from pelvis up, but it can be induced by kicks up top too. I hope your doctor knows more!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 27th, 2014, 11:45 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think I have felt anything in my chest when I get them but I'm sure that we all feel them differently. I definitely started getting them earlier with this pregnancy than with my other 2 boys. I remember at 23 weeks I was getting them so bad that I was convinced that I was going into labor. thankfully after a big glass of water and some rest they went away but I do get them every day and have for weeks.

I'm betting that is what you have going on but yes definitely see what your dr says.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 29th, 2014, 03:10 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully your doctor can ease your mind and has more info for you. I will say I got them earlier this time around also.

January 29th, 2014, 05:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I swear every little feeling I get I freak out a little lol
January 29th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^ I get that way too.

It sounds like it could be BH, but I'm definitely not an expert. I did get them very early in the 2nd trimester, but I didn't realize I was having BH and that's what that feeling was until I was around 24-6 weeks or so.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search