Nesting

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2014, 06:53 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pregnant Ladies: Have you started nesting yet? what have you been doing?

Momma's: Did you nest when you were pregnant? What did you do?

I have never really nested in any of my pregnancies. I am already a neat freak so our house stays pretty clean most of the time but I haven't done any additional cleaning. I have worked up until the end in all of my pregnancies and hope to do that this time so I just seem to be way too tired to do much nesting.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 28th, 2014, 08:37 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am starting to get the urge. Mostly, it is the urge to clean out the room that our guests will be staying in when Dorian arrives. It is kind of our "pile everything up" room from our move, a year ago. It also has all of Dorian's cloth diapers that will need washing and all of my scrapbooking and sewing supplies. I know if I do it myslef, it will take the rest of my pregnancy to get it done. I get too many contractions and hip pain if I do too much.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

January 28th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Just keep breathing.
I don't know. I too like to keep things clean so I don't think any of my cleaning is nest-specific I have been thinking I need to get a move on with preparing the baby's room- we have done NOTHING and it's just 3 months away.
January 28th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't done much yet. I'm getting antsy though! I am only 18 1/2 weeks and am ready to start getting the nursery ready but can't till we find out what we are having. I don't really remember feeling the urge to nest when I was pregnant with my daughter. I do remember I waited till the last minute to clean the closet in her room out... I did it while I was home alone and got stuck on the floor twice because I couldn't get up!
January 29th, 2014, 02:52 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far all of my nesting is the need to get the nursery ready. Which is kind of silly because she'll be sleeping in a bassinet in our room for at least the first couple of months (or that's the plan we'll see how it goes once DH goes back to work after the first month). I think it has a lot to do with the fact that right now there is baby stuff in the living room, dining room, and store room. So I feel like things are cluttered and unorganized and that drives me crazy. So I want to get the nursery done so everything can go where it belongs.
As for actual cleaning, normally I like to keep things really clean. And overall they are still pretty good, but my lack of energy and the fact that DH wants to do most of it himself (to ease my workload) I'll admit things aren't as I'd like. But I've let it go and it doesn't bother me to much (ok the kitchen is bothering me, but it's almost 3 am so I'm not in the mood and I know DH will clean it up in the morning).

January 29th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm ready to get things taken care of. My DH is still wanting to put stuff off, but I want it ready to go! I'm not sure if it's nesting or just my normal way of thinking that I need to start as soon as I can so I don't put it off till last minute.
January 30th, 2014, 02:44 AM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's too darn cold to do anything inside or outside lately. Good thing I'm not further along and in this weather....I think I'd go stir crazy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search