Sadie's birth story and pictures

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2006, 04:34 PM
soontobemommyto3
Monday, July 31st I had been contracting off and on all day. They were low and in the front so I thought it was just another round of false labor.

I started timing around 9:00 pm to see if I should call the OB. They were still very irregular but I was not at all tired so I figured something was up and this was prelabor. I decided to go to bed around 12:15 am and wait them out. At 12:30 am I felt a stronger cramp, and then it felt like her head was really pushing down on me. All of a sudden I felt a huge gush of water. I knew it was my bag of waters so I jumped up out of bed so I wouldn't leak on the mattress. I ran to the bathroom gushing fluid the whole way.

I grabbed a towel and ran back to my husband who had just fallen asleep and told him to get up, we were going to L&D. I was so afraid that she was going to be born in like 15 mins since my water had broken and babies tend to come quick after your first. So I called the OB told him we were leaving for L&D. We got there at 1:10 am. I started contracting regularly as soon as my water broke and they were 2 -3 mins apart and painful.

I got to L&D and told them I go fast and I want an epidural NOW. They checked me in, put in my IV (after blowing out the vein in one hand they got it in the other) and I was asking how long does it take to get the two bags of fluid in? I want the narcotic drugs if it takes too long! She said it would take 15 mins. She checked me at 1:30 am and I was 3 CM. I got the epidural at 2:15 am and she checked me again and I was 3 1/2 - 4 cm. I told her the baby would be born by 4:30 am. She laughed at me.

I didn't get complete coverage with the epidural so he had to come back and give me more. Finally I got complete coverage and it was WONDERFUL!

The Nurse came and checked me at 3:00 am and said I was 6 CM. She told me call her the moment I felt pressure so she could make sure my OB was there in time. I told her I couldn't feel a thing. She came back and checked me at 4:00 am and asked what I was feeling I said nothing and she said Why the heck not? You are complete and the baby is decending! DO NOT cough, laugh or sneeze!!! Do not move! She called the OB and I layed there and waited. He came in at 4:20, suited up, came back they have me push 3 sets of 3 times. I could not feel a thing so I had to believe them that I was pushing. She was born at 4:34 am. 8lbs5oz, 20.5 inches long 10 days early. She is beautiful with a full head of dark brown hair.

I am sore and swollen. They pumped 4000 cc of fluid into me and I only pee'd out 300 cc with the cathedar. I am still retaining fluid! But I am so happy to have my little baby home with me!

Here are some pictures. I won't keep them up long though.

August 3rd, 2006, 04:40 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OOOOHHHH, she is beautiful!!! Enjoy your little one!
Marie

Lucky mother to five!

August 3rd, 2006, 04:57 PM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
congrats
August 3rd, 2006, 05:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
She is absolutely beautiful and perfect - I'm so glad to see pics of her!!!! I'm glad to hear things went relatively fast for you also!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
August 3rd, 2006, 05:30 PM
tdjjjjf's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW Susan. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you!! She is absolute precious!!! Thanks for sharing your story!! Your baby girl is finally in your arms.

Donna
August 3rd, 2006, 07:49 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so awesome Susan! She is adorable and I couldnt be happier for you! Congrats!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
August 3rd, 2006, 09:02 PM
MJONES's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is gorgeous!! Congrats Susan!!

Ethan Hunter, Ava Madison, Achilles Ryan

Sept 2, 2006
August 3rd, 2006, 09:36 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! She is beautiful.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

August 3rd, 2006, 10:45 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a precious little girl, she is so perfect and it sounds like you had a pretty easy labor - lucky you!! Thanks for sharing Susan, take care.

August 4th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Susan....I can honestly say that your birth story brought tears to my eyes, and all the way down my face. After everything that your family has been thru, this just makes me so happy for you!!! Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

August 4th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She is so beautiful!!
August 4th, 2006, 08:32 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Susan, big congrats on your pretty girl! She is adorable!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search