Blood in uterus on us?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had some cramping (fairly heavy cramping) today and I got worried. I called my new dr (who I see for the first time on 2/18) and they said I could come in for an us. I did and we saw baby (first on abdominal us and then on vaginal). The us tech pointed out this weird area outside of the sac and said it was a collection of blood that most likely happened when the baby implanted and it bled. I had never heard of this. She said I could spot because of it or it could just dissolve on it's own. She said it's common and nothing to worry about. I didn't see a dr. They measured the heartbeat. Took pics of the baby and my uterus and ovaries and measured and that's it. Now I am worried. Have you guys heard of blood around the sac? Anyone have experience with this and it not being something horrible? Thank you

February 14th, 2014, 07:48 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have heard of it, I think subchorionic hematoma?
I have known some women with them, and they go on just fine. It doesn't even raise the risk level of your pregnancy.
I do believe that it can cause some spotting, just want to throw that out there so you don't get too upset if you see some!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
February 14th, 2014, 09:21 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Yes. Subchioronic hematoma. I had that with Marsi. It was detected right about this time in her pregnancy and then caused a scary bleed when it resolved itself at 11 weeks. If you bleed, get another ultrasound for peace, but know my 2 year old is just fine and I had that with her.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

February 15th, 2014, 06:54 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How scary, but I think that is what it's called, hematoma. Everyone I've heard having them said they resolved themselves after a few weeks. Keep in touch with your OB for peace of mind.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
February 15th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I have also heard of this. It can cause bleeding but every lady I have known who had it has their sweet babies so other than causing stress, I don't think it is much of an issue.

February 15th, 2014, 09:02 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep I had a small one that caused spotting for several weeks. It was a little nerve-wracking but didn't hurt my little Kody at all. I just took it easy during that time (even though the Doc said I didn't need to change my activities) and everything turned out fine. Our DDC even had a woman who had a HUGE subchorionic hematoma and her baby was born fine too. It was the biggest one her doctor had ever seen. She had a huge bleed, had to get transfused, etc. and yet still, baby was ok. Don't go googling though, because you'll just scare yourself!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 15th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes don't go looking it up - when I was diagnosed with SCH in the early weeks (went in because of spotting) and I looked it up it freaked me out. But my doctor just said to take it easy until my next appointment (which was 2 weeks away) and basically said no sex for those weeks and that they'd check it again to see if it was shrinking or not. It resolved itself and I'm now 31 weeks (tomorrow).

February 16th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Super Mommy
I am so sorry, Danielle That is so scary. I have definitely heard of it though, and by the number of ladies here that are saying they've been through it as well, I am thinking that you're little one and you are going to be just fine. It is just another bump in the road! Try to stay relaxed and just breathe I'll be thinking of you and praying for you that this resolves itself quickly. It sounds like if and when it does resolve itself, there can be even more blood. So if that happens, remember to try not to panic.

February 17th, 2014, 12:00 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
I'm sure everything will be just fine! It does sound like a SCH. I have not had one that I know of but I know plenty of women that have and everything ended up being just fine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search