Getting anxious and impatient!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By MrsHopeful

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Super Mommy
My next appointment is on Friday and I just want it to come already!

Nothing new is really going on, but as I get more excited about this little one, I get more scared that it's going to be ripped away from me.
I feel like I need to see that little heart beat to feel better. I need to get some good news to put my mind at ease.
I'm not having many symptoms and it just scares me to death
I can't wait for Friday to come, but at the same time I am going to be so scared for the u/s.
She didn't tell me what my HCG was from my blood work at 5 weeks. She just said everything looked great. Progesterone was 31 (doesn't that seem really high?), thyroid (which they always worry about with me) was good... I didn't ask about my HCG because I didn't want to worry myself and I know that it doesn't mean much until we see how much or how little it goes up with my next blood work.

Ugh. I don't know. I just hate never knowing what's going on inside there with my little bean.

It doesn't help that I lost my first at 7w2d and Friday will be 7 weeks. So I'm getting close to that date and I'm just so scared I won't even make it.

Come on Friday!! (Although I am on mid-winter break right now and not anxious for it to end, LOL)

February 16th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I hope your next appointment goes perfect and you get some relief from seeing your little specks heartbeat. I felt better after seeing my baby's hb but I think that only lasted maybe 30 seconds before I started stressing about a million other things. Try not to be anxious, but we all know how hard that is. Your dr said everything looks great, which is great, so try to remember that while you're waiting for Friday's appointment. Let us know how it goes. I will be thinking about you and wishing you the best of luck and peace of mind.

February 16th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, come on Friday. I hope this week flies by for you! I know it's hard not to worry and stress, try to find an activity to keep your mind busy. KUP on your appointment.

February 16th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wishing you peace and a fast week. I don't know your thyroid background- so sorry if I'm repeating something you already know! Make sure your dr follows your thyroid levels frequently & regularly. If you're already on medicine for it, (or not) dosing may need to be adjusted a lot in preg. My levels got messed up fast. I was lucky to have a very detailed dr monitoring me!

February 16th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Just keep breathing.
Hang in there! I know how hard it is. Sometimes you just have to keep putting one foot in front of the next and that's all you can focus on. 31 seems great (and just fine/normal for progesterone). I was supplementing progesterone during my first 11/12 weeks, and levels were usually between 29-39 each week. My RE said they'd be 5-10 points lower without the progesterone. (So I'm not sure I needed supplements at all, but was glad to be doing something).
February 16th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you so much, ladies!!
I shouldn't have opened my mouth about not having many symptoms. Apparently my little speck decided to show him or herself today. Earlier I felt very faint and I've had nausea off and on all day. Woohoo!..lol. By the way, is it ok to drink Gatorade?

I myself have never actually been diagnosed with a thyroid issue, but all of the women on my mom's side of the family (including my mom and my sister) have issues with it, whether hyper or hypo, and are medicated. I have been tested previously. Once specifically because I was having heart palpitations. I was apparently borderline on that test but not enough to be diagnosed with anything. They decided the palpitations were probably just due to anxiety (I also had some tests done on my heart). So it's just something I always keep an eye on. Although, I have heard as well that the thyroid is one of those things that one Dr. will say it's a perfect level, and if you ask another they will completely disagree. I will definitely request that they watch it closely throughout this pregnancy. Thanks for the advice!

Another thing I am a little worried about is my glucose level. I have had problems in the past with my sugar dropping ONLY in certain situations. It hasn't happened in quite awhile though. But today was the second time since I found out I was pregnant, and it's never just happened randomly while sitting at home like these two times. My vision gets blurry/spotty...I get dizzy and sick feeling..The first time I drank orange juice immediately and it went away after some time. This time, I didn't have any orange juice. I tried eating some crackers and it didn't improve. So eventually I ate some M&Ms and it finally got better. That's why I am thinking it's something with my sugar. Now I've just been nauseous off and on. I will definitely be talking to my doctor about it on Friday. Is this something common in early pregnancy? :/
I know eating small meals frequently would probably help but it's so hard when you don't feel like eating. And once it starts, I pretty much want to vomit just looking at food..
I don't know how I am going to do the glucose test that checks for gestational diabetes. I can't go even one hour without eating something small!

Mel, what were you using to supplement your progesterone? I was using the cream, prior and during to when it was tested. My doctor told me to stop using it before I even got my results because she didn't think it was doing anything. She hadn't even heard of progesterone cream..which I thought was odd. I cut it down to half, and then when I got my results I stopped using it because I figured my levels were higher than they needed to be anyway. Hopefully that was an ok call to make.

Last edited by MrsHopeful; February 16th, 2014 at 02:28 PM.
February 16th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Just keep breathing.
I was using Prometrium (or the generic) vaginal suppositories. If your levels 31 and not using anything, I think your body is doing its job very well!

I too had occasional blood sugar drops in the first trimester. I don't necessarily think it means you necessarily have a blood sugar problem per se- it's just one of those things that happens when you're not eating enough and your body is working extra hard to grow a little one It's so hard when you don't feel hungry. But foods with more protein or complex carbs will help your body keep blood sugar levels steady. I just had my glucose test a few weeks ago, and it was fine. By 14-15 weeks I was eating normally again. Though I still do notice that if I haven't eaten enough/in awhile, I'll suddenly be RAVENOUS out of nowhere. There's no mild hunger- it's either nothing or STARVING
February 16th, 2014, 05:50 PM
I have no idea about the Gatorade as I can't stand the stuff, tastes awful to me. But if you want to get your sugar up (if it's low) try milk and peanut butter on crackers. The problem my doctor and the L&D nurses say with OJ and candy is while yes it will bring it up quickly, it will also go right back down quickly (I found that out the hard way myself). This early on they wouldn't test you with the 1 or 3 hour test unless you've had past GD issues. But you can go buy a meter and if you feel like your sugar is low test yourself to see if it's low blood sugar or just a symptom of pregnancy.

February 16th, 2014, 07:38 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I hope your week passes by quickly. I hate how some weeks drag on forever. Gatorade is fine if your sugars are fine. It got me through major sic times with both babies. I have thyroid issues and got checked every month the first trimester and now every 2 months. I will continue testing for several months PP as well because the issues started after dd was norm.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

February 18th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you!! I'm glad to hear the gatorade is alright because I can't eat or drink much these days, lol. I've been sipping on Vernors, too. Trying to keep the caffeine down but I can't do the plain ginger. Are people crazy..suggesting sticking plain ginger in your mouth to suck on when you already feel like vomiting? lol

I hope both of our numbers stay good for us! You are getting so close How exciting!!

edit: I just remembered I think Vernors is an only in Michigan thing..lol. It is a ginger ale... If you are in Michigan and tell someone your stomach doesn't feel good, the response you will get from anyone would be to drink a Vernors, lol.

Last edited by MrsHopeful; February 18th, 2014 at 06:53 PM.
February 18th, 2014, 07:29 PM
I've seen Vernor's in the store, haven't bought it, but I've seen it out here in California.
MrsHopeful likes this.

February 19th, 2014, 02:38 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Good luck to you! I hope everything will be just perfect at your u/s on Friday! Only 2 days away now!
February 19th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Super Mommy
Therese, apparently it was just invented in Detroit and is made here still I didn't know it was available other places! I guess Michigan makes up 80% of the sales. It really does help an upset tummy, and it's pretty yummy, too!

Moon Angel, thank you SO much! Yes, 2 more days!! Now I am getting super scared. Trying to stay positive though!
Boos Moo likes this.

February 19th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Keep thinking positive thoughts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search