Severe Abdominal Pain?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lelila

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2014, 07:28 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone getting severe abdominal pain located on just one side? I think it's the baby trying to move, but I'm not sure. The pain is awful and feels muscular in nature and there is a hard lump on the right side of my abdomen where the pain is located, it's too small to be a head, but it's definitely baby, because as it moved up the side up my belly, so did the pain.

It went away for about an hour and then came back when I was getting DS to bed.

Anyone else experience something like this?

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
February 18th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Just keep breathing.
I haven't personally, but I feel like I recently heard someone talking/writing about this, and it was indeed baby turning around. Come on baby! Be sweet to mama!
February 18th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get pain when she rolls her head or butt along, but it's not severe. But if it moved with baby I'd probably say baby also. Also when my LO stretches out her legs (I'm assuming) I'll get pain on both sides or top/bottom depending on which way she's facing. And DH always says the same thing to her 'be sweet to mamma'.

February 18th, 2014, 09:26 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw Therese, your DH is a nice guy.
I seem to remember someone else talking about a terrible bad pain too, maybe Rachel or Amy (back when she was pregnant)? I can't remember, but I remember someone saying they were in terrible excruciating pain that made them want to throw up but then baby turned a different way and the pain totally went away. So I suppose some pain, especially if baby is transverse----laying sideways---then yeah, it could hurt a lot!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 19th, 2014, 03:36 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Eeeek! That sounds really painful! I hope the pain is better now! (((Hugs)))
February 19th, 2014, 04:24 PM
I looked up alot on this yesterday and today and I think it's just the baby pushing against the muscles on the side of my belly. I haven't a clue if he's traverse or not. I got his HB on the doppler this morning and it was low near my C-sec scar, I'm not sure if that means he's facing down or up. I'm a little sore from hours of him pushing on that one side and the last few hours he's been pushing with some part of his body on my bladder, cervix and colon so hard that I'm extremely uncomfortable and going to the restroom brings tears to my eyes.

I really wish I could see what's going on in there. I have an appt on Friday. Hopefully after giving the OB an update on all this, she'll take a peak to see the status of things.

I hope all you ladies are having a better time!
Boos Moo likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40

February 19th, 2014, 05:47 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor thing! That's got to be painful!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 19th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you find a way to move baby into a less painful position.

February 20th, 2014, 06:54 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Yes, when Dorian was still transverse it was incredibly painful. He should be in proper position now and big enough to start causing pain again. It really hurts when he moves across my belly and it is mostly on the right side. I hope your bub treats you well until born.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

February 20th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Thankfully the pain has subsided from that right side - it must have been just the baby pushing on the muscles. But now he has moved and is pushing so hard on my cervix, I have constant throbbing and pain. I couldn't tell you if it's a head, foot or a jackhammer down there, honestly, but whatever it is, it's painful and sometimes the pain spreads throughout the entire pelvic region - bladder, cervix and colon - so maybe he's lying with his back against all that stuff?

I don't mean to complain. I am so happy to be this far along. Its hard not having a looking glass into what's going on in there.

Wife to Big Bull 40

February 20th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Oh boy you ARE getting close to the end! Complain all you want. Sometimes I swear it felt like Toren had mini Freddy Krueger nails and was clawing at my cervix. There were also times it felt like a rock was scraping against my pelvis and there was so much pressure it felt like my water or SOMETHING was eventually going to give out and break. Boys like to toughen their mommies up I suppose.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search