My Aunt *update in OP

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By MelChicago

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So maybe a week and a half or two weeks ago I called my aunt, no answer so I left a message. She's usually good about getting back and I forgot about it for a few days. When I realized she hadn't called back I wanted to call again, but it was late every time I thought about if for a couple of days. So tried her again about 4 or 5 days ago, left another message, still no return. Well that usually means she's in the hospital or nursing care facility after the hospital if she's already been released. She's in her 80's now. So I called her living center (she's lives in a senior retirement place, basically apartments with meals prepared in the dining room, and they clean once a week for you), and they said she's been in the hospital for a little over a week, but didn't know which one. The second hospital I tried was the right one. I spoke with her for a couple of minutes, but she had a doctor in the room and said she'd call me back (that was 5 hours ago, so I'll try her tomorrow). So I don't know all the information except she has abdominal pain and a growth on her kidney. They don't know what the growth is she says unless they do surgery, which because of her age either she doesn't want, or they won't do (not clear on that part). Because of what happened on the long car trip last week I don't want to risk driving out to see her (she's 2 hours away). So long story short, please keep my aunt Dovie in your T&Ps.

*So when I talked to my aunt yesterday she said she should be released from the hospital on Tuesday sometime, if she was doing well enough. She won't be able to go home though as she'll be unable to care well enough for herself. So she has to go back to a place she's been before, its a nursing/rehabilitation place. Then it's a wait and see how long she'll be in there.

Last edited by Boos Moo; February 25th, 2014 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Updating.
February 18th, 2014, 09:36 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry to hear your special aunt is not doing so well. Sending prayers for angels to surround her hospital bed. I pray that she will not be afraid and be at peace with whatever the doctors say. I know you would like to be with her, but know she is well taken care of. God will not leave her nor forsake her.
Ame C and Boos Moo like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 19th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Just keep breathing.
I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt! Sending love and good thoughts to her, you and your family.
Boos Moo likes this.
February 19th, 2014, 08:57 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Therese, I'm so sorry you are unable to go and see her! I know only too well how tough it is! Keep calling her and get all the time you can on the phone with her. She needs it as much as you do. I hope she gets well and you can see her again soon. Have her listen to the doppler over the phone!

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
February 19th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
She is in my prayers! xxx
February 19th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She is in my T&Ps!

February 19th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm going to wait until this afternoon to try her back since it seems mornings are when they like to run tests, have the doctors visit, etc. I have a friend up in her area that will go visit for me (once she is over her cold). I've been having more contractions today than the last few, so I know DH will veto a trip of that distance until after baby is born. I will keep you posted when I find out more. I'm hoping at least one of my brothers who are a little closer can get up to visit with her.

February 19th, 2014, 02:15 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry your Aunt is not doing well I will keep her in my thoughts.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

February 19th, 2014, 03:34 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Keeping your aunt in my thoughts and prayers! I hope she will be just fine
February 19th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Thanks so much. I ended up being gone all afternoon so didn't get a chance to call her, and she hasn't called back. Going to try in the morning again and hopefully she'll have more info.

February 20th, 2014, 02:16 PM
So apparently my aunt doesn't keep phone numbers in her cell phone and couldn't call me back. I talked to her this morning and she says she's feeling some better, but still really weak. They'll keep her until sometime next week if she progresses well enough, and then treat the growth with medication as best they can. She did tell me that she's lived a good life and 83 years is good enough for her. I think she's really tired.

February 20th, 2014, 04:33 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh that is SO hard to hear. My Aunt said the same thing to me last Nov. She said she doesn't want to be in pain anymore and wanted to be with her husband and son.

I'm so sorry your Aunt feels that way. Perhaps when the medication has taken effect and she is feeling a bit better she will see things differently. Keep calling and talking to her about all the wonderful things going on - hopefully she will want to participate.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
February 20th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
That's so sad to hear but I can also see from your aunt's point of view. I don't know what to say except ((big hugs)) xXxXx
February 20th, 2014, 05:47 PM
I don't know what to do other than call her. She's not that far, 2 hours. But after the last 2 hour trip I know DH won't want me going, and I'm not sure he'd want to go by himself and be so far away from me in case something came up. She does have a sister who lives out that way, but she's blind and can't drive. I know her son lives out that way also, but I also know he's been very sick as well (he had cancer and lost part of his jaw and his tongue). I'm hoping my 2 brothers who live about an hour or so away from her can get up to see her soon. Thanks for the T&P

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search