Little Update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2014, 05:53 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well DH goes back to work tonight, so one of my 'sisters' is coming with her 2 girls to spend the night and make dinner for me and the kids tonight. This is the sister who lives 2 hours away. Then my 'sister' and other mother (she's known me since I was born) are coming on Friday to be with us. After much thought I decided I had to tell my aunt in person and talked it over with DH. He agreed and told me if I felt up to the long drive (it's 2 hours away) that we'd go on his day off (which I don't remember if it's Tues or Wed). I do need to call her today to make sure she got into the nursing/rehab home, and I'm hoping she doesn't ask about my brothers. I'm going to keep the call as short as possible.
My sleep is more off than it has been which caused me a low blood sugar on Friday, but yesterday I managed my insulin/sugars pretty well. My NST on Friday went well, blood pressure was good the whole time, baby was active and looked great. I go for my next NST on Tuesday.
Anyway that's what's up with me, and I hope you're all doing well.

March 2nd, 2014, 06:19 AM
Just keep breathing.
Sending hugs and support, Therese. I'm glad you have loved ones with you, and that baby is doing well. It's such a hard time.
March 2nd, 2014, 07:48 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((HUGS)))) to you Therese. Try to get rest when you can. I hope the coming weeks give you some peace. Keep us posted.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 2nd, 2014, 08:18 AM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
hugs xxx
Sending my thoughts and prayers!
March 2nd, 2014, 09:20 AM
Super Mommy
I am so very sorry for everything you are going through. I am glad to hear that you have support from family members. Take care of yourself, and I just want to let you know you are in my t & p.

March 2nd, 2014, 09:29 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you have people with you right now, but you must still be hurting so much inside. Sending hugs and prayers. I hope everything goes as well as it can when you have to break the news to your aunt.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 3rd, 2014, 01:19 AM
Thanks everyone. Sleeping tonight is not going well, but it's because of the darn acid reflux and I swear baby girl has pushed my stomach up into my throat almost. Tums aren't helping, need to find something that will help more (besides having my stomach have more room).

March 3rd, 2014, 06:43 AM
You can get Zantac over the counter, it was very helpful for me. Your OB can prescribe it too, so that your ins covers it. I was using something like 15 Tums a day with Kody until I talked to my doc, and then she had me do 150mg twice a day of Zantac and that totally took care of it.
Boos Moo likes this.

March 3rd, 2014, 07:27 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sending lots of hugs and prayers. I hope you can get some sleep.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 3rd, 2014, 11:27 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
big hugs to you. I hope your trip to see your Aunt goes alright. I am thinking of you

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

March 3rd, 2014, 05:38 PM
Thanks. I'll try the zantac, I might still have some from before but I wanted to check with my doctor to make sure it's ok (but haven't found the time today). My brother and I are making progress with arrangements. My one 'sister' went home this afternoon, and the other one and 'mom' are coming on Friday. I asked DH to ask for the weekend off so we can go up to see my brother while they are here.

March 4th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been thinking about you. I hope your DH can get the weekend off for you.
March 4th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Well I had some pepcid instead of the zantac, and it seemed to work as I had no reflux issues last night and got some pretty good, much needed sleep. Turns out my 'sister and mom' are staying for the whole week (if mom can handle it, she's in her 70's or 80's). So I told DH to just see about getting off the 15th for my brothers memorial service, and my older brother is going to drive out here to visit with them on Saturday so mom doesn't have to sit through the car ride after making such a long trip. I'm nervous about going to see my aunt tomorrow, and saddened that she doesn't know yet. But at the same time I'm glad she hasn't been in sorrow these past 5 days. Thanks for the T&P.

March 4th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
(((Hugs))) to you and your family.
March 6th, 2014, 03:59 AM
Well yesterday, as expected, was a long day. On our way out of town I had an envelope from some of my family in Alabama to pick up (they won't be able to make the memorial). Then we needed to stop by the VFW Hall near the cemetery to see about using it next week for the memorial. It's not great, but it will suit us for what we need so DH goes back tomorrow to put down the deposit. Then it was off to my 'sister's' house (she lives about 15 minutes from where my aunt is) to drop off DD so we didn't have to take her to my aunt's. We stopped for lunch and bathroom break along the way. After dropping DD at my sister's we headed off to check the last known address of my brother's ex-wife (she lives about 5 mins from where my aunt is). Surprisingly she still lives there and was home. So I had to break the news to her (they had a son together). She broke down in tears and really didn't take it well. She's had a lot going on in her life as well, and now has to tell their son about his dad. After comforting her for a bit it was off to tell my aunt. I hadn't called my aunt this week because I was worried she'd ask me how the boys are and I wanted to tell her in person. So she was surprised to see us, and we were pretty surprised at how much weight shes lost since we saw her in December. She took it better than I was worried about (I was worried she'd have some sort of medical emergency after hearing), but still hard. And the poor dear I believe was pretty medicated because she seemed to fall asleep on us twice while there (and we didn't end up staying long, maybe 30 mins because we wanted her to get her rest). She made a comment about how she hoped she'd be strong enough to go to the memorial, but DH and I know that is just a dream for her. She wasn't strong enough before she went in the hospital. Then it was back to pick DD up and update my friend on our visits. After about 1/2 an hour we headed out to get back home, and DH says before we even left town I was asleep. It's a 2 hour (little over) drive and I probably slept the first hour, maybe a little more. We stopped for dinner so that my sugar levels wouldn't go to low and if we waited until we got home we'd have to cook something, and I think we were just ready for something easy. My older brother and I think we have the big stuff worked out. My little brother will be buried on Thursday and we're having the memorial on Saturday (the VFW is a few miles from the cemetery so people can go visit the gravesite after if they'd like). My brother and I want something where friends/family can just get together share stories, pictures, eat, etc without it being a service. I know some family can make it in from out of state, but most will not be able to. So that's the latest update. My other 'sister' and 'mom' come into town on Friday from Oregon to stay the week, and it has DH slightly worried it might be to much for me. I do have a BF class tonight (I need all the help I can get since I've never had great success in the past) and my next NST tomorrow.

March 6th, 2014, 05:47 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow Therese, that is so much for you to deal with. I'm glad that part is over and I hope the stress isn't too much for you. Try to get some rest in between everything. Thinking of you my friend.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 6th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Just keep breathing.
What a long, grueling day. I'm so sorry, Therese. It is so much to deal with. I'm glad you have loved ones around you, and I hope you can rest as much as you can.
March 6th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Hugs Therese! Sounds exhausting. I'm glad your aunt knows now, and your brother's ex-wife. That must have been so hard though. I hope you can catch up on your rest now.

March 6th, 2014, 07:09 PM
I did get a nap in today, and slept a good part of last night. But tonight was supposed to be my BF class (I wanted to take it because I've never been successful in the past). I go all the way down to where it was supposed to be (30 min drive), and walk in to find it's the wrong class. The class tonight was basic baby care (which I did years ago with my son). So whoever scheduled me put me in the wrong class, ugh! So of course it's at 5:30 during rush hour, so the traffic coming home was horrid, took 15 mins longer, and I was already upset about wasting my time. Then I was bad and decided I wanted an ice cream cone (mini size, but darn it if I wasn't getting something out of this dang trip). So I cheated on my food, but I did bring home ice cream for DD and DH.

March 6th, 2014, 07:19 PM
What a huge disappiontment! Even when you're not pregnant, it's a bummer when something you planned doesn't work out, but when you're as far along as you are, having to muster up the energy for something like that can be tough, and then to have it not happen---waste of time. I'm glad you at least got something yummy.
Boos Moo likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search