I can't believe...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By Schofield06
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By MoonAngel702

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Toren once had a closet packed full of clothes to the point where you couldn't squeeze much more in there. Today when he was taking a nap I packed away the rest of the size 3 month clothes because I can't stuff him in those anymore - He's too tall. Now his closet it pretty empty... I have 4 long footed pjs in size 6m, 3-4 onesies, 1 jeans, 2 shorts, 1 jacket, 4 size 0-9m sleep sacks that he will soon be outgrowing (maybe another week or 2), and 2 knee-high onesies. There are maybe 10 things or less in sizes 9m-12m in the closet. What I'm saying is 1. I need to go shopping and 2. He needs to slow down on the growing department for a few months! If I would have known he would be in 6m clothing already I wouldn't have bought tons and tons of size 3m. It went so fast! I know now not to buy more than a few outfits and pjs in any certain size. At least until he can wear them longer than a month.

Another thing I can't believe is, my family is throwing me a baby shower for Toren next week. I know, weird right? But nice! I guess it was supposed to be a surprise but my mom told me about it today to make sure I was free on the 14th. I immediately told her no gifts (I have so much, besides clothes that fit him lol). She said people are already planning on bringing a few little things. So I was thinking... I don't think people will know to buy 6m or larger clothing for a 2 month old if they were planning to get him clothes...
If I get stuff that is too small, how should I tell them? I mean I don't want to be rude or seem like I'm asking for them to make it right. I just assume if I know he can't wear it I could at least give it back to them so they could get their money back. But how do I say that? I feel like I need to sugar coat everything but it's hard for me to tell if it's nice enough or not... lol
Faith=2xBlessed likes this.
March 7th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe you could ask your mom to let people know he needs a bigger size before hand? Other than that I would probably just hope they give you a gift receipt. I'm not much good at these things... lol
Ame C likes this.
March 7th, 2014, 06:39 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think ask your mom to tell people 6-9 mo or larger. #2, is if you do get some things that are the wrong size, when you open it, see if there is a gift receipt (some people are smart and do that). If not, then I would just ask whoever gave it to you where they got it because you'll need to exchange it for a bigger size. Often you can just take it back to any store that carries that line, if they also carry that specific style. So long as you are doing a straight across exchange, and the tags are still on it, it shouldn't be a problem. I know this because I had to do that with a couple of Kody's things. Usually most friends will be eager to please, and might even say at the party "I hope it fits him ok." That's your cue to say, "Well actually, he just grew out of this size. Could I exchange it for a bigger one? It's sooo cute and I'd love for him to be able to wear it!" Something like that.
Ame C likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 7th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Thank you Joy, you're great
I did mention the size to my mom, but didn't ask her to pass the info along. I will talk to her about it tomorrow. That way hopefully the message gets around to everyone. She might have already thought to tell people but I kinda doubt it.
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 7th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm scared of how fast the time will fly by as well! I have so much clothing for 3 mos size and one day I'll probably ly be making the same post as you did! Give him some extra squeezes tonight!
Ame C likes this.

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
March 8th, 2014, 04:11 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes I remember the growing so fast. My DD never fit in one size to long, she's just now reaching that point (and now she's in junior sizes). I never had problems taking things back (with the tags still on) and doing a straight exchange, or at least straight amount exchange since sometimes the store wouldn't have the same outfit in the bigger size. But yea I'd let your mom know to spread the word. DD was always months ahead of her size because she's so tall.

March 8th, 2014, 05:57 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ame, that is wonderful about the shower! What a boon for you and Toren. Hopefully that will help you out in the 6 mos + clothing department.It's a little heartbreaking how fast they grow. Enjoy each day!

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 8th, 2014, 01:25 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Wow!! I can't believe he is getting so big so fast and has already outgrown a lot of his clothes. I also can't believe he is over 2 months old now! Where does the time go?! I think it's great your family is throwing a shower! How sweet! Hopefully your mom can pass the word along that Toren needs bigger clothes or maybe you can exchange them if you get sizes that are too small? It's the 14th of this month? Make sure you update us with all the cute things you get from the shower!
Ame C likes this.
March 9th, 2014, 05:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Dont worry ame! I was surprised I received mostly 6 month clothes at my shower (before My little T came). I think many people whom have had kids buy 6m + for gifts. I looked at that big clothes and thought, wow he'll never be "that" big! I'm sad they grow so fast too! Tip: I stopped putting any of his clothes in the dryer. Even though I was putting it on low, I feel that hang dry is really extending the life of everything- pants, footed, even onesies! So I only put his linens in the dryer now!

March 9th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh and also get some of those snap extenders. Those will make him able to wear his onesies longer.

March 9th, 2014, 06:52 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe that Toren is growing so fast. it makes me sad how fast little newborns grow. Christian is just about too big for his newborn clothes so we are almost ready for his 3 month clothes and he's only 3 weeks old. He is really long also.Joy gave you great advise. Have your mom tell them and hopefully most people will include a gift receipt so you can return it if it is the wrong size. That's great that your family is throwing you a shower. I hope you get lots of great stuff. Please let us know how the shower goes.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search