Baby Shower!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lelila

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2014, 09:35 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A dear friend of mine was terribly sick and we were afraid she wouldn't be able to throw the shower for me this past weekend, but she recovered and gave me a beautiful shower.

Many friends and Dh's family came and I received so many beautiful things. My favorite is a hand made quilt from DH's aunt. Simply stunning.

My parents did not come, they are near 80 yrs old and live almost 3 hours away so traveling is tough for them. My mom is a little silly these days (early dementia?) and says and does odd things. She hand knitted burp cloths and mailed them to me for the shower. I didn't know what to say when I opened them. I called her later in the day to thank her and she said "I had a half a ball of yarn left so I made Dish Cloths!" she was so proud of the fact. I'm not sure if they are dish cloths now or burp cloths. Either way, they are interesting to look at.

None of my siblings or relatives came or even sent a gift. A little disappointing but not wholly unexpected. My eldest brother's ex wife and my niece came, and I was touched that they made a 2 hour drive. That meant alot.

I have alot of things now for the baby and feel blessed with so many generous friends and family. Now the daunting task for putting it away and setting up the room for baby and finding out what we still need.
Schofield06 likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 10th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Just keep breathing.
I'm so glad you had a lovely day! Even with a few odd or disappointing moments, it's clear that baby has a lot of love and support waiting for him
March 10th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a lovely shower. So glad that it as able to happen.

March 10th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
That's great Leia! I'm sorry a lot of your family didn't go, but other than that it sounds like it was a nice time.
March 10th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad it was all able to come together!it is disappointing when your family doesn't come through but I'm glad everyone else did.

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
March 10th, 2014, 09:36 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear you got a nice shower! Do you feel like posting a pic of the quilt? I'd love to see it. Funny about the burp cloths. If they are made of 100% cotton yarn, then you might find them useful. Probably not as burp cloths though, because I've found that yarn doesn't absorb spills instantly, which sucks because liquids usually run down them a bit before soaking in. But, they are handy for many things. I keep a drawer of the cotton dish cloths that I use in addition to dish towels, for stuff like getting them wet and cleaning the baby's face, or Ethan's hands/face, wiping off the table, countertops, in a pinch instead of paper towels for cleaning the bathroom, scrubbing up spots in the carpet, etc etc. They're handy for coasters and the like, too. Anywho...just some ideas. Sorry your family didn't come. That was nice of your brother's ex to come though. Very sweet.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 11th, 2014, 02:00 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I'm so glad it turned out so well and that your friend felt well enough to make it happen. You deserve it. Yes, please post a pic of the quilt and burp/dish clothes!

March 11th, 2014, 10:07 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Yay for a great shower! I'm so happy to hear that! And glad your friend started feeling better to host it as well! Any pics you are wanting to share with us?
March 11th, 2014, 10:17 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
That sounds like a great shower!!!! I love baby loot! Haha

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search