Maternity clothes and weather

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By momology

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2014, 06:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a couple really beautiful days in a row here, Monday it was 77 and yesterday it was 79!!! Spring Fever for me for sure. Today it's only going to be about 40 Anyways, the past two days made me realize I need some summer clothes! I really dislike how expensive maternity clothes are, especially when I won't even be wearing them ALL season. On facebook there's some swap and sell sites in my area, I posted In Search Of and have had some replies, hoping I can get a few things to hold me over until baby is here and I lose a few lbs!!

I am sooooo anxious for spring and warm weather to get here. I feel like once the warm weather gets here it'll make it seem like it's so much closer to gettng to hold my baby girl

Last night was the cutest little thing, my daughter ran into my belly giving me a hug, she immediately backs away and kinda pats my belly and says oh no i squashed my baby sister! LOL cracks me up.
EverydayJoy, Ame C and Schofield06 like this.
March 12th, 2014, 01:05 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL. Your daughter is so cute.I hate how expensive maternity clothes are also. I thankfully saved mine from my other pregnancies so I didn't have to buy much this last pregnancy. Hopefully you can get some on a swap. I got some great used clothes from ebay also so you might check there.
cortln likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 12th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Just keep breathing.
I've bought some on eBay, too. I was pretty lucky in the fall, since the fashion was big boxy shirts and sweaters- I got 3-4 sweaters at Old Navy that were non-maternity and have managed to keep up with my bump The few things I've bought for spring are "during and after" tops that are also for nursing. I think most of my spring outfits will involve nursing tanks and cardigans that I already have.You must be in downstate IL- I'm in Chicago and it's 25 degrees here, with 6 inches of snow. I'm a bit jealous of 40!
cortln likes this.
March 13th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mel, yes, I am in the St. Louis area. I'm in IL but work in St. Louis. I need to run to Old Navy this weekend and see what I can find there. I really want some yoga type pants/capri's because they are so comfy and just some maternity cute t shirt type tops for the spring and right after I have the baby. I have some maternity clothes from my pregnancy with my daughter but I had her in March so all of my bump clothes were winter stuff! I'm looking forward to a June baby this time around
March 13th, 2014, 08:26 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww your daughter is adorable I am lucky I havent really bought much yet in hopes that I can buy all summer clothes. I only bought 2 sweaters and a pair of jeans. The rest of the stuff I have I can wear in the summer too. I got it all pretty cheap at Old Navy and at Macys One Day Sale.
cortln likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

March 13th, 2014, 10:16 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Your daughter sounds like she is SO cute! Awwww! I bet she is so excited for her baby sister. Sorry that you are going to have to be buying more clothes. I lucked out. My sister gave me all of her maternity clothes (TONS) and she has a lot of things that are still in great condition. I also have some spring/summer clothes from Cade's pregnancy 2 years ago. So I'm able to wear that as well. I LOVE old navy. That's where I got most of my stuff for a good price. Ross is good too, usually! Good luck I hope you find some stuff for a reasonable price!
March 13th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw cute little DD. I've been mostly wearing the yoga pants I've gotten from Target (the only place I can find the ones I like). And when I do wear regular maternity pants I have one pair that I got from Target, but most of my stuff I picked up at Goodwill (ours is nice, but I've heard some aren't). It's all either like new, or some is new with the tags still one and much less (like $3-$4 for pants and $2-$7 for shirts). So a lot of my maternity stuff is Motherhood type stuff, but lately I've been living in my yoga pants. And if my belly grows any more I might need another couple of shirts!

March 13th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maternity clothes are stupid expensive. I've been pretty lucky though that my SIL lent me a lot of her clothes. She's had 3 kids so she has quite a bit of stuff. I had a few shirts and pants before that, and just kind of made do with what I had and looked for good sales.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search