Breakdown at Dr

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MelChicago

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Just keep breathing.
So, I had a 30 week checkup on Tuesday- everything was fine. Except it was with my new OB. My regular OB was recently "downsized" which sucked- no reason, just that the hospital wanted to make the department smaller and she's been there the longest and is highest paid. I did get about a month notice and had 2 appts with her before she left. But still.

I REALLY loved my former OB- she'd been my doctor for almost 10 years, supported me through 3 miscarriages, and aside from the first trimester with the RE, all of this pregnancy. And with everything that's gone on the last month- my mom's surgery, finding out my cat is in stage 3 kidney failure, stress at work, etc. I just lost it.

I started crying the moment I walked into the office. Was crying while providing a urine sample. Crying while they took my blood pressure. Tears streaming down my face while talking with the new OB>

I felt kind of crazy. But it honestly felt good just to let it out. Thankfully the new OB and all the nurses were very sweet and sympathetic.
March 12th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Awww sweetie! You poor thing *BIG hugs!!* xxx
I'm glad everyone was nice to you. I hope they continue to be pleasant.
March 12th, 2014, 07:58 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear that you had to say goodbye to your OB. That really sucks that you're having to get to know someone new when you have had one that you loved so well. I was really scared when I had to find a new OB after having such a good birth experience with my first up in Alaska. But it all worked out great. I hope this OB is a great support for you as well. Hugs!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 12th, 2014, 09:00 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I bawled my eyes out when I moved away from Marsi's pediatrician. I mean just like you are describing. It is so hard to have sudden change especially with an awesome support person leaving.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 12th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh hugs. I can't imagine how I'd miss someone who took care of me through so much. I was sad to see my high risk doctor go after only a few months, much less years. I hope the new doctor is just as good.

March 13th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry Mel! Hugs

March 13th, 2014, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
awww That sucks, they shouldn't do that sort of thing to us hormonal pregnant women. lol I wish you could have stayed with your former OB. Glad the appointment went good otherwise though! Your getting so close! Almost in the single digit weeks!!!!
March 13th, 2014, 06:28 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry. I don't blame you for breaking down. I know our dr's become so close to us especially when you have to go through losses. I hope you can become to really like your new dr.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 13th, 2014, 07:27 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would do the same thing I am very attached to my OB. I am so sorry you have to go through that. I say cry it out all you need to!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

March 13th, 2014, 09:08 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
I'm so sorry Mel! That's really crappy that your OB left I can't even imagine and I'm sure I would be very upset as well. But I am glad that the nurses and the new OB were being nice and supportive. That's a great thing! It's definitely a good thing to let those emotions out! Hopefully you will feel better about the situation soon. Big (((HUGS)))
March 13th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Just keep breathing.
Thank you all for the sympathy I am still getting a kick out of how I was crying while peeing. Quite the release.
Schofield06 and Boos Moo like this.
March 13th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry switching Dr's is so hard for you! I can't imagine having to go to another Dr. I'd be a mess too. It always feels good to let the emotions out. glad you were able to and that your new Dr and nurses were so supportive. I know how you feel about the crying. I end up laughing because I'm crying about things half the time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search