I'm on day 4...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2014, 09:07 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
...of not taking any antidepressants. I recently got clued in to homeopathics, and was able to find a remedy that was a match for my symptoms. I was able to go cold turkey on my meds, which I normally wouldn't recommend of course but it's been working out great. Paxil is one of the two I'm on (Wellbutrin is the other), and normally that one's supposed to be a bear to get off of...you're supposed to slowly wean over a couple months when you do it. Either I've been lucky or the homeopathics are helping, but either way, I've felt better the last few days than I normally even did while on the antidepressants, which were themselves a vast improvement on how I felt without anything. I've been getting out in the sunshine and just enjoying life again. I think my sex drive may be making a comeback, too...shh!
I have had a few withdrawal symptoms, like occasional headache, feeling fuzzy in the head, and a little dizzy from time to time. From what I understand that's pretty mild compared to what it could be. So I'm just thankful I don't have to keep taking the meds. Today I've been pretty tired because Kody slept fitfully and Ethan was awake at 3:30 am and never went back to sleep. However, I still feel pretty ok so I'm just chalking it up to poor sleeping.

Anyway, just excited that it's working! Hope it keeps working, and I can feel good again.

On a side note, I think Kody has an ear infection, and I am tired of doing antibiotics, so I'm going the garlic oil route. I added clove powder to the oil because I read it is a natural painkiller. People use it for teething babies and toothaches, so I figured it couldn't hurt to put some in the ear. I also have numbing ear drops from the pharmacy if it seems like that isn't working. I did read that ear infections usually get better in a couple days generally with kids whether you do antibiotics or not. But I don't want to wait for that so I'm going to try this first.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 12th, 2014, 10:03 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am glad that you are feeling well. I have to get back on mine soon because of major PPD and I am terrified of going through that again. I hope everything continues to work well for you!!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 12th, 2014, 10:40 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad you're feeling better. I hope Kody feels better soon also.

March 13th, 2014, 07:25 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's great that the homeopathics seems to be working for you. I hope it continues to work and you can stay off the other meds. Sorry about the ear infection. Let us know if you can clear it up without antibiotics. I'm curious about that. My kids get them sometimes and I hate how quickly dr's put kids on antibiotics.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 13th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better. I had a several years long battle with depression and anxiety and I used to be medicated to the gills. It took a lot of counselling but eventually I was able to learn proper coping skills and be able to be med free. (My situation was more due to circumstance than chemical imbalance but I really did need the meds for the time I was on them.)One thing I found after being med free was the sex drive bit (the meds often just stop your sex drive, I found) and also that creativity and other positive emotions did flow more freely. **hint, hint! So, get creative! I'm terrible with PM but if you want to chat, PM me and we can! ((Hugs)) and I hope your journey stays positive!
EverydayJoy likes this.

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
March 13th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Thanks ladies! Rachel, yes I was terrified of that with my first--so I was on meds and doing counseling during my pregnancy and afterwards as well. With Kody, I never stopped the meds in the first place, just got onto ones that would be safest for baby prior to conception. I'm hoping this is my magic cure. We'll see!

March 13th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Just keep breathing.
Good for you! I'm so glad you're doing well. I was on Paxil for about 3 months several years ago, for anxiety and insomnia- and it took me a full 3 months to wean off. That's great that your body and mind are handling it so well.
March 13th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Yeah so day 5 is not so hot. I took half a pill today because my emotions were so all over the place and very irritable. Wasn't a pretty sight. I feel better though with the pill. I was reading today that being on long-term antidepressants can actually make you more depressed! Yikes! Anyway, I still am determined to get off of them.

March 13th, 2014, 06:34 PM
I hope tomorrow is good again. I think that is a 'rebound' effect some drugs have, where they can make things worse after awhile (like with migraines I've read). And some days I think a combo of hormones/foods/etc can set you back, and you just have to treat each day anew. Wishing you the best. KUP.

March 13th, 2014, 06:47 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Weening off the anti-depressives can be difficult, like any med, and when you're on a cocktail, even more so. You deserve plenty of praise for your efforts! Is your doctor monitoring your dosages? Along with the homeopathic remedies, are you also doing a cleanse? Like a juicing cleanse with ginger and lemon? That might help with the tougher days.Keep it up! You're doing great!

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 13th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope the homeopathics work for you and you're able to get off of the antidepressants. Good luck!
March 15th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I think it's so great that you are saying good bye to the pills with very little withdraw symptoms. Don't stress over a bad day here and there. A bad day is bound to pop up every now and then. I hope lil Kody is feeling better!! xxx
March 15th, 2014, 08:12 PM
So today has been rough. Hoping for a better day tomorrow. Took half of each of my pills.

March 16th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Keep on trying what works best for you, hang in there.
EverydayJoy likes this.

March 17th, 2014, 07:12 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you doing Joy? have you been able to go without them anymore or are you still doing half a day? Might be that you just need to wean yourself off.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 17th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Just keep breathing.
Hang in there! They're strong drugs, and it can take a long time to adjust as you wean off. Don't feel the least bit bad about needing to take some at times.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search