28 Week U/S was last week and update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By MoonAngel702
  • 1 Post By kaylakay
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By MoonAngel702
  • 1 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2014, 01:05 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
I realized I forgot to update after my u/s last week. Nothing but good news Placenta has successfully cleared out of the way of the cervix (WOOHOO) so I don't have to worry about that anymore. Baby looked great still and confirmed she is still a girl (lol) so we will be starting on the nursery soon. Fluid was good. Baby was breech which I know isn't a big deal at this point since there's still plenty of time for her to move head down. Also, I found out that I passed the 2 hour fasting glucose test that I had 2 weeks ago, thankfully! I was a little worried that maybe I wasn't going to pass it, for whatever reason. My next appt is in 2 weeks. Time seems to be just flying by! Also, my sister is hosting my baby shower at my parents' house in about 6 weeks on May 10th. I'm excited for that and been busy trying to work on the registry! And I will be signing us up for a childbirth class at the hospital which will be on May 17th.

Completely O/T, for about the past 1-2 months, there has been a lot of stress going on b/c of my poor little furbaby shih-tzu, Bella, who was having bladder issues. She ended up needing surgery about a week and a half ago to remove a large stone from her bladder. The way we initially realized she had a problem was when she had an accident in the house (never happens) and we noticed there was blood in her urine After lots of antibiotics (the 1st vet we took her to thought maybe it was just an infection) and lots of testing, she was diagnosed with the bladder stone and then needed surgery. Poor girl! She is doing much better now, though. She has a rather large incision on her belly b/c they also fixed her hernia that she had since she was a baby, so the incision is quite bigger than normal, which the vet had prepared me for. But it didn't/doesn't seem to bother her very much. The stitches will be removed this Friday. She seems to be doing great. It was very stressful time though. I was for sure a nervous and crying wreck the entire day of her surgery but I'm glad she is feeling better and everything with the surgery/recovery went smoothly for her.

Now back to baby Here is one of my faves from her photoshoot last week, once again she is chewing on her hand

And last week's bump pic

Zukin, Ame C and Sunrise like this.
March 31st, 2014, 02:23 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Cute bump!!!! And awesome news about your placenta!!!!! I am so happy for you!!! Our June babies will hopefully be here before we know it.
MoonAngel702 likes this.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
March 31st, 2014, 03:43 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeh Lindsey! Wonderful News! I was thinking about you just today and wondering where you were. Beautiful baby pic and a beautiful bump - how thin you are, so your bump is nice and round! You will look great after baby girl arrives!

Sorry to hear about Bella's troubles. I hope she recovers quickly!
MoonAngel702 likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
March 31st, 2014, 03:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Love the pics! Happy to hear the news about your placenta too!
MoonAngel702 likes this.
March 31st, 2014, 03:57 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So great to hear everything is going well! Glad to hear your little pup is recovering too, and that her surgery was a success. Great pictures!
MoonAngel702 likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 31st, 2014, 04:04 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
28 weeks already, time is going so fast (though it may not seem that way to you). Glad your appointment went well. Sorry to hear about Bella, but sounds like she's doing great. Cute bump.
MoonAngel702 likes this.

March 31st, 2014, 06:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
On no! I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! Is she on a medicated feed now? My beagle, Dixie, had very bad bladder stones. She was treated once as a walk in where they removed stones from her urethra and then after that she needed surgery. The vet was shocked at just how many stones were in her-- he gave us a sandwich Baggie half full to show us and told her she wouldn't live to see ten. Well, she is now FOURTEEN years old and in pretty darn good health! Hopefully your Bella has the same outcome!Glad to hear all is going so,well with the Lo and your US looks great!
MoonAngel702 likes this.

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
March 31st, 2014, 06:22 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Awww looks like baby girl has a yummy little hand And your bump, adorable, I love it!! Congratulations on a great appointment. I hope your little Belle is all better now. Poor pup!
MoonAngel702 likes this.
April 1st, 2014, 11:23 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBonana View Post
On no! I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! Is she on a medicated feed now? My beagle, Dixie, had very bad bladder stones. She was treated once as a walk in where they removed stones from her urethra and then after that she needed surgery. The vet was shocked at just how many stones were in her-- he gave us a sandwich Baggie half full to show us and told her she wouldn't live to see ten. Well, she is now FOURTEEN years old and in pretty darn good health! Hopefully your Bella has the same outcome!Glad to hear all is going so,well with the Lo and your US looks great!
Thank you! I'm so sorry to hear about your beagle! I can't believe she had that many stones in her bladder! how painful!! My dog only had 1 stone and had a lot of blood in her urine constantly and had frequent squatting and trying to go pee, so I can't imagine how bad it was for your poor beagle. But I'm happy to know she is living a long and happy life! Thanks so much for sharing! Her vet sent the stone off for testing to determine what type of stone it is and to determine how to prevent future stones. Certain stones can be broken down with medicated food and some can't..so we are waiting to find that out

Thank you everyone for your sweet responses!!
Boos Moo likes this.
April 2nd, 2014, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay for the placenta moving! And what a cute baby pic Glad your Bella seems to be doing better. We dealt with some issues last week with our chocolate lab, they thought she had stones, she was leaking urine and very uncomfortable. They determined that she didn't currently have stones but her urine crystallized when they analyzed it, so she is on a permanent special diet to hopefully keep that from happening.

April 2nd, 2014, 11:39 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad everything is good with baby and glad your placenta moved. Sorry about your little dog. hope she's on the mend. we have a little shihtzu also. they are the sweetest dogs ever.
MoonAngel702 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 8th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great news on your scan. I'm sorry about your puppy You have an adorable bump!

May 25th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Lindsay! I'm so happy to hear baby is going great! I still follow you and your updates of baby! Can't wait!! <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search