2 more weeks

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2006, 03:36 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so thrilled, had another dr. appt and sonogram today and "little" Jacob is already 5 pounds 4 ounces and the doctor is very thrilled at his progression in weight and is concerned at how big he will be if I go to term with him so as of tommorow I have ONLY 2 more weeks of bedrest! YIIPPPIIIEEEEEE. If I go into labor or contact after that point there will be no stopping it or taking the brethine!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMIGOSH I AM SO EXCITED.

Had a bit of news that scared me but dr. didnt' seem to concerned, I guess the cord is around Jacob's neck which is not to uncommon in the final weeks and he said it only becomes a problem closer to delivery at which point he would just give me a c-section.

Anyways- had to share my great news with all of you and I am so thrilled that the end is in sight

August 4th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah im sure the bedrest must be a little hard on you but like you said just 2 more weeks and he is already 5 pds! Thats good. I was a 38 weeker and weighed 4lbs 15 ou. Grow little man grow.

img]
August 4th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
I'm so glad to hear Jacob is doing so well and getting so big!!! All great news and just think you're bedrest is almost over and you'll be holding him before you know it!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
August 4th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bedrest sucks, so I am so glad you get to be done with that- but take it easy, even though 34 weeks means Jacob will survive, its still a long, hard road having a baby in the NICU- I would never wish leaving the hospital without a baby on anyone! Ethan was bron at 35 weeks and was in the NICU for 8 days and he weighed 6lbs, which the drs were super happy about. They say a good rule of thumb for how long a baby is hospitalized if born before 37 weeks is 1 week for every 2 weeks they shouldve been inside you- so if you still technically have 6 weeks to go when youre off bedrest, that means Jacob could possibly be in the NICU for 3 weeks- that would be hard! So take it easy! Its hard to not be anxious and want to see him, but it will be worth it for you to hang on as long as possible!!!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
August 5th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Stacy29's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ya congrats!!!! Keep taking it easy... Can't wait to meet baby Jacob!

Braden Keith (11/22/06) & Kinsley Brooke (5/20/09)

August 6th, 2006, 09:55 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Bedrest sucks, so I am so glad you get to be done with that- but take it easy, even though 34 weeks means Jacob will survive, its still a long, hard road having a baby in the NICU- I would never wish leaving the hospital without a baby on anyone! Ethan was bron at 35 weeks and was in the NICU for 8 days and he weighed 6lbs, which the drs were super happy about. They say a good rule of thumb for how long a baby is hospitalized if born before 37 weeks is 1 week for every 2 weeks they shouldve been inside you- so if you still technically have 6 weeks to go when youre off bedrest, that means Jacob could possibly be in the NICU for 3 weeks- that would be hard! So take it easy! Its hard to not be anxious and want to see him, but it will be worth it for you to hang on as long as possible!!![/b]

I would NEVER wish him to come earlier and be in the NICU either, but I totally trust my doctor and by then I will be 36 weeks and from Jacob's sonograms with his growth he isn't concerned about it because If he gets to big he is concerned because I am so petite that I wouldn't be able to handle having a bigger baby. My neice was born at 32 weeks and was in the NICU for only 6 days, so I think eveyrone and every baby has different circumstances. I am sure my Dr. wouldn't let me do something if it were going to harm Jacob.

August 6th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Bedrest sucks, so I am so glad you get to be done with that- but take it easy, even though 34 weeks means Jacob will survive, its still a long, hard road having a baby in the NICU- I would never wish leaving the hospital without a baby on anyone! Ethan was bron at 35 weeks and was in the NICU for 8 days and he weighed 6lbs, which the drs were super happy about. They say a good rule of thumb for how long a baby is hospitalized if born before 37 weeks is 1 week for every 2 weeks they shouldve been inside you- so if you still technically have 6 weeks to go when youre off bedrest, that means Jacob could possibly be in the NICU for 3 weeks- that would be hard! So take it easy! Its hard to not be anxious and want to see him, but it will be worth it for you to hang on as long as possible!!![/b]

I would NEVER wish him to come earlier and be in the NICU either, but I totally trust my doctor and by then I will be 36 weeks and from Jacob's sonograms with his growth he isn't concerned about it because If he gets to big he is concerned because I am so petite that I wouldn't be able to handle having a bigger baby. My neice was born at 32 weeks and was in the NICU for only 6 days, so I think eveyrone and every baby has different circumstances. I am sure my Dr. wouldn't let me do something if it were going to harm Jacob.
[/b]
Very true, my little brother was born at 34 weeks and weighed 9lbs and was totally fine! And that was 16 years ago when medicine was good, but not what it is today, so its true, every situation is different.
Good luck Candy! How exciting, the end is near!!!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
August 7th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good Luck to you!!! I cannot even imagine how much bedrest sucks, but hang in there. At least you know that the end is near.

Amy

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search