What's going on

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By cortln

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What are you all up to this week?

Well I hope to get our dining/computer area organized and cleaned up. Which means hopefully I'll get out the last of the baby thank you notes and then be able to mail out the programs from my brother's 'Celebration of Life' memorial we had. I hope to remember to call the medical examiner tomorrow to see if they have the results for us yet. I've been trying to get a hold of my aunt to let her know Truely is here, but her home phone is full and her cell is either not charged or turned off.

DD doesn't have class day this week or next for spring break, but we really need to get some homeschool work done. DH took DD and her BFF to the park today for a couple of hours for bike riding and playing and out to lunch. The girls want me to take them to see the new Muppet movie sometime this week (well today, but I'm to tired to go today).

Also, hoping to get birth announcements done and sent soon. Truely has her pedi appt on Tuesday and I have a lactation appt on Thursday along with a BP check.

April 7th, 2014, 04:34 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just got my shower thank yous out. DH goes back to work today after two weeks off and I'm dreading it. I'm still so sore and I need his help with the chickens and the garden seedlings, the laundry, dishes, etc. I miss him already and don't want to be alone all day. My dear friend from Germany was supposed to come for two weeks but cancelled because her husband got sick.

I have an OB appt today and I'm not supposed to drive or lift anything heavy and I have to do both. And I have a migraine to boot.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 7th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We took my daughter to a Sibling class yesterday afternoon. She got to learn all about what having a new little sister would be like and see a real newborn baby I think she enjoyed it. We also got a tour of the maternity area in the hospital but I wasn't expecting it so I completely forgot to ask all of my questions that I had! My husband also got my daughter's swing set up (she calls it a birdhouse, no idea why! - she's 3 lol) yesterday afternoon so when we got home from the hospital she got to play for a while. It was a rushed weekend but nice. Going to see the Easter bunny this coming Saturday morning
MoonAngel702 and lelila like this.
April 7th, 2014, 06:23 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were going to go to Sibling Classes but ran out of time. DS1 really seems to be settling in, which is nice, but I think he lacks some of the basics, like proper holding and understanding that when he is supposed to watch the baby, that means "watch" the baby and not the TV.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 9th, 2014, 03:20 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well we decided that today we'd try the beach (it was mid/high 90's here yesterday and today should be about the same). If Truely and I go (I'll have to see how the day goes once the sun comes up, it's only a little after 3 am right now) it will be a short trip. If we stay home DH, DD1 and her BFF, and the dogs can stay longer. Tomorrow I told DD1 that I would take her and her friend to the Muppet movie (even though I'm hoping they'll forget as I'm not a Muppet fan). Maybe the Lego movie is still playing and we can go see that instead since I fell asleep during the last half of it at the drive in a few weeks ago

April 9th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Just keep breathing.
Holy moly Therese! You have a brand new baby and here you are reorganizing the house, going to movies, schooling your kid, going to the beach. I love it And it's making me feel good and inspired- I like to be busy and active, and have some big personal projects that I have to do in early summer- can't be put off for maternity leave. I've been wondering how I'll deal. I guess when you have stuff to do, you just deal.

Today is hopefully the last of my daycare tours- there are 3 I really like, and DH and I are going to see 2 of them today. I've been to all of them but DH hasn't yet. I don't think he'll come with me again to the third- I can do enough compare/contrast with the first 2 to give him an idea.

On Monday I had an OB appointment. I'm 34 weeks, and the OB told me that was a great milestone, bc if I went into labor for some reason anytime after now, they wouldn't try to stop it, since odds are everything would be fine.

Last night when I came home from work, my elderly cat had either thrown up or scooted diarrhea ALL.OVER.THE.HOUSE. Seriously, every room was befouled. So that was an immediate deep-clean of just about everything, as well as a bath for the cat.

Today I got up early to take my dog to the vet for a teeth cleaning.

On Thursday I have my first training meeting with the woman who's replacing me while I'm on leave. I got to choose her and am really happy that she'll be covering for me. I work at a nonprofit, and really care about my work. It feels good to have someone I trust in place.

Hopefully the rest of the week will be more low-key
April 9th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're just taking it easy this week. Wanting to give my boy some time to rest and recover before we make any trips.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search