Baby dropping at 28 1/2 weeks?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 2 Post By MoonAngel702
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By Sunrise

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a little concerned this morning. I'll start from the beginning...

At my 20 week appointment with the ultrasound etc, my Dr. said that the baby was head down but they weren't really concerned. I haven't had an ultrasound since.

Last night, when I went to bed I felt different, I've been burping a lot but when i'm laying down it comes up as acid reflux. I was actually able to to burp laying down last night which I thought was strange. I was thinking that the baby moved positions or dropped.

This morning, a lady I work with told me my belly looked different, she said it looked a lot lower, there was space between my boobs and belly. I thought the same thing this morning when I looked in the mirror. i thought something looked funny/different.

The past two days I've had a lot more discharge, nothing that is cause for alarm but just more than usual but I just blammed that on intercourse from Saturday night. I didn't think anything of it until today.

I'm not feeling any pain, discomfort etc. Just a little weirded out.

Is it possible my baby has dropped this early? Is that bad if that is the case? Could I go into labor earlier?

I have a Dr. appt Friday, I'm going to ask about it then. I'll call earlier if stranger things start happening, just thought I'd post here to see if anyone had any experience with the same thing?
April 7th, 2014, 10:52 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Christian dropped around that time. I know my dr commented about how low he was. I was also having tons of contractions so 28 weeks is when we started doing those FFN tests to check for on coming labor. But thankfully my little guy stayed in until 38 weeks so hopefully that will be your case.

I know all my babies go head down really early and then they seem to just get lower and lower. With Christian he was so low I felt like he was just going to fall out.

I'm sure your fine but definitely mention it to your dr. And the discharge is normal also. I had a ton of it all through my pregnancy.
CLS2616 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 7th, 2014, 01:13 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
I am wondering if maybe baby girl just changed her position and so it appears like she has dropped? If you aren't having contractions or anything I would hope everything is just fine! But I agree, to mention it to your doctor! Hopefully it is nothing to be concerned about
Sunrise and CLS2616 like this.
April 7th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I think what Melissa said sounds like it's normal but keep an eye on things. I don't really have any experience with this. Clyde dropped like 3-4 days before we lost him and Toren was induced before he ever got a chance to. I hope you don't get early aches and pains from it. I'm glad your feeling good today, besides being a little on edge from this.
CLS2616 likes this.

April 7th, 2014, 03:24 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Colt had been head down since 20 weeks and I had comments about being low too, but in truth, he was so far up (despite a gap between breasts and ribs) that when I finally had my section, they had to reach up inside and pull him out (sorry tmi) - he wasn't even in the pelvis or at a station despite frequent contractions, tons of pressure and even pain.Also, around 30 weeks, my OB told me the discharge really ramps up. For me it ramped up around 26 weeks so much so I had to wear a pad for the remainder of the pregnancy.As for Acid Reflux, UGH. I had it from about 8 weeks on, and in the 3rd trimester it was UNBEARABLE. I started taking pepcid ac for a while but it became ineffective around 35 weeks. Every time I laid down I threw up. I had to sleep sitting up or on the couch.
CLS2616 likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 41
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 7th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls. I feel a bit better. I hope Friday gets here quickly!I don't remember when my daughter dropped and I don't remember this much dampness in that area with her. I've had to wear a panty liner this whole pregnancy and it's just getting worse and worse. bleck. I've never been the same down there since my injuries with my daughter so I pretty much have to wear a panty liner on a daily basis even when not pregnant. I did have the acid reflux with her so bad in the 3rd trimester, it of course just got worse the later it got. I'm hoping things stay the way they are for a while as I'm not in too much pain yet!
April 7th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
KUP. I know Truely changed position (can't remember when now though) and it seemed like she dropped earlier than I would have expected. Each pregnancy is different so it's sometimes hard to remember (or know) what is normal
CLS2616 likes this.

April 8th, 2014, 03:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
A change to head down can make space between belly & boobs. Mine turned head down earlier too. I was more comfy with his head down.
CLS2616 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search