Monday meals

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MelChicago

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2014, 01:29 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What meals are on your menu this week?
Do you plan your meals out for the week or are you more spur of the moment?
How often do you buy groceries?
Moms - What meals are you giving your kids this week? do you feed them something different that you or do they eat what you are eating

What meals are on your menu this week? tonight we are having chicken and artichokes and tomorrow night we are having spaghetti, wednesday is going to be a pork tenderloin and Thursday is t-ball so we will probably eat out
Do you plan your meals out for the week or are you more spur of the moment? I'm a planner and plan the whole week out on Sunday
How often do you buy groceries? once a week
Moms - What meals are you giving your kids this week? do you feed them something different that you or do they eat what you are eating? If I am making something that they will eat I will let them eat what we are eating but if not I will make them something different. Jacob's favorite is oatmeal and he will eat it any time of the day; Jackson loves grilled cheeses and frozen pizza which I hate to give him but do sometimes.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 7th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Just keep breathing.
What meals are on your menu this week? I made a giant crock pot of chili last night, so that will likely last a few days. I also have some pork chops in the fridge.

Do you plan your meals out for the week or are you more spur of the moment? About half and half. I try to plan at least a few meals a week, and hopefully either have leftovers or else other stuff around that we can whip up without much planning.

How often do you buy groceries? I get most of our groceries delivered, every 2 weeks. I do end up running to the store maybe once a week, just for a few things like fresh fruit or milk, or something special. I HATE grocery shopping, so having grocery delivery is a godsend. We have Peapod in our city. Prices are just the same as the store, and the $7 delivery fee is well worth it. Also, we live on the 3rd floor of a walkup, and I am just fine with not having to carry a zillion bags upstairs.
Ame C likes this.
April 7th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What meals are on your menu this week? Menu? What is that?!? Well today I picked up some steaks for DH to grill tonight, which means baked potatoes to go with and some sort of veggie and/or salad. I also picked up stuff to make spagetti with meat sauce, tacos, salmon (though I may be the only one to eat it), shrimp, and sandwich stuff (mostly for lunches when DH and/or I are asleep DD can make herself lunch). Do you plan your meals out for the week or are you more spur of the moment? I've tried before (many times) to plan meals, but I'm so much of a 'I'm in the mood for this tonight' kind of gal menu planning never worked because I didn't feel like tacos on Tuesday, etc. So now I just buy things that sound good for the week and then decided day by day what sounds good. How often do you buy groceries? Generally once a week, though sometimes we'll have to pick up more milk, bananas, etc. Moms - What meals are you giving your kids this week? do you feed them something different that you or do they eat what you are eating DS rarely eats with us because of work and sleep, but DD1 will typically eat what we're having, or at least have to give it a few bites (like the salmon this week). Then if she doesn't like it she can make something else.

April 8th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What meals are on your menu this week? LOL Oatmeal for me this week, anything else and I have horrible acid reflux. Do you plan your meals out for the week or are you more spur of the moment?I plan them for the week, since I've been pregnant that hasn't been working out very well though.How often do you buy groceries? Once a week, we grocery shop on the weekends for the following week.Moms - What meals are you giving your kids this week? do you feed them something different that you or do they eat what you are eating I've been really slacking with my daughter and I feel horrible. Normally, she eats what we eat. Since I haven't really been cooking, I've been scrambling her eggs/toast for dinner, mac n cheese and turkey dog, chicken nuggets/applesauce, easy stuff that I can make quickly. Sometimes my husband will grill something for himself like brats or burgers, he'll make her one as well so it hasn't been too awful but I can't wait until i have some more energy and can make real meals again with some healthy stuff to offer her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search