35 weeks!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 3 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Just keep breathing.
I had a 35 week appointment today! I got the Group B strep swab and a cervical check- I'm 1cm dilated, though my OB didn't say anything about effacement, and baby is still very high. Baby girl is large and wriggly and wonderful. Mostly I feel okay- just usual pregnancy issues. I do my Pilates exercises almost every day and really feel that's helped keep my body from falling apart.

I like my new OB okay (my old one- whom I'd seen for 10 years and supported me through 3 losses and this baby was "downsized" since she'd been in the practice longest and was highest paid.). My new OB is very calm, and she's clearly a good dr (she actually delivered my old OB's 3 kids). I still miss my old OB though.

We've been to the childbirth class, hospital tour, and newborn care class. I'm going to a breastfeeding workshop in a few weeks.

At home, we've finally assembled all the furniture (dresser/changer, crib, bookcase). Now I can do all the laundry and sort through some of the things, since we have places to put them. A part of me wishes I had done all this stuff earlier, when I wasn't so large and tired. Most women in my DDC have had their nurseries ready for weeks if not months. It was just hard for me to get motivated.

I still have random thoughts that this isn't actually going to happen, that I'm not going to have a baby. I try to tell myself that they're just thoughts, random neurons firing in my head, and don't actually mean anything. It's not easy though.
cortln likes this.
April 15th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY, sooo close!

I totally understand your fear, but now you are putting things away and making way for baby...so exciting!

April 15th, 2014, 02:49 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Yay Mel!!!! You are getting SO close! 35 weeks... your baby is going to be here in no time. I'm so glad everything is looking great! Did you end up having your baby shower? I can't remember if you updated about that or not. Just wondering how that went We are going to be doing the birthing class and hospital tour next month too! Was the newborn care class offered by your hospital? The breastfeeding workshop sounds like something that would be beneficial as well. Well, it sounds like everything is getting in order for your sweet little baby girl to arrive! I'm so excited for you! Are you on weekly appts now too? Make sure to keep us posted on how your weekly appts go.
April 15th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I still have thoughts that something bad is going to happen. They really are just thoughts.

It's exciting you're getting everything ready! Yay! Not much longer. Glad you like your new OB as well.
April 15th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Just keep breathing.
Thank you! Yes, I am on weekly appointments now. Next week I have my last "rotating" appointment, seeing all the different drs in the practice who may be on call when I deliver.

I did have my baby shower! It was an absolutely lovely, peaceful, calm afternoon, exactly what I wanted. There were 8 of us, all my good friends. My 2 friends who hosted arranged for a beautiful lunch, and we ate, socialized and opened gifts. My mom was going to throw me a family shower in Michigan, where most of my and DH's relatives live. But with her heart surgery at the end of Feb, it was just too much. She is doing really well, btw. She's now doing special cardio physical therapy and will probably come out of it in better shape than she's ever been.

Just this afternoon after I posted I found I had a little bit of spotting. Of course I freaked out and called the nurse, who explained this is super common and will probably happen after every appointment now. Today was the first cervical check I'd had, which apparently irritated things a bit.

Lindsey, yes, the newborn care class was offered by the hospital. It was really informative. It also had an infant CPR training portion, which of course I never want to need, but was empowering. The nurse leading the class explained what happens to the baby in the hospital (different tests, shots she'll get, etc.), plus practicing with the car seat, swaddling daipering, etc. I'm glad DH and I went together.
April 16th, 2014, 09:18 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are getting so close. I'm so excited for you.

Yes the spotting is so normal. I spotted after DTD and freaked out also. I also spotted after every cervical check. it does suck but completely normal.

Glad your shower went so great. Not much longer and you'll be holding your sweet rainbow baby. i can't wait.
MelChicago likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 16th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG 5 weeks! So close! I'll be able to finally say 5 weeks when you have your little one So excited for you!!!!!!!!
MelChicago likes this.
April 16th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So close, and it sounds like you are all set and ready now! Can't wait to 'meet' the little one
MelChicago likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search