Gas from Bottles

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2014, 10:26 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
anybody's else have a little one who gets gas from bottles? I bought Christian some tommee tippee bottles that have the big nipples like boobs and daycare just called and he took the bottle fine but now he has a tummy ache and is crying and won't stop. they think he got gas from the bottle which I'm sure is the problem. he never gets gas when he nurses so I'm sure that he just got some air from the bottle that gave him gas.

Now to try to find another bottle that doesn't give him gas.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 23rd, 2014, 12:04 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I hear Dr Browns are good for gassy babies. I have also heard great things about the Medela Calma bottles if you don't mind spending a little more money. Calma® | Medela

April 23rd, 2014, 12:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have heard the same about Dr. Brown's but also heard they are a pain to clean. I used the Playtex Ventaire bottles that are supposed to reduce colic/gas pains. They just had one extra piece and it was dishwasher safe, so that made more sense for me.

April 23rd, 2014, 03:02 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just bought a few different brands of bottles, including the Tippee brand but I got the nurser transition bottle to reduce colic and gas. It has a air thingy in it. I haven't even opened it yet. Should I even bother?

I bought a Medela bottle and nipple and tried it today and DS2 like it very much. He didn't spit it out and he didn't dribble or cry. I have an Avent bottle/nipple set up that I'll try tomorrow.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 23rd, 2014, 09:33 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Melissa is it breastmilk they are giving him or formula? On the bottle/gas thing, I have no idea. But now I think I need to research bottle types for gassiness, didn't even think about the type of bottle....ugh.

April 24th, 2014, 06:45 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tried the Tippee bottle last night with Breastmilk and with Formula and DS2 HATED it. He spit it out repeatedly and cried, dribbling all over the place. I poured the contents into a Medela bottle and he sucked it down.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 24th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Therese they were giving him breastmilk. I am just guessing that it was the bottle that gave him such bad gas. Later in the day yesterday they gave him the playtex nurser which is suppose to be better at preventing gas and he eventually took it and she said that he didn't seem to get any gas from it. So I guess I just wasted my money on the tomee tippee. He loved the bottle but the gas from it was just terrible.
Boos Moo likes this.

April 24th, 2014, 10:16 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw poor guy! I'm glad you at least solved the problem. Hopefully they are also burping him really well afterwards. I've heard burping every 2 oz or so can help with gas.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 26th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope he's still doing well.

April 28th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Therese he's with me today but on Friday he did ok with the playtex nursers. He still puts up a fight and doesn't want to take it but I think once he figures out that milk comes out of the bottle he does ok. He still definitely prefers the real thing.

Joy they are burping him, that's one thing I made sure to ask them Guess his little tummy just got upset with the bottle since he wasn't used to it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search