My aunt

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By Schofield06

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just don't know where to start, this year has been very crazy and bittersweet. I haven't been on lately because now my aunt is passing away. Her son said they don't expect her to make it through today. She was in the hospital (some of you may remember), then got released to the rehab/convelesant house, well then they decided she could not be sent home as she wouldn't be able to live on her own again. So last week she got a new home care situation worked out and it was time spent getting her moved quickly. She hasn't been in great health for a long time, but this last month she's declined and this last week even more. I don't mean to be a downer, but just wanted to update on why I haven't been on here and I've been missing so many joyous births. I don't know when I'll be on again, but congrats to all the new mommas and hug those sweet little ones. On another note I did get the report from the ME about my brother. His heart basically couldn't keep up with him, he had liver scarring, obesity, and a heart condition which all lead to his death.

April 25th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Just keep breathing.
Big hugs, Therese. You sure have been through the ringer this year. I'm so sorry about your aunt's passing- it's clear she's so important to you. I hope her last moments are peaceful, and that you and your family get the comfort and support you need.
April 25th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry, Therese. I will keep her in my thoughts, as well as you.

April 25th, 2014, 03:14 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow Therese, that has got to be so hard for you on the heels of your brother's death. I'm sure "hard" is not a strong enough word. I'm so sorry your aunt has taken a turn for the worst.
I'm glad you have your precious Truely right now, otherwise (if it were me anyway) all the hard times would be unbearable. I hope she helps cheer you up in the midst of all this sorrow.
I imagine hearing what the cause of death was for your brother helped with a sense of closure somewhat. Not that it makes it any better, but at least you know what happened. I hope you can find some consolation in that.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 25th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I think the others said it beautifully. We love you and will be here. Take all the time you need. I'm so sorry (((hugs))) xxxx
April 25th, 2014, 07:20 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Therese, I'm so sorry. So much sadness in your life the last few months. You are in my thoughts.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
April 25th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Huge ((hugs)) Therese. I'm so sorry for all that is going on.

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
April 26th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Well here it is almost 4 in the afternoon on Saturday and I'm just now getting a chance to have a few minutes to do anything other than sleep or take care of Truely (DH had to be gone today). And I haven't heard from my cousin about my aunt so I will call him soon (as soon as I'm sure Truely is down for a nap so I can actually talk without her crying in the phone). Thanks so much for the kind words. I will keep you posted when I find out. It does help having Truely here, but at the same time I feel like maybe I didn't get to mourn my brother as much as I would have otherwise. She is a ray of sunshine, even with the colic issues, since she is our little miracle baby.

April 27th, 2014, 09:56 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I understand what you mean about maybe not being able to mourn as much as you would have. Even though it's nothing like losing a brother, when I miscarried, I felt like I wasn't able to mourn as much because I needed to take care of my older one (who was 3 at the time). I had to keep it together for him. I hope that as time goes on you can find moments to let it out when you need to, and that you remember it's ok to be sad even though you have a precious little one. Yes, she is wonderful, but she doesn't replace your brother. I'm glad she is able to be your little sunshine though. She is precious.
Boos Moo likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 28th, 2014, 11:06 AM
I felt the same way when I lost our little girl at 20 weeks. I kept it together as much as possible during the day because DS was only 8 then. But at night it was waterworks for a very long time. DH and I are going out to the cemetery this week to see his headstone and leave flowers. When the memorial service was they only had the temporary marker. Thanks for all the kind words. I'm still waiting to hear from my cousin.

April 28th, 2014, 01:17 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Therese I'm so sorry about your Aunt. You have had a very tough time lately. I'm so glad that you have your little ray of sunshine in Truely. Sending you lots of prayers and hugs. Hope your doing ok.
Boos Moo likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 29th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Thanks Melissa. To be honest I'm not doing so well, but I'm sure I'll pull through. Last night was pretty rough for me, but daylight always seems to make things better. My aunt did pass away on Friday, I got the call from my cousin that the service is this Friday. DH had Thurs/Fri off so we'll be able to make it. My 'sister' who lives up near there (it's 2 hours away) has another funeral that day and won't be able to watch the girls for us, so I guess we'll take them with us and if Truely gets noisy DH will take her outside. With the exception of Truely being here I can say 2014 has really sucked for me, but I'm hoping the second half of the year will be amazing. Right?

April 29th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Just keep breathing.
Sending you big hugs. I'm so sorry Therese.

2014 can't get much worse, right? (knocking on wood).
April 30th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope the rest of 2014 is amazing for you. So sorry. We're all here for you.
April 30th, 2014, 12:55 PM
That's what I'm hoping for, a great rest of the year. But until little bug outgrows this colic it's going to make for a hard time. My cousin said there was a problem with the cemetery and services had to be moved to Monday. And I don't know (won't know until tomorrow) if DH has Monday off. He may be able to switch with someone if he doesn't, but it's to late to ask for it off. If he isn't able to get the time off I can't see myself going since it would mean taking both girls. And while DD1 would be fine, I can't see trying to deal with Truely if she gets colicky on such a big trip.

April 30th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man! I really hope he has or can get Monday off!!
Boos Moo likes this.
May 1st, 2014, 11:47 AM
Me to because I can't think of anyone close by I'd leave her with. Other than DH the only people I'd leave her with is my 'sisters', one who lives up by where my aunt lived (2 hours away) and the other in Oregon about 20 hours away.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search