Just because

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Boos Moo
  • 2 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's to cute not to share! This was this morning, she's growing so much. And she's had 4 pretty good days/nights this week with minimum fuss

May 6th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Just keep breathing.
SO CUTE! omg, look at her little face. Therese, she is just too precious It's great to hear she's had a run of good days.
May 6th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Oh my, those lips!! Such a precious little darling. Good days are always good news.
May 7th, 2014, 07:25 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww what a cutie pie!!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 7th, 2014, 08:29 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my what a sweetie. I just want to hug her. So cute.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
May 7th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Well I guess I typed to soon and jinxed myself. Last night was awful for her (and therefore me). I'm taking her to the doctor today to see what can be done for her gas I've tried all I can think of and it only seems to be getting worse. But that could just be because it's been going on for so long and I'm exhausted trying to find ways to comfort her. But here is her in her little Minnie outfit:
MoonAngel702 and MelChicago like this.

May 7th, 2014, 11:43 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw, sorry things are going so rough. She is a darling, though.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 7th, 2014, 04:40 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
oh my goodness..she is absolutely adorable!!!
May 8th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She is too cute for words!

I am sorry it's been rough though. I can't remember, are you bfing?

May 8th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Tonight has been better. I did try bf for 3 weeks. But seems lots of factors led to it not working. She never could get a good latch, and I was in the hospital for a week and we met with lactation consultants usually twice a day to try to help, plus one after we got out of the hospital and 2 at a breast feeding support group through the hospital. They said preemies have a harder time latching and 'waking up' to eat and in general can be not interested in the breast until closer to their due date. So I kept trying and pumping for those 3 weeks. But even with taking supplements, oatmeal, skin-to-skin, and continuing trying to latch (even with the nipple shield) my supply pumping didn't increase and when it started to go down and on top of that she started eating more (we were supplementing with formula), and the fact that I was pumping every 3 hours (which means about 2 hours of sleep at a time) it just got to depressing and I gave up. At the time I couldn't imagine having to go on like that for another 2 weeks in hopes that she would 'wake up' and decide the breast was for her. Sigh. But I did take her to the doctor yesterday after a really rough night on Tuesday (it was almost a 5 hour stretch of crying) and after examining her she thinks she has silent reflux, and that is contributing to her gassiness and colic. The ER doctors thought she had reflux as well (though they just said reflux so I was looking for spit ups and not the spit and swallow). So she is now on a medicine for reflux and we're putting her co-sleeper and bassinet at an angle so she's not flat. Plus we got some new bottles that are supposed to be better for less air. And we'd already been holding her upright for 15 - 20 mins after eating, so now we'll try 20 - 30. The doctor said they outgrow it, but I forgot to ask when (maybe at her appt. next week I'll remember to ask at about what age that happens). Apparently she also has: Laryngomalacia results in partial airway obstruction, most commonly causing a characteristic high-pitched squeaking noise on inhalation (inspiratory stridor). Some infants have feeding difficulties related to this problem. Rarely, children will have significant life threatening airway obstruction. The vast majority, however, will only have stridor without other more serious symptoms such as dyspnea (difficulty breathing). Which explains this squeaky sound she makes often (we call it her truck brake noise). Luckily it doesn't seem to affect her eating as she weighed in at 11 pounds 5.9 ounces!
MelChicago likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search