More trouble with the darn bottle

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By lelila
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 3 Post By melissalaw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2014, 08:35 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was one mad mommy yesterday. The ladies at daycare that work in the mornings are great but they have young girls that work in the afternoons and I'm not extremely fond of them. Yesterday the afternoon girl couldn't get Christian to take his bottle so she just thought he wasn't hungry. Well she let him cry for an hour and a half and by the time I got to daycare to pick the kids up my poor little boy was worked up into a frenzy. I told her that I knew he was hungry and I sat down and he latched right on and ate like crazy. I was not happy. I told her that if that happened again and she couldn't get him to take the bottle to please call me and I would come get him.

I talked to the morning ladies this morning and they are going to start staying later to make sure that the afternoon girls can get him to eat. But I guess I'm just going to pick up some more brands of bottles and see if I can find one that he likes. I never imagined that it would be so hard to find a bottle that he would take.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
May 7th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh poor little guy. I'm going to go get some different bottles myself today and see if that could be the cause of Truely's gas. I hope you find something that he'll take easier.

May 7th, 2014, 11:36 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All I can say is "Wow". Who lets a baby cry for 1.5 hours?
Ame C likes this.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
May 7th, 2014, 11:39 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor baby! I would have been so mad thinking they were starving my baby, and letting him cry his head off. I would think they'd call if he was crying that long anyway??? I would want to know!
Almost makes you want to "bug" your kid with a camera so you can make sure they're ok! Grrrr....
Ame C likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 7th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Omg! I can see why you would be upset!!.. 1.5 hours?! I used to work at a daycare as the main teacher for the infant room and later moved to the toddler room because they had problems with the teacher in there (so they canned her and moved me). I have to say it's common sense that if a baby is crying non stop when it's TIME for them to eat, doesn't eat, then goes another 1.5 hours without eating while screaming his head off, then it's way past time to feed that baby!!

Make sure you let the owner (if it's a small day care) or the ladies who work the front desk know what happened with Christian and how the young afternoon girl handled the situation. They will keep an eye out and give the afternoon teachers help if they need an extra hand during Christian's feeding times if he is really having that hard of a time. Poor baby
humnck likes this.

May 7th, 2014, 12:37 PM
I have talked to the owner and the older ladies who work in the morning. the morning ladies have called me several times when he's having trouble taking the bottle so I don't know why the girl in the afternoon didn't call me. I told them this morning to call me if cries for very long. I do work but my kids are my priority and I will leave work anytime they need me.

Last night was a very hard night at our house because Christian was had gotten so upset that I had to hold and nurse him for most of the night.

I still can't believe that she let him cry for that long without calling me. I know on his first days there the morning ladies were calling me all the time when he was having a hard time. I guess the girl in the afternoon just didn't know to call. Now she does though. they have always taken such good care of my other two kids but I was extremely pissed about what happened yesterday.

May 8th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, so frustrating! I hope they don't let that happen again

May 8th, 2014, 10:50 AM
He did better yesterday but the older ladies made sure he was fed. She actually stayed later yesterday afternoon and gave him a bottle at 3:00 so he would stay full until I got there around 5:00 to pick him up. Hopefully today goes just as well. I hope it gets easier on him soon. He just hates bottles.
Boos Moo likes this.

May 8th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fingers crossed he continues to do better and that they do also.

May 10th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for you and Christian! My little T won't take bottles anymore. I'm trying to offer one every day. But he hasn't "drank" a feed from one in about 6 weeks. I'm so worried he won't anymore. Which is def going to influence child are when I'm (supposed to) go to work. Has Christian taken from a bottle all long? Or was the bottle relatively new when you were making the transition to daycare?

May 12th, 2014, 08:44 AM
We didn't start introducing the bottle until he was around 7 weeks old which was way too old. His dad started trying and he wouldn't take it from him. he won't take it from me so you might have somebody else give your little one a bottle because he may not take it from you.

Christian is doing much better now but it took alot of trial and error to find the right bottle. he still won't take one at home if he knows I'm around. He just screams until I nurse him but at daycare I guess he knows I'm no where around and after a little bit of a fight he will eventually take one.

May 22nd, 2014, 12:02 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Melissa, how is he doing now with the bottle? What type of bottle are you using and what flow nipple? We introduced a bottle at least once a day since birth and it's just a no go for us. He simply refuses it every time and I end up nursing. I'm just fine with it as I'm not working anymore. However, there are times when I'm out on an errand and DH has to feed him. DH goes through every bottle type we have and usually Colt will take which ever comes last because he is just so hungry.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
May 22nd, 2014, 12:19 PM
Leia he finally started taking the tommee tippee. We are using the slow flow nipples. It took him a while to get used to them but the ladies at daycare say he does fine with them now. He still won't take a bottle if we are at home or if I'm anywhere around but thankfully he will take them from the ladies at daycare.
EverydayJoy, lelila and Boos Moo like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search